Official 2006 Seattle Seahawks Thread

Discuss the NHL, NFL, CIS, NCAA, Lacrosse, Soccer, Baseball, Basketball, Motorsports, Golf, Rugby, Amateur Sport, Curling, Wrestling ... Whatever Sport or Leisure activity you like!

Moderator: Team Captains

Canuck_4_Life
Hall of Famer

Robbie wrote:Darrell Jackson is expected to play on Sunday, but D.J. Hackett and Marcus Trufant are still doubtful.
I'm sure he'll make an impact, much like he did last week. :roll: :roll: :roll:
Lion_Pride_26
Legend

The Million Dollar Question: Will Rex Grossman show up?
Robbie
Hall of Famer

21-14 Chicago at halftime. The Seahawks defence must really contain Chicago in the second half if Seattle is to advance. :cr:
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

Crap. NOW who do I cheer for? :x
Real women wear orange!!
SammyGreene
Team Captain

CatsEyes wrote:Crap. NOW who do I cheer for? :x
The Saints.

Reasons why:
1. Hurricane Katrina (on the road all last season).
2. Never played in the NFC championship game, never mind the Super Bowl.
3. 3-13 last season.

Tough one for the Hawks. Patched-up defence was good enough in second half but Hasselbeck can't move his team into range for game-winning FG on three possessions.

Like the Saints chances A LOT next week.
Canuck_4_Life
Hall of Famer

I've been quietly cheering for the Saints all season. Hopefully their run this year is re-igniting the city of New Orleans and the state of Louisiana.
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

Yeah I guess....... :sigh:
Real women wear orange!!
pinkfreud

Who do we cheer for between New England and San Diego? Shannon says the Patriots, but I think that's the 4th mimosa talking (and her love of Tom Brady). Please advise.
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

Chargers. Long suffering, totally deserving. Besides, DD was once in Chargers' Camp.
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

pinkfreud wrote:Who do we cheer for between New England and San Diego? Shannon says the Patriots, but I think that's the 4th mimosa talking (and her love of Tom Brady). Please advise.
I'm going for the Chargers because A) Dickenson used to play for them and B) The Patriots have been there enough in the last few years. :wink:
Real women wear orange!!
Bosco
Team Captain

CatsEyes wrote:
pinkfreud wrote:Who do we cheer for between New England and San Diego? Shannon says the Patriots, but I think that's the 4th mimosa talking (and her love of Tom Brady). Please advise.
I'm going for the Chargers because A) Dickenson used to play for them and B) The Patriots have been there enough in the last few years. :wink:
Not to nitpick, Kim - but Dickenson didn't exactly "play" for the Chargers. He was, however a great clipboard holder. :roar:
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

Bosco wrote:Not to nitpick, Kim - but Dickenson didn't exactly "play" for the Chargers. He was, however a great clipboard holder. :roar:
He played a preseason game, IIRC! :wink: Hey, I had to think of SOMEthing! There's no one left that I really like. The Iggles are gone, the Hawks are gone. Guess I can go with the sentimental crowd and go for the Saints, but it'll be a stretch. :lol:

Dickenson/Charger article
Dickenson didn't play in the Chargers' second preseason game, but in the opener he starred, playing the final three quarters in a win at San Francisco. He completed 17 of 27 passes for 192 yards and a touchdown in relief of Flutie, throwing a three-yard scoring pass and two-point conversion with 39 seconds remaining to win the game.
Last edited by CatsEyes on Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Real women wear orange!!
Bosco
Team Captain

Never gamble on a Marty Schottenheimer coached team. :wag:
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

Bosco wrote:Never gamble on a Marty Schottenheimer coached team. :wag:
Yeah, but it's kind of a lesser of 2 evils thing for me! :lol: Do we REALLY want to see the Pats in the Super Bowl again? I know they weren't in it last year, but they've been in it often enough in recent history, that they're starting to remind me of the Alouettes of yore! :lol:
Real women wear orange!!
Bosco
Team Captain

Now if you're referring to the 2000-2006 Alouettes, then I agree - but if your talking about the 1974 - 1979 Als, hey...that was MY team! :lol: