New Year's Eve 2006/2007

Must be 18 to enter! Talk about anything but Football

Moderator: Team Captains

pinkfreud

Any word on where to go for New Year's Eve this year? It must be time to start thinking about such things.
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Well, there's always the First Night celebration IF the city is holding it.

Since 9/11, many American cities of canceled that celebration.

Vancouver canceled it last year. I don't know if it will be held this year. So far, the web site doesn't list any details.

http://www.firstnightvancouver.ca/
Canuck_4_Life
Hall of Famer

It's looking like a relatively quiet NY Eve for me and my gf. It doesn't look like my friend is throwing his massive house party which he's done in the past.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

The police will probably veto First Night because it could be too much fun. :sigh:
bbgirl
Legend

I'd be heading to the Red Robinson Show Theatre for the 54-40 and Chilliwack New Years Eve show if I had money to spare. :sigh: You even get champagne at midnight. Sounds like fun.
Bosco
Team Captain

pinkfreud wrote:Any word on where to go for New Year's Eve this year? It must be time to start thinking about such things.
I thought we had talked Rob into having a midnight roofgaiter? :juggle:
OrangeShoes99
Hall of Famer

Iris will be a few weeks past surgery, so it may be a quiet one for us this year.
http://www.cflfansfightcancer.com :: Ask me how you can help us raise money for Cancer research and treatment on behalf of CFL fans.
Lionut
Hall of Famer

New Year's Eve has to be the most overrated night of the year. Going out is next to pointless, as all the parties are ridiculously overpriced and extremely lame. The atmosphere of forced revelry is something I have always hated, to be blunt. The best ones I have ever had were "quiet" ones spent with a small group of friends, something that is hardly unique to New Year's Eve.

I did have some fun on New Year's Eve '99, though, on the eve of "Y2K". I was in New Brunswick at the in-laws, and when midnight hit in Atlantic Canada I phoned some of my colleagues in the rest of Canada, telling them that all the lights had gone out and that there was chaos in the streets. For a few seconds, they actually believed me. :twisted:
"Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever."
OrangeShoes99
Hall of Famer

Lionut wrote:New Year's Eve has to be the most overrated night of the year. Going out is next to pointless, as all the parties are ridiculously overpriced and extremely lame. The atmosphere of forced revelry is something I have always hated, to be blunt. The best ones I have ever had were "quiet" ones spent with a small group of friends, something that is hardly unique to New Year's Eve.

I did have some fun on New Year's Eve '99, though, on the eve of "Y2K". I was in New Brunswick at the in-laws, and when midnight hit in Atlantic Canada I phoned some of my colleagues in the rest of Canada, telling them that all the lights had gone out and that there was chaos in the streets. For a few seconds, they actually believed me. :twisted:
I agree Dennis. New Years is the best at a small party amongst friends. I never got the idea of spending 100 bucks a ticket to go party with a bunch of people you don't know.

That said, it is not overrated, cause New Years Day is my birthday, and I get two parties in one... :thup:
http://www.cflfansfightcancer.com :: Ask me how you can help us raise money for Cancer research and treatment on behalf of CFL fans.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Lionut wrote:New Year's Eve has to be the most overrated night of the year. Going out is next to pointless, as all the parties are ridiculously overpriced and extremely lame. The atmosphere of forced revelry is something I have always hated, to be blunt. The best ones I have ever had were "quiet" ones spent with a small group of friends, something that is hardly unique to New Year's Eve.
Couldn't agree more. One last chance for the merchants to rip you off !
pinkfreud

Ya, we usually go to either my girlfriend's place (until she had a child) or the Atlantic Trap & Gill on Seymour and Davie (fun maritime place, only about $25-30). My birthday's on the 2nd so I usually like to do something. I don't like forking out big bucks either to hang out with people I don't know.
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

I just stay home and go to bed before midnight...yawn
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
O'Shea

I think I'm going to stay home, hang with the cats and stare at my wonderfully beautiful Christmas Tree :yes: Dislike Christmas, but love the whole tree concept.

Oh... and probably cook up a nice little surf/turf meal with wine pairing, followed by marinated strawberries, served with vanilla infused marscapone and a balsamic/red wine reduction sauce and Champagne for midnight (TG for 1/2 bottles).
bbgirl
Legend

OrangeShoes99 wrote: That said, it is not overrated, cause New Years Day is my birthday, and I get two parties in one... :thup:
January babies are the coolest of the cool, and I don't mean because it's in the Winter. :wink: :yes:
bbgirl
Legend

Shelling out the big bucks for a party isn't my idea of fun. The concert thing is right up my alley though.
My other top choice would be a house party/gathering with friends.