Official 2006-07 Vancouver Giants/WHL Season Thread

Discuss the NHL, NFL, CIS, NCAA, Lacrosse, Soccer, Baseball, Basketball, Motorsports, Golf, Rugby, Amateur Sport, Curling, Wrestling ... Whatever Sport or Leisure activity you like!

Moderator: Team Captains

Canuck_4_Life
Hall of Famer

I don't know how Kenndal McArdle missed his first chance with a wide open net. At least he atoned for his miss.

I am so ready for Sunday's showdown with Lewiston.
Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

what a game yesterday!
2012 Season Ticket Holder
smphantom
Legend

Was that Gilbert Brule leaning over the railing high-fiving the Giants as they were coming off the ice when they won?
Stay thirsty my friends.
Soundy
Hall of Famer

Probably was. Chad Scharff, and Mitch and Vic Bartley were also spotted hanging out on the concourse.

Once a Giant, I guess...
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
Robbie
Hall of Famer

I suppose if one wanted to make a case of Canadian vs. American teams, then the 2007 Memorial Cup tournament can also qualify because both the Plymouth Whalers and Lewiston MAINEiacs are American-based. Both of those teams will try to be the first since the 1998 Portland Winterhawks to bring the Memorial Cup to America.

Medicine Hat couldn't carry over their WHL championship momentum today with a 3-1 setback to Lewiston.
Canuck_4_Life
Hall of Famer

After a slow start, the Giants turned it on as the game progressed, eventually sqeaking out a 2-1 victory over the Lewiston MAINEiacs, who got the short end of the scheduling stick, having to play their 2nd game in 24hrs.

The crowd, another Memorial Cup round-robin record, was smaller than I hoped, but provided enough of a spark for the hometown team.

With a Plymouth win tomorrow night, the Giants will secure their spot in the final.

The only thing that bugged me about the game, was the appearance of Crazy P (I'm 99.5% sure it was him).
Last edited by Canuck_4_Life on Sun May 20, 2007 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Great game. The Giants were relentless this afternoon. Can hardly wait for the rematch against Medicine Hat this Wednesday.
SammyGreene
Team Captain

Canuck_4_Life wrote:The crowd, another Memorial Cup round-robin record, was smaller than I hoped, but provided enough of a spark for the hometown team.
The build-up to the tournament made it seem like sellouts (for at least the Giants games) were almost a certainty. I'm surprised to see the attendance at 13,000 for the 2 Giants games so far but it's still nothing to sneeze at for a junior team playing in an NHL size rink.

Toigo will still make a boat load off money of the tournament but offering just two price categories ($50 & $65) for all the games in a building of that size likely scared some of their casual fans away — especially when the Giants have marketed themselves on being an affordable product.
Lions_Fan_4_Life
Legend

Canuck_4_Life wrote: The only thing that bugged me about the game, was the appearance of Crazy P (I'm 99.5% sure it was him).
It was him. He's been there since Game 3 of the Championship Series, maybe longer.

Just when I thought I wouldn't have to deal with him for another month...
"I hope he enjoys Stornoway and I hope he's happy there for a long time"

-Prime Minister Harper on new Liberal Leader St?phane Dion
smphantom
Legend

Lions_Fan_4_Life wrote:
Canuck_4_Life wrote: The only thing that bugged me about the game, was the appearance of Crazy P (I'm 99.5% sure it was him).
It was him. He's been there since Game 3 of the Championship Series, maybe longer.

The TV cameras panned on him, and I thought it looked like him. :shock:
You could hear him banging his drum to lead the fans in "Let's Go Giants".
Stay thirsty my friends.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Medicine Hat's victory tonight over the Plymouth sets up a crucial game Wednesday between the Tigers and the Giants. A Giant victory would give them an automatic bye into the finals. Would be sweet revenge for losing the 7th game against the same Medicine Hat team.
maddeep73
Champion

Would be sweet revenge for losing the 7th game against the same Medicine Hat team.
Ah no. Revenge would be beating them in the finals.
Keepin' it real
Canuck_4_Life
Hall of Famer

smphantom wrote:
Lions_Fan_4_Life wrote:

The TV cameras panned on him, and I thought it looked like him. :shock:
You could hear him banging his drum to lead the fans in "Let's Go Giants".
I do not respond to that moron. He's bugged me since the day he showed up at BC Place. I hope he loses his voice or dislocates his shoulder before the season starts. :cr:
AC/DC Rocks
Champion

One of the funniest one liners I've heard in a while,
A couple games ago there was a problem with the ice behind the net, they brought a fire extinguisher out and used it to help speed up the freezing and Sam Cozintino (I know it's spelled wrong) says something like,
"Look at this , I'm just waiting for Gene Simmons to step on the ice for a rock concert." :lol: I thought that was hilarious!
Bighill is Badass
Soundy
Hall of Famer

The Plymouth Whalers pulled out a 2-1 OT win over the Lewiston MAINEiacs tonight to stay alive in the Memorial Cup round-robin.

Giants are now 2-0, Medicine Hat Tigers are 1-1, and the Whalers and MAINEiacs complete the round-robin at 1-2 each.

Good grief, who's writing the headlines at CHL.ca, a fourth-grader??
Medicine Hat secures spot in Tie-Braker
The Medicine Hat Tigers secured a spot in at least the Tie-Braker game after defeating the Plymouth Whalers 4-1 in game four of the 2007 MasterCard Memorial Cup Tournament in front of 12,601 fans assembled at Pacific Coliseum. "
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.