Canucks 2007-08 uniforms

Discuss the NHL, NFL, CIS, NCAA, Lacrosse, Soccer, Baseball, Basketball, Motorsports, Golf, Rugby, Amateur Sport, Curling, Wrestling ... Whatever Sport or Leisure activity you like!

Moderator: Team Captains

SammyGreene
Team Captain

Will apparently be introduced next season. Goodbye orca and hello Johnny Canuck.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

They interviewed the president of the Canucks this evening on Global. He said the Orca will be part of the new uniform. Time will tell.
Lionheart
Hall of Famer

The logo will not be changed. The Orca stays! :thup:

Those mock ups you have are just someone's imagination.
Blue In BC
Hall of Famer

It's a 3rd or 4th jersey I suspect.

Put another way, it's a revenue generator.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Blue In BC wrote: Put another way, it's a revenue generator.
Exactly, just a money maker
Lionheart
Hall of Famer

Blue In BC wrote:It's a 3rd or 4th jersey I suspect.
No blue, they are not. The Canucks are getting new No. 1 unis for next year. There may not be a third... but the ones above are not it.
Rammer
Team Captain

TheLionKing wrote:
Blue In BC wrote: Put another way, it's a revenue generator.
Exactly, just a money maker
I tend to side with Lionheart on this subject, this is a fan's rendition of what the Canucks uniforms could look like. I would guess that the Canucks wouldn't use this now if they were considering it even.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Rookie

Fan's imagination. They said that on a couple of sport reports on TV that those pictures were just a fans renderings. Nothing more. The NHL wants to do away with the third jerseys. Another reason why they have the darks for home beacuse the third jerseys were mostly dark and so travelling teams would have to carry with them both sets of uniforms. A major pain in the butt for the equipment managers.

I don't like the dark jerseys with the different logos. I'd rather have the dame logo for both. On a side note, I'd rather have the home jerseys as white.

My personal favourite are the old skate logos... Hard to copy as a kid though.
Lionut
Hall of Famer

Why would the league want to do away with the thirds? It's been a great way for them to make cash, errr, I mean give fans different looks for their favourite teams. :roll:

I find myself wishing the Canucks would just find one consistent look, then stick with it. The best uniforms in sports are the ones that stay consistent, i.e. the Habs and Red Wings in the NHL, NY Yankees, Green Bay Packers, etc. I hope this uniform change is the last, but somehow I doubt it.
"Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever."
Rammer
Team Captain

Global news reported this morning that the jersey's were a fan's rendering. Pretty good if you have to go to the lengths of the news making it known that the Canucks aren't using this for an alternate uniform.
Lionheart
Hall of Famer

It seems the NHL is now under the spell of the great evil, the one who brought us piping madness from hell. (see CFL) Why a new cut needs a new uni I'm not sure but maybe the Canucks are one of the few who will do a change. Some teams have already made the escape from what I call the "dark ages' (when everybody went black!) Oh how I lust for the days of the NorthStars.

The new owner here is keeping the logo, but I think wants to make a splash with changing colours somewhat. I suspect more of the original greens and blues...Oh, and to appease our leader here, Johnny will be on the shoulder just to help check the snot outta them hated Minny Mild.
David
Team Captain

Lionut wrote:I find myself wishing the Canucks would just find one consistent look, then stick with it. The best uniforms in sports are the ones that stay consistent, i.e. the Habs and Red Wings in the NHL, NY Yankees, Green Bay Packers, etc. I hope this uniform change is the last, but somehow I doubt it.
I don't get it either Lionut. It seems that both our local teams are on a mission to alter their look every 6 years or so (although in fairness, the Lions haven't drastically re-designed their colour scheme or their logo). Here's a novel concept, how about "choose one design and stick with it?" It's absurd to look around GM Place and see fans wearing 3 distinctly different jerseys colours all cheering for the same team.

For the life of me, I don't know why the Canucks don't play every game in their 1970's blue w/green and white trim and white w/blue and green trim uniforms with the simple yet effective hockey stick in rink logo (which, if you look closely, is actually a stylized "C"). To me it's a classy, "less is more" look that fits in perfectly with the uniforms of the original 6 teams. And if retail sales are anything to go by - and they should - I see many more people in my part of town sporting that logo on licensed apparel than the Orca (and the team hardly ever plays in that design).

DH 8)
Roar, You Lions, Roar
Rammer
Team Captain

David wrote:
Lionut wrote:I find myself wishing the Canucks would just find one consistent look, then stick with it. The best uniforms in sports are the ones that stay consistent, i.e. the Habs and Red Wings in the NHL, NY Yankees, Green Bay Packers, etc. I hope this uniform change is the last, but somehow I doubt it.
I don't get it either Lionut. It seems that both our local teams are on a mission to alter their look every 6 years or so (although in fairness, the Lions haven't drastically re-designed their colour scheme or their logo). Here's a novel concept, how about "choose one design and stick with it?" It's absurd to look around GM Place and see fans wearing 3 distinctly different jerseys colours all cheering for the same team.

For the life of me, I don't know why the Canucks don't play every game in their 1970's blue w/green and white trim and white w/blue and green trim uniforms with the simple yet effective hockey stick in rink logo (which, if you look closely, is actually a stylized "C"). To me it's a classy, "less is more" look that fits in perfectly with the uniforms of the original 6 teams. And if retail sales are anything to go by - and they should - I see many more people in my part of town sporting that logo on licensed apparel than the Orca (and the team hardly ever plays in that design).

DH 8)
The team hardly plays in the Orca design directly affects the net sales, it is kind of a chicken and egg concept, but one that the Canucks are following or being followed on. Just glad that the haven't gone back to trying the flying V orange/black uniforms, that was up there with the worst ever.

Love the 70's blue/green and white trim uniforms, the best of the many the Canucks have worn over the years.
Lionut
Hall of Famer

It's funny how the green and blue unis are so beloved now, because at the time both the colour scheme (too timid and boring) and the logo (ditto) were widely panned around the NHL. That hockey stick inside the rink logo is still a bit of a Rorschach test for me -- I simply don't see the letter "C" when I look at it, but I know that others do...
"Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever."
Robbie
Hall of Famer

A look into the past of all the various uniforms the Vancouver Canucks have had in their history. This includes the third uniforms that they used during certain seasons. One can only wonder if they are to introduce a new uniform for next season, what the colour scheme and the logo will be like.

1970 - 1978

1978 - 1985

1985 - 1989

1989 - 1997

1997 - Present