How Long Will the New Commish Last?

Discuss the NHL, NFL, CIS, NCAA, Lacrosse, Soccer, Baseball, Basketball, Motorsports, Golf, Rugby, Amateur Sport, Curling, Wrestling ... Whatever Sport or Leisure activity you like!

Moderator: Team Captains

How Long Will the New Commish Last

1-2 years
32%
3-4 years
37%
5-7 years
32%
6 Months, if he's lucky
No votes

Total votes: 19
maddeep73
Champion

Poor track record for this league I'm afraid. 2 years seems about right.
Keepin' it real
lion24
Legend

maddeep73 wrote:Poor track record for this league I'm afraid. 2-3 years seems about right.
:whs: as much as i would like to be more positive it seems that the position is and has been a "revolving" door whether indifference by the owners or the ineptitude of the person in charge. I thought Tom Wright did a fairly good job but he was unable to help save the renegades and a couple of influential owners were not too enthralled with him.
Thank you for everything you did for OUR Lions Mr.Ackles, we will never forget you...RIP
Blue In BC
Hall of Famer

Until they decide to hire me.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

I heard he has a 5 year contract but who knows.

It is not a good job by any stretch of the imagination.

Dumping Tom Wright was the last of the Governors credibility in hiring a Commissioner.
Bosco
Team Captain

Blue In BC wrote:Until they decide to hire me.
Dale - if you can be good friends with Robert Wettenhall and David Braley, then methinks the job could be yours! :lol:
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

I voted for 5 years. The guy appears to be smart cookie and will have an iron clad guarantee contract. We'll see.....
maddeep73
Champion

iron clad guarantee contract.
Has this stopped the League from firing guys in the past? The B.O.G. has shown that if they are determined to make a change they're going to make it.
Keepin' it real
LFITQ
Team Captain

With this league can we event tell who will be the BOG in 5 years?? Who knows who Cohon has to work with over the duration of his contract ...
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
Shi Zi Mi
Hall of Famer

Having the support of ALL governors at the onset makes Cohon's position far better than Wright's. He will get the chance to prove himself without concern of reprisal because of any perceived immediate weakness/failure. He will get the benefit of the doubt for a while.......something Wright did not get. Wright=doomed to fail.

The fact he's 41, internet savvy and supplies the managerial link to the demographic that the CFL so badly cherishes (but has so badly missed the boat on) bodes very well for him.

I think he'll get at least the full extent of the initial 5 year contract.
Lloyd
Dan Russell
Legend

3 years tops if he keeps his mouth shut. Then they will buy him out on his final 2 years.
notahomer
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:I voted for 5 years. The guy appears to be smart cookie and will have an iron clad guarantee contract. We'll see.....
Pretty much my thoughts too! I saw him being interviewed (he was dodgy on a few questions-'I don't start officially until April 16')
but I liked what I heard. The thing I liked the most is he gave Wright a lot of positive feedback! Also he was smart enough to demand a five year crack at the job. The BOG is paying for five years so unless he's a complete failure, I'm thinking he's got at least five years.
Dan Russell
Legend

When Cohen was asked if he was in fact an zookeeper once. He was he replied. He said it may come in handy when dealing with the BOG. Funny comment but I don't know if he wants to say that before his foot is in the door.