2007 Lions Game Day Giveaways, Promotions, and Events

Buy or Sell Tickets (non profit) Info about the BC Lions in the Community and where Lions fans gather for events like tailgaters

Moderator: Team Captains

Robbie
Hall of Famer

It looks like tomorrow's home game special event will be the induction of Lynn ‘Lefty’ Hendrickson and Joe Paopao in addition to the 1985 Grey Cup team to the Wall of Fame to be inducted during a special halftime ceremony.

http://www.bclions.com/index.php?module ... &nid=18137

While Hendrickson and Paopao played 80 and 81 games for the Lions respectively, I'm not sure if their performance per se is worthy of them being inducted. But as I stated in other threads before, it seems like longevity rather than performance is the main criteria over such induction honours. I don't think great performing but short-term Lions such as MOP's Mervyn Fernandez (individually), David Williams, Doug Flutie, or Casey Printers will ever be inducted.
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Any giveaways tonight?
Soundy
Hall of Famer

I'm giving away my ticket *grumble grumble*
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Nope
Canuck_4_Life
Hall of Famer

Those mini-grey cups that they were giving away at the home opener, they're selling as "Micro Grey Cups" for $5. I discovered this when I went to pick up my Felions calendar.
SammyGreene
Team Captain

Noticed the Lions have updated their info on their game day giveaways:
August 31 vs. Montreal
Game Sponsor: Save-On-Foods
The first 4,000 kids ages 12 and under will receive a free zipper binder courtesy of Save-On-Foods.
Saturday, September 15 vs. Toronto
Game Sponsor: RONA
Ladies Night - the first 3,000 ladies through the gates will receive a free pink BC Lions eco-friendly tote bag, in support of the game's Lions Share partner, the BC Cancer Foundation.
Saturday September 29 vs. Calgary
Game Sponsor: Frito Lay Canada
Fan Appreciation Night - post game giveaway of 15,000 team posters, and other random prizes will be awarded throughout the game!
Saturday October 20 vs. Edmonton
Game Sponsor: Subway
Subway Salute to Amateur Football
Saturday November 3 vs. Calgary
Game Sponsor: SportsAction
The first 3,000 kids 12 and under will receive a free Geroy Simon Bobblehead courtesy of Rogers Home Phone.
This is the first I have seen of the Geroy Bobbleheads being only for fans 12 and under. I am glad my son comes to the games with me but this is WILL NOT go over well with everyone else.

Also... I take it most of you received the invite for the season ticket holder survey. Some very interesting questions covering just about everything.
pinkfreud

Okay, are there any gates that you're more likely to get the giveaway item at than others? Because I'm going to have one upset 5 year old (my friend's child) if he doesn't get one tomorrow. I seem to recall hearing that in the past some gates weren't set up for the giveaways. I guess the main ones are a good bet.

Yay for pink tote bags on the 15th!
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

pinkfreud wrote:Okay, are there any gates that you're more likely to get the giveaway item at than others? Because I'm going to have one upset 5 year old (my friend's child) if he doesn't get one tomorrow. I seem to recall hearing that in the past some gates weren't set up for the giveaways. I guess the main ones are a good bet.

I always use Gate G facing the west parking lot and never get a giveaway item there.
LFITQ
Team Captain

B.C.FAN wrote:
pinkfreud wrote:Okay, are there any gates that you're more likely to get the giveaway item at than others? Because I'm going to have one upset 5 year old (my friend's child) if he doesn't get one tomorrow. I seem to recall hearing that in the past some gates weren't set up for the giveaways. I guess the main ones are a good bet.

I always use Gate G facing the west parking lot and never get a giveaway item there.
We've used gate A, Gate H and Gate G and have never come away disappointed.

keep in mind there will generally be MORE of them at Gate A than at Gate G because most crowds tend to use Gate A. With the Mini Grey Cup giveaway we used Gate H and had no problems.
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
pinkfreud

Thanks, we'll use gate A then. It's closer to my section anyhow.
David
Team Captain

SammyGreene wrote:Also... I take it most of you received the invite for the season ticket holder survey. Some very interesting questions covering just about everything.
Yes, in fact I wish I could have taken a survey to ask what I thought of their survey. :lol:

I wish there was more space to write comments as there were certain "gray" areas with some of the questions. For example, they asked about Sunday games (sometimes, always, never I think were the choices). I think the occasional Sunday game would work, but only after Labor Day.

Then there was the part about their TV ads.....

DH 8)
Roar, You Lions, Roar
Robbie
Hall of Famer

With school starting just a few days from now, it looks like the zipper binders for the kids 12 and under will be a handy school supply. But I wonder how they will enforce the under 12 policy. Unlike adults being carded for alcohol, kids 12 and under rarely carry any identification showing their age and I'm sure many young teenagers could pose as 12-year olds. Maybe you can too, CB123, if you want that zipper binder as you begin your grade 12 year. :lol:
Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

SammyGreene wrote:Noticed the Lions have updated their info on their game day giveaways:
August 31 vs. Montreal
Game Sponsor: Save-On-Foods
The first 4,000 kids ages 12 and under will receive a free zipper binder courtesy of Save-On-Foods.
Saturday, September 15 vs. Toronto
Game Sponsor: RONA
Ladies Night - the first 3,000 ladies through the gates will receive a free pink BC Lions eco-friendly tote bag, in support of the game's Lions Share partner, the BC Cancer Foundation.
Saturday September 29 vs. Calgary
Game Sponsor: Frito Lay Canada
Fan Appreciation Night - post game giveaway of 15,000 team posters, and other random prizes will be awarded throughout the game!
Saturday October 20 vs. Edmonton
Game Sponsor: Subway
Subway Salute to Amateur Football
Saturday November 3 vs. Calgary
Game Sponsor: SportsAction
The first 3,000 kids 12 and under will receive a free Geroy Simon Bobblehead courtesy of Rogers Home Phone.
This is the first I have seen of the Geroy Bobbleheads being only for fans 12 and under. I am glad my son comes to the games with me but this is WILL NOT go over well with everyone else.

Also... I take it most of you received the invite for the season ticket holder survey. Some very interesting questions covering just about everything.
THIS IS FREAKIN BS they should give em to all fans!!!!!!!
2012 Season Ticket Holder
Robbie
Hall of Famer

pinkfreud wrote:Because I'm going to have one upset 5 year old (my friend's child) if he doesn't get one tomorrow.
Did he manage to get one, Pinkfreud?

How about the rest of you with kids?
pinkfreud

Robbie wrote:
pinkfreud wrote:Because I'm going to have one upset 5 year old (my friend's child) if he doesn't get one tomorrow.
Did he manage to get one, Pinkfreud?

How about the rest of you with kids?
Yes, he did and he was thrilled. Not too thrilled to say no to a $25 Lions hat, a hot dog, pop and a huge tub of popcorn though.

It was his first football game and he was so excited by the crowd. He blew me away when he asked me if Montreal sucked worse than Hamilton!

:lol:
Last edited by pinkfreud on Sat Sep 01, 2007 3:14 am, edited 2 times in total.