Official 2006 Seattle Seahawks Thread

Discuss the NHL, NFL, CIS, NCAA, Lacrosse, Soccer, Baseball, Basketball, Motorsports, Golf, Rugby, Amateur Sport, Curling, Wrestling ... Whatever Sport or Leisure activity you like!

Moderator: Team Captains

Robbie
Hall of Famer

This game is being referred to as the Emerald City Miracle.
Canuck_4_Life
Hall of Famer

Robbie wrote:This game is being referred to as the Emerald City Miracle.
What was the great miracle? The fact they won?
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Canuck_4_Life wrote:What was the great miracle? The fact they won?
The fact that they won in such an exciting, bizarre, and dramatic way.
Canuck_4_Life
Hall of Famer

Robbie wrote:
Canuck_4_Life wrote:What was the great miracle? The fact they won?
Art Thiel put it best in his column from the P-I:
Don't try to understand it, just chalk it up to karma
I didn't need to read the rest, even though I did.

It's not like the Hawks were down by 1, backed up on their own 1, with 1 second to play.

Let's remember here, the Seahawks and Cowboys were the 4th and 5th seeded teams. There was no David-Goliath storyline a la Boise St/Oklahoma.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Seattle may have played their Super Bowl tonight.
maddeep73
Champion

Robbie wrote:
Canuck_4_Life wrote:
What was the great miracle? The fact they won?

Art Thiel put it best in his column from the P-I:
Quote:
Don't try to understand it, just chalk it up to karma

I didn't need to read the rest, even though I did.

It's not like the Hawks were down by 1, backed up on their own 1, with 1 second to play.

Let's remember here, the Seahawks and Cowboys were the 4th and 5th seeded teams. There was no David-Goliath storyline a la Boise St/Oklahoma.

It was almost as dramatic as they come in a 'one and done' game. You need to check your pulse.
Keepin' it real
Canuck_4_Life
Hall of Famer

maddeep73 wrote:Gawd, what a party pooper you are.

It was almost as dramatic as they come in a 'one and done' game. You need to check your pulse.
Party-pooper or realist?

I consider myself a realist.

Drama = Milt Stegall's 100yd GW TD catch
Drama = Boise State beating Oklahoma in the Tostitos Fiesta Bowl
Drama = much maligned Duncan O'Mahony kicking 2 clutch FGs to tie and win the game

Luck = relying on others misfortune to win a game

Did I mention the Seahawks have a quality opponent waiting for them next weekend in either Chicago (a team they got whooped by) or New Orleans (a team riding off the high of returning to the SuperDome). Not exactly a condition I'd be looking forward to, especially with all the injuries the Hawks have.
Rammer
Team Captain

Canuck_4_Life wrote:
maddeep73 wrote:Gawd, what a party pooper you are.

Party-pooper or realist?

Drama = much maligned Duncan O'Mahony kicking 2 clutch FGs to tie and win the game

Did I mention the Seahawks have a quality opponent waiting for them next weekend in either Chicago (a team they got whooped by) or New Orleans (a team riding off the high of returning to the SuperDome). Not exactly a condition I'd be looking forward to, especially with all the injuries the Hawks have.
For the record Duncan wassn't maligned going into those kicks against the Riders at that time. His condition started the following season.

Had Dallas scored the FG in this one, Seattle had enough time to get a FG back, so it wasn't that dramatic. However if you saw the interview with Romo afterwards, I am sure that the play of the game will be stuck in his mind for some time.

As for a realistic view, the Hawks will have to start winnning games now, rather than not losing them.
Entertainment value = an all time low
LFITQ
Team Captain

Biggest story of the game?

For me it was the ineffectiveness of their two key players, Alexander and Hasselback. I kept screaming for them to put Wallace in as Hasselback was obviously not prepared for this game.

Alexnader managed to come through in the clutch with some much needed momentum on 4th downs but overall he looked very insecure in the backfield and very timid when running the ball. How many times yesterday did he get the ball only to not even try a power run through the gut, but instead to come to a full stop and try and look for a better hole (can't even say attempt to cut it as he didn't)? Last year he would have MADE the hole. I think his foot is still bothering him and he is no where near 100%.

Still glad they managed to squeak this one through, and I sure hope they get the Bears next. Grossman's inability of late to get the job done is the Hawks' best chance with their patchwork secondary in play. Against the Saints, that Defence of the Hawks' is going to get picked apart.

Besides I kinda want to see Jeff Garcia lead the Eagles to the Superbowl. So go Eagles today!
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
nelson95
Legend

Seahawks fodder for Bears/Saints. These teams happier to see shathawks than Cowboys. :hypno:
Give the ball to LeeRoy!
Tighthead
Legend

For me, as a Cowboys fan, the big story was the failure of the Cowboys' offence to go pass wacky against the Seahawks patchwork secondary.

I'll get back to everyone in a few months once I have ruminated on it.
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

I'll get back to everyone in a few months once I have ruminated on it.
is that anything like uri...... :wink:
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
maddeep73
Champion

Seahawks fodder for Bears/Saints.

Beg to differ. Anyone see the Bears QB the last 3 weeks? Pathetic. That team is ripe for an upset.
Keepin' it real
maddeep73
Champion

Party-pooper or realist?

So if there is luck there can't be drama?
Luck=Two Edmonton defenders botching coverage and colliding allowing Stegall to scoot by.
Luck=McCallum missing a chip shot from 18 yards to allow O'Mahony to be the hero.

Drama=The following plays in the last 6 minutes of a playoff game:

-A goal line stand by Dallas to keep the Seahawks from tying the game.

-a wild endzone fumble, initially ruled a touchdown, overturned because of a toe being on the sideline.

-a lead changing 30 yard strike to a much maligned tight end to retake the lead, late.

-a counterstrike drive that leads to an overturned first down call at the one, that had it stood would have ended the game right there.

-a botched 10 yard field goal, in which the botchee went from hero, to goat, to possible hero as he scrambled only to fall one yard short of a first down due to a shoe string tackle!!!

What game were you guys watching???? Every dramatic finish has some element of luck, it ADDS to the drama.
Keepin' it real
Canuck_4_Life
Hall of Famer

maddeep73 wrote:
Seahawks fodder for Bears/Saints.

Beg to differ. Anyone see the Bears QB the last 3 weeks? Pathetic. That team is ripe for an upset.
What exactly were the Bears playing for in the past 3 weeks? Nothing. Ask any professional athlete that plays a team game, how hard is it to get up for a game that means nothing?

Anyone who considers the Seahawk victory a "miracle" needs to watch more professional sporting events.