Bob Ackles' book - The Water Boy

Got em, Need em, Find em, Get em!

Moderator: Team Captains

Robbie
Hall of Famer

Although I don't think Lions fans will be lining up outside bookstores like what everyone around the world will be doing for the seventh and last Harry Potter book, I'm sure many of us will be looking forward to the new book that Bob Ackles will be writing. Ackles has signed a publishing contract with John Wiley Publishers (Toronto) for his memoir entitled THE WATER BOY which will cover his 50 years in professional football. The memoir will be written with Ian Mulgrew, an award-winning journalist, author of six books, and columnist with the Vancouver Sun. The book will be published in early September in hardcover.

http://www.bclions.com/index.php?module ... &nid=15498
Gerry
Legend

I'll buy that. Should be very interesting.
Enough is enough.
Willie_the_wisp
Rookie

I'll buy it too. I bet Bob Ackles has hundreds of interesting stories to tell. He was there to witness the birth of the Lions.
A long time CFL fan
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

LFITQ
Team Captain

Now that is a book that will be a prize to have in my collection.
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
giwiens
Starter
Location: you can know where I was or my direction of travel but not both

As soon as a saw the article on BCLions.com I informed my wife that it was on my 'gift request' list.
Roar Lions Roar
Robbie
Hall of Famer

You can now preorder this book on the Chapters web page:

http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/books/The ... -item.html

The list price is $32.99 and you can get it at Chapters for $21.77, which seems to be a great deal for a hardcover, 320-page book.
sports & stuff----ric
Champion

HI, BOBBY ACKLES WILL BE SIGNING HIS BOOK AT SPORTS & STUFF GRAND RE-OPENING OCT 7TH FROM 12 TO 2. PLAYERS WILL FOLLOW FROM 2 TO 4.

YOU CAN PRE ORDER A BOOK FROM ME FOR THE SPECIAL $21.77 PRICE AND PICK IT UP THAT DAY IF YOU WISH!

PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU WOULD LIKE ONE ASAP, AS I NEED TO KNOW ROUGHLY HOW MANY I NEED.

A MUST HAVE FOR CFL FANS!
Ballistic Bob
Legend

Hi Rick Im down for 1. Just include that with the scowl. Thnx BB
Wear orange or wear nothing
MacNews
Team Captain

Hi Rick I will have one as well please.
smphantom
Legend

Yes please, Rick. :thup:
Stay thirsty my friends.
AC/DC Rocks
Champion

Put me down for 1
thanks Rick
Bighill is Badass
hexx

Amazon is taking pre-orders for Jim Taylor's biography of Matt Dunigan: Goin' Deep: The Life and Times of a CFL Quarterback
Bosco
Team Captain

hexx wrote:Amazon is taking pre-orders for Jim Taylor's biography of Matt Dunigan: Goin' Deep: The Life and Times of a CFL Quarterback
Dunigan's book should also be a good read - as he details the after effects of multiple concussions that forced him to retire in 1996.
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Bosco wrote:
hexx wrote:Amazon is taking pre-orders for Jim Taylor's biography of Matt Dunigan: Goin' Deep: The Life and Times of a CFL Quarterback
Dunigan's book should also be a good read - as he details the after effects of multiple concussions that forced him to retire in 1996.
I'm curious as to what Dunigan has to say about the 1988 Grey Cup. He will probably say it was the lowest point in his career, with the 1986 Grey Cup being a close second. The 1991 Grey Cup and the 713-yard passing game in 1994 must be the highlights of his memoirs, while his first Grey Cup win in 1987 must have been bittersweet.