Canucks vs Anaheim

Discuss the NHL, NFL, CIS, NCAA, Lacrosse, Soccer, Baseball, Basketball, Motorsports, Golf, Rugby, Amateur Sport, Curling, Wrestling ... Whatever Sport or Leisure activity you like!

Moderator: Team Captains

How many games will it take for this series to end?

4 and the Canucks win
4%
5 and the Canucks win
No votes
6 and the Canucks win
12%
7 and the Canucks win
12%
4 and the Ducks win
19%
5 and the Ducks win
23%
6 and the Ducks win
31%
7 and the Ducks win
No votes

Total votes: 26
D
Team Captain

hey .... I am going to be out near the airport for the start of game 2 .... any decent pubs or sports bars in Richmond? South Van?
I own The Grey Cup! .com
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

D wrote:hey .... I am going to be out near the airport for the start of game 2 .... any decent pubs or sports bars in Richmond? South Van?
Derek there's a not bad pub in the Coast Airport Inn on SW Marine Drive. I overnighted there a week ago Sunday enroute to Portland. It used to be called the Marpole Flying Club but has been remodelled and carries a new name. Lots of TVs in there. The Coast Airport is right around the foot of Oak and makes for very quick access to the airport if that's where you're heading. You can pull out from in front of their lobby and you're right onto the Arthur Laing bridge headed for the airport. If you're driving westbound on SW Marine from Cambie it's on the right immediately after you go under the Oak St. Bridge.

There's also a pub on the river side of the road near the South Terminal. I can't remember the name and have never been in it. Flying Beaver or something like that; some name related to float planes.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
Canuck_4_Life
Hall of Famer

Sammy J's on No 3 Road/Lansdowne (right beside Cactus Club).
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

Foggy Dew just north of Richmond Ctr?
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
West Coast Blue Fan
Legend

Looks like the bandwagon has a lot more empty seats....D, I'm keeping yours warm.

:beer:
I'd love you to say it to my face because you'd only say it once...if you ever had the courage to say it at all!! Blitz, 05/24/2008
nelson95
Legend

sweep
Give the ball to LeeRoy!
Lionheart
Hall of Famer

My prediction was clucks in 6. That outcome last night was worse than expected, but I also didn't expect another two guys out and no practice time.

What was interesting though was all the ice and holes they gave us. I mean I haven't seen so much open ice (in front of giguere) since my last trip Mount Waddington. They are a great team but sure have a serious weekness. As tired as the Canucks were last night on a better night could have had 5 goals easy... But man Nazzy where is your confidence? That attempt was brutal.
pinkfreud

Hambone wrote:
D wrote:hey .... I am going to be out near the airport for the start of game 2 .... any decent pubs or sports bars in Richmond? South Van?
Derek there's a not bad pub in the Coast Airport Inn on SW Marine Drive. I overnighted there a week ago Sunday enroute to Portland. It used to be called the Marpole Flying Club but has been remodelled and carries a new name. Lots of TVs in there. The Coast Airport is right around the foot of Oak and makes for very quick access to the airport if that's where you're heading. You can pull out from in front of their lobby and you're right onto the Arthur Laing bridge headed for the airport. If you're driving westbound on SW Marine from Cambie it's on the right immediately after you go under the Oak St. Bridge.
That's Hudson's Landing. O'Shea and I have frequented that place a couple of times as it's by where we live. It's quite nice. Has a cozy fireplace too.
D
Team Captain

West Coast Blue Fan wrote:Looks like the bandwagon has a lot more empty seats....D, I'm keeping yours warm.

:beer:
I haven't left my seat and won't until the bus comes to a complete stop. At the same time I think the Ducks will win based on Niedermeyer and Pronger .... but that doesn't mean I have swapped the white towel for a white flag :wink:
I own The Grey Cup! .com
LFITQ
Team Captain

Flying Beaver ain't a bad pub. Had quite a few wobbly pops there while catching up with an old buddy.

Unfortunately we weren't there to watch TV so I can't recall the number of TV's and the viewing ability of them.

I do know it was a great little pub with some great decor. But I'm not sure if I would put my money on it for having a great view of TV's for the game.

There's supposed to be a good sports bar just off #3 somewhere around Richmond Centre I think. But I haven't found/been to it yet. Canuck 4Life will probably have a better idea ...
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??