Fan Fest June 9th

Buy or Sell Tickets (non profit) Info about the BC Lions in the Community and where Lions fans gather for events like tailgaters

Moderator: Team Captains

Ballistic Bob
Legend

sports & stuff----ric wrote:i will be there !
hi Rick If not too much trouble could you bring along some Lion merchandise. Thnx Bob
sports & stuff----ric
Champion

hi i dont mind bringing some stuff to fan fest, but would prefer if people let me know what you want, New lions hats and tees are do in next week or so , i will have it on the website to view as soon as possible. Let me know and i will bring!!
LFITQ
Team Captain

Rammer, I don't know where you got your info from, but I thought Fanfest was pretty good.

The scrimmage was pretty much what we expected and similar to past years. I thought there was actually more to do at last year's fanfest than previous years as the City of Abbotsford also did some stuff.

No we couldn't pick up our Season Tickets last year, but that was minor IMHO as the lineup when it was in the Dome was horrendous.

Plus you can't forget that we could tailgate right there too, so it was go check out somethings in the fanfest, hed back out to the tailgate and talk to some folks, go back in. Never was really bored. And it was just me and Shaelyn last year. This year Shannon and Kaleigh are coming too. I am also going to be bringing my 7 yr old nephew who just finished his first season of minor football.

Like OS99 said, other than the low turnout of the regulars from this board it was a good time. Besides, it's the only time I can get down this time and with it being on Saturday (which works good for just fanfest I must add!!!) I won't be able to see much of the practices this year (gotta head back the following Sunday morning).

Hopefully you will make the HUGE trek out to Abbotsford this year.... :rockin:
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
pinkfreud

Bosco wrote:
pinkfreud wrote:Boo to in-laws being in town during Fan Fest!

:thdn:
Priorities, girl....priorities! Bring them to Abbotsford. :lol:
Or, I could escape and allow the rest of them to have some "alone time"...hmm.

:toss:
Ballistic Bob
Legend

pinkfreud wrote:
Bosco wrote:
pinkfreud wrote:Boo to in-laws being in town during Fan Fest!

:thdn:
Priorities, girl....priorities! Bring them to Abbotsford. :lol:
Or, I could escape and allow the rest of them to have some "alone time"...hmm.

:toss:
You could catch a ride with Jay. BB
LFITQ
Team Captain

I found a rough outline (nothing official) for the fanfest events on June 9th.

2-4pm Main Stage Entertainment and FanFest Activities:
- Interactive and Inflatable Fun Zone/ Games for all Ages
- Face Painting
- Live Entertainment
- Performances by the Felions Dance Team

3-4pm Players arrive for Autographs and Interactive Activities

4-4:30pm Players warm up on the field

4:30 - 5:45pm Practice

6:00pm Gates close.
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
Rammer
Team Captain

LFITQ wrote:I found a rough outline (nothing official) for the fanfest events on June 9th.

- Face Painting
- Live Entertainment

I thought we found out that the practice was canceled in lieu of teh Grey Cup Dinner......??? So I am wondering if this is an old draft.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Yank In BC
Hall of Famer

Rammer wrote:
LFITQ wrote:I found a rough outline (nothing official) for the fanfest events on June 9th.

- Face Painting
- Live Entertainment

I thought we found out that the practice was canceled in lieu of teh Grey Cup Dinner......??? So I am wondering if this is an old draft.
The scrimmage was cancelled Rammer, which as we all know is a waste of a day FB wise. It will probably be a normal practice just held on the main field, which is better then the watching ST Kick off to one returner.... :sleep:
The funny thing is last year the monday practice after the sunday scrimmage they were hitting full speed with the 2nd stringers.
I have my head up my butt - 120db
Charlene

it says practice...not scrimmage! They have 2 practices a day...so this is probably just one of their practices.

Live entertainment...i'm scared to see what Abbotsford came up with this year lol.
Charlene

Err yeah...what Yank said :wink:
Rammer
Team Captain

Yank In BC wrote:
Rammer wrote:

- Face Painting
- Live Entertainment

The scrimmage was cancelled Rammer, which as we all know is a waste of a day FB wise. It will probably be a normal practice just held on the main field, which is better then the watching ST Kick off to one returner.... :sleep:
The funny thing is last year the monday practice after the sunday scrimmage they were hitting full speed with the 2nd stringers.
Agreed about the scrimmage alright. But I just clipped this from what Lowell Ullrich said and LFitQ posted, and can't see how the two differ...
Lowell Ullrich wrote:Coach Wally Buono agreed to give up a day of practice in order to hold a Grey Cup ring dinner June 3.

That is in regards to the fanfest scrimmage.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Charlene

No, it's not. It's in regards to practice on June 3rd...not June 9th :P
Shi Zi Mi
Hall of Famer

Rammer wrote:
Yank In BC wrote:
Rammer wrote:
Agreed about the scrimmage alright. But I just clipped this from what Lowell Ullrich said and LFitQ posted, and can't see how the two differ...
Lowell Ullrich wrote:Coach Wally Buono agreed to give up a day of practice in order to hold a Grey Cup ring dinner June 3.

That is in regards to the fanfest scrimmage.
I thought I read that camp was going to open a day later because of the GC ring dinner on June 3rd.......and that was the day WB was giving up...................cancelling the scrimmage makes up for that lost day of practice(s).
Lloyd
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Charlene wrote: Live entertainment...i'm scared to see what Abbotsford came up with this year lol.
Why ? What did they come up with last year ? :?
Charlene

I seem to remember Abbotsford's jump rope team being there :P They were really good...but it was a lame thing to have!