Alec Baldwin "message"

Must be 18 to enter! Talk about anything but Football

Moderator: Team Captains

Rammer
Team Captain

Sends his 11 year old daughter a late night tirade caught on tape....

Click Here
Entertainment value = an all time low
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

What a jerk ! :thdn: What kind of "illness" is he going to attribute his outburst to ? :sigh:
Rammer
Team Captain

Six years of battling with Basinger over the rights he has to his child....which don't look to be getting any better with this latest outburst.
Entertainment value = an all time low
MacNews
Team Captain

Rammer wrote:Six years of battling with Basinger over the rights he has to his child....which don't look to be getting any better with this latest outburst.
That's an awful message to leave to anyone, let alone your own daughter!!

If he wants joint-custody there's zero-chance he's going to get it after this outburst.

However I feel for his frustration, its tough for Dads to get custody as the judges usually go de facto to the mother.
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

I'd like to know whose idea it was to air family dirty laundry in public; or who has an axe to grind here?
Last edited by Solar Max on Sun Apr 22, 2007 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
MacNews
Team Captain

Solar Max wrote:I'd like to know who's idea it was to air family dirty laundry in public; or who has an axe to grind here?
Probably someone wanting to make some quick $$.
D
Team Captain

His ex wife's (Kim Basinger) lawyer released it to the media .... they are in a child custody battle and appear to be putting the child in the middle of it :thdn:
I own The Grey Cup! .com
Tighthead
Legend

I have a front row seat for many of these battles, and people's emotions force them to say and do things they quickly regret.
pinkfreud

He's out of control.

"You make me feel like ****."

An almost 50 year old man who feels that powerless over the actions of a 12 year old child has bigger problems to worry about than a custody battle.
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

I agree that his anger is out of control but there are legions of parents who have felt/feel powerless in regards to their kids. His big mistake here was allowing his anger to dictate his actions, not that he necessarily feels that way. Releasing this information to the public doesn't say much for the other party either. Unless the lawyer was acting on his own initiative, then this move can only be interpreted as a means to try this case in the court of public opinion and injure the other party. Understandable perhaps, but not very considerate of the youth involved. It is very sad, when two successful, talented, affluent people can get together to make a life but not treat that life with the care and respect that is deserved.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
Soundy
Hall of Famer

Lionut wrote:In no way am I defending Baldwin's rageaholic behaviour, but his ex is no prize here either. Can you imagine leaking something like this to the media, and humiliating your daughter in the process, just to stick it to your ex-husband? Now that people are getting over the shock of Alec's outburst, some of the muck is splattering back on his ex-wife, as well it should.
Then again, the one time I saw this on the news, it was suggested that it was actually the DAUGHTER who released the recording to the media.

Nice way to say, F*** you, Daddy." :roll:
The daughter, of course, is caught completely in the middle, as she is rewarded emotionally by mom every time she annoys or snubs her father. The daughter becomes a surrogate for getting back at the ex-husband. He, in turn, launches an angry tirade at his daughter in order to get back at his ex-wife. Let's be honest -- it was his ex-wife who was the real target of that crazed outburst, and he used his child as a means to deliver it. The whole episode just has such a massive "ick" factor.
I dunno, ya hate the bring it down on kids, but with this kind of parenting, I'm sure the daughter is no prize personality either. Why do I imagine her receiving numerous similar voicemails from future boyfriends and ex-husbands?
Shi Zi Mi
Hall of Famer

Soundy wrote:
Lionut wrote:In no way am I defending Baldwin's rageaholic behaviour, but his ex is no prize here either. Can you imagine leaking something like this to the media, and humiliating your daughter in the process, just to stick it to your ex-husband? Now that people are getting over the shock of Alec's outburst, some of the muck is splattering back on his ex-wife, as well it should.
Then again, the one time I saw this on the news, it was suggested that it was actually the DAUGHTER who released the recording to the media.

The daughter, of course, is caught completely in the middle, as she is rewarded emotionally by mom every time she annoys or snubs her father. The daughter becomes a surrogate for getting back at the ex-husband. He, in turn, launches an angry tirade at his daughter in order to get back at his ex-wife. Let's be honest -- it was his ex-wife who was the real target of that crazed outburst, and he used his child as a means to deliver it. The whole episode just has such a massive "ick" factor.
I dunno, ya hate the bring it down on kids, but with this kind of parenting, I'm sure the daughter is no prize personality either. Why do I imagine her receiving numerous similar voicemails from future boyfriends and ex-husbands?
Young kids are nothing but pawns in these situations, wanting only ONE thing.........for mommy and daddy to be back together again. They don't want to take sides and they don't want mommy and daddy fighting.

So, Soundy, you're way off base on thinking a 11 or 12 year old would go to the media. If she was 16/17, I could see it happening as kids that age are a lot more vindictive about a split up of parents

In this case, the kid did what mommy wanted, she didn't answer her cell phone when daddy called.....daddy saw that as "taking mommy's side", hence the tirade. Mommy gets hold of the cell phone and releases the message to the media (even though there's a court order in place NOT to talk to the media about this).

Lionut is bang on........In a bad break up, the need to injure the other party supersedes the need to do what's best for the child.........and a child is the most powerful weapon you can use against the other parent.
Lloyd
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

Shi Zi Mi wrote:Lionut is bang on........In a bad break up, the need to injure the other party supersedes the need to do what's best for the child.........and a child is the most powerful weapon you can use against the other parent.
Bingo, Lloyd! Been to THAT party! (as the kid, not the parent)
Real women wear orange!!
Soundy
Hall of Famer

Shi Zi Mi wrote:
Soundy wrote:

Young kids are nothing but pawns in these situations, wanting only ONE thing.........for mommy and daddy to be back together again. They don't want to take sides and they don't want mommy and daddy fighting.

So, Soundy, you're way off base on thinking a 11 or 12 year old would go to the media. If she was 16/17, I could see it happening as kids that age are a lot more vindictive about a split up of parents
Normally I would agree with that, but with the girl having grown up in the whole farked-up Hollyweird environment, all bets are off. It sucks to think her mind could actually work like that, but in a case like this, it wouldn't surprise me in the least.

In this case, the kid did what mommy wanted, she didn't answer her cell phone when daddy called.....daddy saw that as "taking mommy's side", hence the tirade. Mommy gets hold of the cell phone and releases the message to the media (even though there's a court order in place NOT to talk to the media about this).

Lionut is bang on........In a bad break up, the need to injure the other party supersedes the need to do what's best for the child.........and a child is the most powerful weapon you can use against the other parent.[/quote]