Which would you rather win?

Discuss the NHL, NFL, CIS, NCAA, Lacrosse, Soccer, Baseball, Basketball, Motorsports, Golf, Rugby, Amateur Sport, Curling, Wrestling ... Whatever Sport or Leisure activity you like!

Moderator: Team Captains

Grey Cup or Stanley Cup?

Grey Cup
56%
Stanley Cup
44%

Total votes: 32
lion24
Legend

LFITQ wrote:Put me in the running for Grey Cup.

Stanley's mug just doesn't bring me out as much. I will watch the playoffs until there are no Canadian-based Teams in it and I will cheer on the Canucks, but if it were up to me I would gladly see the Canucks continue to lose and the Lions continue to win.

As for difficulty in winning, one thing that seems interesting to me is the number of teams (modern era) that seem to be able to win the Stanley Cup versus the lack of repeat winners for the Grey Cup. I think FA and the latest trend of "renting" players in the NHL has made for greater opportunity for different teams to win the Stanley Cup. Whereas in the CFL, history seems to sees fewer key player movement amongst smaller teams, thus making it more difficult for teams to "breakthrough".
yikes!! glad you said it. although i feel pretty much the same way although i am not a die hard fan of any hockey team like i am the lions. i am sure there are many lionbackers who probably are as big if not bigger canuck fans who probably feel much different and i can understand their points of view on a stanley cup being more important. i am fairly confident that here, in edmonton, the fans would choose stanley cup, although i think a lot of the fans have become jaded with all the stanley and grey cups that feel it is the devine right of both teams to win every year!! :twisted: :twisted:
Thank you for everything you did for OUR Lions Mr.Ackles, we will never forget you...RIP
Lionheart
Hall of Famer

:thup:
Last edited by Lionheart on Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lionheart
Hall of Famer

Yellow, green what's the difference. I must be drinkin' bad vodka. lol
bbgirl
Legend

Lionheart wrote:Yellow, green what's the difference. I must be drinkin' bad vodka. lol
You're such a lush, Rob. :roll:
Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

Football is my favourite sport, the CFL is my favourite league, the Lions are my favourite team. But I voted Stanley Cup because we are talking just this year. I've been around for all but one of the Lions' Grey Cup victories but I'd love to experience a Canuck Stanley Cup championship at least once in my life.

However, if the question was "Would you trade the 2006 Grey Cup for a 2007 Stanley Cup?" my answer would be NO BLOODY WAY!
lion24
Legend

Belize City Lion wrote:Football is my favourite sport, the CFL is my favourite league, the Lions are my favourite team. But I voted Stanley Cup because we are talking just this year. I've been around for all but one of the Lions' Grey Cup victories but I'd love to experience a Canuck Stanley Cup championship at least once in my life.

However, if the question was "Would you trade the 2006 Grey Cup for a 2007 Stanley Cup?" my answer would be NO BLOODY WAY!

i would agree 100%!! :thup: :thup:
Thank you for everything you did for OUR Lions Mr.Ackles, we will never forget you...RIP