Rags To Riches !!!

Discuss the NHL, NFL, CIS, NCAA, Lacrosse, Soccer, Baseball, Basketball, Motorsports, Golf, Rugby, Amateur Sport, Curling, Wrestling ... Whatever Sport or Leisure activity you like!

Moderator: Team Captains

moby

What a great race, and story. First Philly to win the Belmont since 1905. I am not a huge race fan, but that was a amazing race. She stumbled out of the gate, and caught the favorite down the stretch to win by a nose.
Ryan
All Star

It was a very exciting race - my wife was cheering the filly on down the entire back stretch! I really don't watch much racing but with it pouring down rain I figured why not. Looked great in HD.
Dan Russell
Legend

When I saw the list of horses racing I was drawn to the name Rags to Riches. Had I bet I would have made an lot of money. Hindsight is 20/20.
Robbie
Hall of Famer

There hasn't been a Triple Crown winner since 1978, but the first filly to win the Belmont Stakes since 1904 is certainly just as historic.

Congratulations to owners Michael B. Tabor and Derrick Smith, trainer Todd A. Pletcher, and jockey John R. Velazquez. Congratulations to the horse too of course for her narrow victory over Preakness Stakes winner Curlin.

Dan Russell
Legend

An good close finish.