Got em, Need em, Find em, Get em!

Moderator: Team Captains

Ballistic Bob
Legend

Check out who is on the cover. Im getting one. BB

http://www.cfl.ca/index.php?module=page&id=18
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Yeah, it's usually either the previous year's Most Outstanding Player or a shot of the previous year's Grey Cup celebration that appears on the cover. I suppose the publishers felt that a scene of the Lions celebrating with a broken Grey Cup trophy wouldn't look very good, so they opted to show the MOP instead.

sj-roc
Hall of Famer

When did they start printing a separate rule book? I have the 94, 95 and 96 editions of FFR and those all have the rules included -- it only takes up a measly 17pp in the 96 ed. I'm guessing the rule book has much smaller pages and larger type to pad the page count! The gst is wrong on the order form, too -- 6%, not 7%, since last July 1 (prob just an incomplete update of last year's form).

OTOH, there is a $6 saving if you order FFR + rule book together and the resulting (sub)total cost of $30.95 (with no added shipping cost) isn't much greater than the cost of the old ones I have, inflation-adjusted.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
LFITQ
Team Captain

Well I must be blind or the league doesn't have it's act together.

I can't see a way to order BOTH books on the same order form online. I click the "buy now" button and I can put in a n order for one book or the other, but I can't do both at the same time. Which also results in 2 shipping and handling charges.

I think I 'll wait for my local book store to stock it instead.
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
Ballistic Bob
Legend

LFITQ wrote:Well I must be blind or the league doesn't have it's act together.

I can't see a way to order BOTH books on the same order form online. I click the "buy now" button and I can put in a n order for one book or the other, but I can't do both at the same time. Which also results in 2 shipping and handling charges.

I think I 'll wait for my local book store to stock it instead.
If you scroll down their is a bundle you can pay with Paypal or print off an order form. The bundle wasnt available til today. Thats where your savings are. BB
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

sj-roc wrote:When did they start printing a separate rule book? I have the 94, 95 and 96 editions of FFR and those all have the rules included -- it only takes up a measly 17pp in the 96 ed. I'm guessing the rule book has much smaller pages and larger type to pad the page count! The gst is wrong on the order form, too -- 6%, not 7%, since last July 1 (prob just an incomplete update of last year's form).

OTOH, there is a $6 saving if you order FFR + rule book together and the resulting (sub)total cost of $30.95 (with no added shipping cost) isn't much greater than the cost of the old ones I have, inflation-adjusted.
Except for 1987 I have them all from the first FFR in 1985 thru 2006. Looks like 1996 was the last year they included the rule book.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

Hambone wrote:
sj-roc wrote:When did they start printing a separate rule book? I have the 94, 95 and 96 editions of FFR and those all have the rules included -- it only takes up a measly 17pp in the 96 ed.
Except for 1987 I have them all from the first FFR in 1985 thru 2006. Looks like 1996 was the last year they included the rule book.
Ah, interesting... I recall skimming the then-new 97 edition in a bookstore and not being impressed with it compared to the previous three... :thdn: that's prob why I stopped buying it... that also may be when they changed the layout to have boxed tables for the stats -- way too busy (and Excel-ish looking) with all those h/v grid lines...
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.