Who's your second favorite team?

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

prairielion
Starter

This may sound like a stupid question, but it has me thinking. I like to think of it as the team the i dislike the least, because for me it's only the Lions. But I get tired of hearing that the Roughriders are every other city's fans second favorite team. I am from Saskatchewan and i can not stand to see the Riders win. I go to Regina every time the Lions are there and the so called best fans in the league make me sick. And then when you listen to the post game call in show on the radio after the game, they are either the greatest team on earth or they should all be fired or traded. So I guess I'm wondering if it is true what they say about the Riders being everyones second favorite. Because for me, if the Lions are beat out, then it is anyone but the Riders.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

No such thing as a second favourite team ! I've supported them for several decades and will continue to do so.
Rammer
Team Captain

When you can rent them like a mule, you have to enjoy playing the Als for any large game these days. Of course the Riders helping the Lions secure many playoff spots during the decades also lends them to being a Lionbacker favourite.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

Yeah, I gotta think the Als. With players like Calvillo and Cahoon, they would be my 2nd team. Coupled of course with the rented mule factor.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

Well, not Saskatchewan. Better leave it at that. :wink:
lion24
Legend

the bombers for me as i grew up watching a lot of games with my dad(who is a big bomber fan) and my girlfriend is a bomber fan. however, i had to watch the tape of the 1988 grey cup enough when i was at home so i hope the lions repeat against the bombers this year and i can play the game over and over for my dad :lol: :lol: i am similar to prairielion in that i have a hard time liking the eskimos as i live in edmonton and have to hear about the all the time :x :x
Thank you for everything you did for OUR Lions Mr.Ackles, we will never forget you...RIP
Tighthead
Legend

Nobody. I have one CFL team, one NFL team, one NHL team. After that, teams get ranked by how much or little burning hatred I can muster for them.
Lionheart
Hall of Famer

Hamilton.

Saskatchewan is just a ____ hair above the Eskishmoes at the bottom of the pile.

Although no matter how many people do not pick the riders, I'm sure their myth will live on.
rickhale
Starter

After the Lions they are all LOSERS!!!!!!!!! Hear that Edmonton!!!!!!! :yes: :roar: :wink:
Pretty girls make us buy beer.
Ugly girls make us drink beer.
Al Bundy 1988
bbang
Starter

Lions or nobody. How bout' a thread on most hated team. I'm sure the stinkin' eskimos would easily win out on that one. my hatred for all things eskimo runs deep and i am proudly passing on my hatred and utter distaste for that organization to my 5 year old son.
"My job is to kick your ass " - Wally Buono
smphantom
Legend

Montreal
Stay thirsty my friends.
bbgirl
Legend

The Lions. Muaha!
nelson95
Legend

Used to be Hamilton til the Maas "trade"

Now Montreal seeing the Don is gone. Love that town even more than Vancouver
Give the ball to LeeRoy!
Lions_Fan_4_Life
Legend

Argos (who's their rival? That's why)
"I hope he enjoys Stornoway and I hope he's happy there for a long time"

-Prime Minister Harper on new Liberal Leader St?phane Dion
lion24
Legend

bbang wrote:Lions or nobody. How bout' a thread on most hated team. I'm sure the stinkin' eskimos would easily win out on that one. my hatred for all things eskimo runs deep and i am proudly passing on my hatred and utter distaste for that organization to my 5 year old son.
wow, and i thought i was an eskimo basher :lol: :lol:
Thank you for everything you did for OUR Lions Mr.Ackles, we will never forget you...RIP