Casey Printers

Discuss the NHL, NFL, CIS, NCAA, Lacrosse, Soccer, Baseball, Basketball, Motorsports, Golf, Rugby, Amateur Sport, Curling, Wrestling ... Whatever Sport or Leisure activity you like!

Moderator: Team Captains

Balraj
All Star

The team 1040 reported today through a nfl source, some guy from miami name Alex, that Casey Printers and
other nfl players will be competing in a broadcasting boot camp from june 18-21. looks like he's interested in a career as a journalist/broadcaster. This source also reported that he will be the #3 guy in K.C.
Dan Russell
Legend

Well, at least he will be able to see the field better as he won't be on it any time soon.
Lionut
Hall of Famer

Don't be so sure about that. Kansas City has hitched their wagon this year to 34 year old Damon Huard, a pretty pedestrian career backup. Behind him, there is Brody Croyle and Casey Printers, both second year pros now. No doubt that Croyle has favourite son status at the moment within the Chiefs organization, but things can change in an instant in the NFL. If Croyle stinks it up in pre-season and Printers shines, those roles could easily reverse. A strong pre-season performance by Printers will also put him on the radar of other teams looking for QB depth. I know there are people here who are just dying for Casey to fall on his face, but it hasn't happened yet...
"Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever."
squishy35
Legend

....and I am NOT one of them. Good luck Casey.
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

Lionut wrote:Don't be so sure about that. Kansas City has hitched their wagon this year to 34 year old Damon Huard, a pretty pedestrian career backup. Behind him, there is Brody Croyle and Casey Printers, both second year pros now. No doubt that Croyle has favourite son status at the moment within the Chiefs organization, but things can change in an instant in the NFL. If Croyle stinks it up in pre-season and Printers shines, those roles could easily reverse. A strong pre-season performance by Printers will also put him on the radar of other teams looking for QB depth. I know there are people here who are just dying for Casey to fall on his face, but it hasn't happened yet...
The scuttlebutt I've heard out of KC is that the wagon is being hitched to Croyle. Indications I've read are that the starting job is his to lose. Whether that holds through camp or if the mini-camps have changed anything is another story but for now it sounds like Croyle is 1A, Huard 1B and Printers 3.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
Ravi
Legend

Hambone wrote:
Lionut wrote:Don't be so sure about that. Kansas City has hitched their wagon this year to 34 year old Damon Huard, a pretty pedestrian career backup. Behind him, there is Brody Croyle and Casey Printers, both second year pros now. No doubt that Croyle has favourite son status at the moment within the Chiefs organization, but things can change in an instant in the NFL. If Croyle stinks it up in pre-season and Printers shines, those roles could easily reverse. A strong pre-season performance by Printers will also put him on the radar of other teams looking for QB depth. I know there are people here who are just dying for Casey to fall on his face, but it hasn't happened yet...
The scuttlebutt I've heard out of KC is that the wagon is being hitched to Croyle. Indications I've read are that the starting job is his to lose. Whether that holds through camp or if the mini-camps have changed anything is another story but for now it sounds like Croyle is 1A, Huard 1B and Printers 3.
I don't imagine that they are just handing over the #3 job to Casey either. I am sure that there will be at least one or two QBs brought in to compete with him for that job.
Lionut
Hall of Famer

KC has brought in a couple of undrafted free agents to act as training camp arms, but no one expects either of them to stick.
"Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever."
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

Moved to All Sports, which encompasses the NFL as well. 8)
Real women wear orange!!
Tighthead
Legend

If Omar Jacobs shows well, he could bump Casey. I am not sure if he has done anything in Europe. They may also want a more veteran presence, instead of Huard and two relative greenhorns. If they are fully satisfied that Croyle can be the man in the near future, Casey could be let go.

I hope he shows well and gives the Chiefs every reason to keep him.
nelson95
Legend

Heres hoping he performs better this upcoming preseason
Give the ball to LeeRoy!
Sniper1

Casey started out as 4th on the BC Lions depth chart as a rookie, before that he started out No.3 with TCU as a true freshman...
He is grown comfortable with earning his strips...For all the people that want to see him fail, keep on hating, I think that adds even
more fuel to his fire and passion for success....there is a lot of fight in Casey, trust me!!!

Thanks for all of the thoughts good and bad ones.
Go Grey Cup Champion Lions!!!
Lionheart
Hall of Famer

squishy35 wrote:....and I am NOT one of them. Good luck Casey.
I am.

It's not because I hate him, or hate his agent. I actually like him and I like him alot. I have zero empathy for the KC football fan and could give a rats ass about wether they get to see his athleticism or not. What I care about is the CFL, and the CFL is better with a Casey Printers in it than without. He adds excitement, and more marketability. I don't feel the need to get all giddy over another CFL star making it in the states.

Go Croyle or Huard or whomever. :yes:
Rammer
Team Captain

Lionheart wrote:
squishy35 wrote:....and I am NOT one of them. Good luck Casey.
I am.

It's not because I hate him, or hate his agent. I actually like him and I like him alot. I have zero empathy for the KC football fan and could give a rats ass about wether they get to see his athleticism or not. What I care about is the CFL, and the CFL is better with a Casey Printers in it than without. He adds excitement, and more marketability. I don't feel the need to get all giddy over another CFL star making it in the states.

Go Croyle or Huard or whomever. :yes:
CP as an Argo would add a lot of spice to the CFL throughout the league. If the CFL sees CP once again, the best part will be that he will be here for good and most of the difficult circumstances surrounding him wouldn't be part in part of the CP persona anymore.
Entertainment value = an all time low
smphantom
Legend

Sniper1 wrote:Casey started out as 4th on the BC Lions depth chart as a rookie, before that he started out No.3 with TCU as a true freshman...
He is grown comfortable with earning his strips...For all the people that want to see him fail, keep on hating, I think that adds even
more fuel to his fire and passion for success....there is a lot of fight in Casey, trust me!!!

Is that you Casey???
Stay thirsty my friends.
West Coast Blue Fan
Legend

smphantom wrote:
Sniper1 wrote:Casey started out as 4th on the BC Lions depth chart as a rookie, before that he started out No.3 with TCU as a true freshman...

Is that you Casey???
If it is, and you can't stick with the Chiefs........and if BC is out, then please, for the love of God....sign with with the Bombers. :cr:
I'd love you to say it to my face because you'd only say it once...if you ever had the courage to say it at all!! Blitz, 05/24/2008