ATTENDANCE THREAD FOR WESTERN FINAL

Buy or Sell Tickets (non profit) Info about the BC Lions in the Community and where Lions fans gather for events like tailgaters

Moderator: Team Captains

Dan Russell
Legend

Braley has said that he is going to purchase the rights to this game, a real no brainer as anything over 35K is profit. He should see at least 10K over that, IMO.
Definately that is a major move that must be completed with virtually no chance of losing money.
Lionheart
Hall of Famer

chimpy wrote:I think we will be lucky to get 35000.00 just because i know there is going to be no interest in this game by anybody because ever since 1040 has taken over the canucks, the lions talk has reduced about 80%, Canucks lunch is a big killer for them, i don't know why Bob Ackles does not *beeotch* to 1040 about this, or he is going to retire after next year and does not care.

Te lions neeeeeeeeeeeeeeed a smaller stadium despertaly, as soon as they get one and start selling it out every week there will not be this talk of bad attedance any more infact i think the lions demand for tickets would be huge, and all the talk would not be about the canucks, more about the lions exspeccally if the canucks do nothing from now till then.
What?

Lions coverage is not different now then before. Wait, it's better than past years. Also, 35k would suck right? But a 35k sellout in a smaller venue would be awesome right?

You are a strange cat for a chimp.
Lionheart
Hall of Famer

SammyGreene wrote:Looks like the Lions are offering a 3-game pack, including the Western Final via Ticketmaster.

http://www.ticketmaster.ca/event/11003D ... norcatid=8

Also WF tickets looked to be $5 more across the board.
I think that's an awesome marketing idea. :thup:

Lets hope it works.
Dan Russell
Legend

SammyGreene wrote:
Looks like the Lions are offering a 3-game pack, including the Western Final via Ticketmaster.

http://www.ticketmaster.ca/event/11003D ... norcatid=8

Also WF tickets looked to be $5 more across the board.

I think that's an awesome marketing idea.

Lets hope it works.
You would think that even the casual Lion fans would take the oppotunity of that ticket deal.
SammyGreene
Team Captain

The 3-game pack looks to be a sweet deal.

It's only for level 4 seating but when I entered the $80 category it served up Section 38 (20 yard-line) Row A.

So that's basically $26 per game for very prime silver priced seats.
QB#9
Starter

I agree. The last three games will affect the attendance. As much as I would love to see a crowd matching the 2004 western final, I doupt we will get that many out. We got to remember that in 2004 there was no hockey and the media turned most of there attention to football so there was major advertising for the western final. With hockey back though, the advertising and air time has dropped by quite a bit. It's up to us to talk it up and get the people sitting on the fence to come to the game. The 04 WF was one of the best experiences of my life, so lets aim for that again. It's even better if we play sask because they always send a good number of fans. The louder, the better.
SammyGreene
Team Captain

SammyGreene wrote:The 3-game pack looks to be a sweet deal.

It's only for level 4 seating but when I entered the $80 category it served up Section 38 (20 yard-line) Row A.

So that's basically $26 per game for very prime silver priced seats.
Great deal but it seemed like people were still cool to the idea of having to buy tickets for two meaningless games on top of the WF.

As of Friday night, they had only manage to sell about 3 or 4 rows worth of the $80 deal... based on what Ticketmaster was offering.

I expect them to now start selling silver priced seats up top. Still lots in the corner and end zones down below so I don't see bronze tickets available up top anytime soon.

Last night they had sections open up to from about 37 to 54. That's got to be pretty close to a 40,000 configuration.

I wonder if that's what they are intially trying to sell for the WF before opening up prime sideline seats on the other side?
Last year they jumped the gun on opening up both sides of the upper deck and it resulted in sparse numbers on the north side.
120dB
Legend

okay, Western Final is next, so let's get going!

Orange shirts, orange paint, orange coveralls, NOISE banners, Washington State Marching Band, 50,000 Bam Bams, bugle horns, air horns........
Ravi
Legend

Was it not a positive sign for the western final attendance that the Lions drew such solid crowds for their final two meaningless home games? After seeing the attendance over the last couple of weeks, I will be surprised if they draw any less than 50k for the western final. What does everyone else think?
Rookie

chimpy wrote:I think we will be lucky to get 35000.00
Interesting... I never knew that people had to include decimal points... Interested in seeing 0.35 of a person show up.
SammyGreene
Team Captain

Ravi wrote:Was it not a positive sign for the western final attendance that the Lions drew such solid crowds for their final two meaningless home games? After seeing the attendance over the last couple of weeks, I will be surprised if they draw any less than 50k for the western final. What does everyone else think?
A little bit of papering going on for the last couple of games but solid crowds given the circumstances.

50,000 would take significant marketing efforts and the subsequent hype... something the Lions haven't shown they are capable of (yet).

In the 2 weeks since they have clinched, there has been little in way to sell the game, other than a 3-pack ticket deal that include the last 2 regular season games. Even tonight... there were no constant reminders.
Hopefully that changes in the next couple of days or the Lions aren't interested in getting a huge crowd.

I am a little concerned about the turnout in Toronto next Sunday after the Argos' offence laid an egg at home for 2 straight weeks and failed to clinch first.
Canuck_4_Life
Hall of Famer

I expect somewhere in the 40K range.
Lionheart
Hall of Famer

Judging by comments said I would say no. But not taking that into account as you (Ravi) say the last two crowds I would say yes. There seems to be a different feeling here this time as opposed to last year... the impending doom is gone. Just my opinion
Canuck_4_Life
Hall of Famer

I think the casual fan will wait until the opponent is determined.
MacNews
Team Captain

Canuck_4_Life wrote:I think the casual fan will wait until the opponent is determined.
It also helps that we won both the home games. Same thing happened in '04 and we had a massive crowd for the WDF.