BCLIONS.COM updated

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Kyle

Just came across the new site...looks good....nice to see them updating quite a bit
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

I agree Kyle-it looks awesome! I just hope that they can keep the articles and events up to date. I also like that the schedule is at the top, and the player stats and team standings are easily available. If they can keep the site current, it should be a hit! The only issue I had with the previous format was that the same articles and information would stay up for days and never change. Great start though! :rockin: :thup:
Real women wear orange!!
AZ

Very nice. I'd much rather have the schedule at the top than have to play with that browser thingie they used to have.
bc49
Hall of Famer

Agree with all who say having the season schedule (and the next game highlighted) is a positive step. Also the league standings on the home page is a novel touch - unless you're a Ticat fan.
Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

it Looks pretty good
2012 Season Ticket Holder
jim604
All Star

i will admit i am a nitpicker, but i do design the odd website.

i think it's a bit too wide. i dont like scrolling to the right or view fullscreen when i browse.

the old menu looked superiour.

the schedule is too busy and an eyesore.. i liked the old schedule better.

however, BC lions tv, is awesome to have there..the stats and standings are great too...unfortunetly those stats and ads on the far right are about 50% cutoff.. most other website in the world fits within this size, for the most part.
(people are lazy give us all the info in a small area, that is easy to read)

now that this it outa my system, GO LIONS :rockin: :)
hwgill
Legend

Nothing worked for me on the old site. I couldn't scroll the scheduler, the polls always read as being voted on (CFL site is the same for me). The poll still doesn't work for me, and I don't know why. The only way I can vote in any poll is to log out, vote, and then log back in again.

I do like the new additions, though.

btw, I use Firefox, I hate IE.
" ... a team not being prepared to play is the head coach’s responsibility.” - Jim Barker
Charlene

It looks good, i like it. As Catseyes said...i hope they keep it updated!

We have some hot Felions this year! Cute bathing suits!
Bosco
Team Captain

jim604 wrote:i will admit i am a nitpicker, but i do design the odd website.

i think it's a bit too wide. i dont like scrolling to the right or view fullscreen when i browse.

the old menu looked superiour.

the schedule is too busy and an eyesore.. i liked the old schedule better.

however, BC lions tv, is awesome to have there..the stats and standings are great too...unfortunetly those stats and ads on the far right are about 50% cutoff.. most other website in the world fits within this size, for the most part.
(people are lazy give us all the info in a small area, that is easy to read)

now that this it outa my system, GO LIONS :rockin: :)
Although it may be easy to nitpick at some of the finer points, you at least have to give the Lions credit for finally entering the 21sy century. :roll: For far too long, their website has been among the worse of all professional sport teams.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

jim604 wrote:i will admit i am a nitpicker, but i do design the odd website.

Agree with Jim604. Having said that, it's a vast improvement over the previous.
Lions_Fan_4_Life
Legend

Too many things bunched up together, an improvement yes, but they could make it more well, less bunched....
"I hope he enjoys Stornoway and I hope he's happy there for a long time"

-Prime Minister Harper on new Liberal Leader St?phane Dion
smphantom
Legend

Lions_Fan_4_Life wrote:Too many things bunched up together, an improvement yes, but they could make it more well, less bunched....
It's the same items from the old site bunched up on the new site. Not that much of an improvement?
Stay thirsty my friends.
Docbeer
Legend

Not bad...however - the game time is listed in eastern time...according to the site the game tonight is at 10:30pm :bang:
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things"
CB123
Legend

It's a little too bunched up, but I think its a big improvement. I really like the BCLions.comTV thing (hopefully they will update it after every game with highlights). I like the Stats and Standings at the bottom of the screen too. Now if they can only organize it a bit better, they will be in business. :thup:
BC Lions - 2006 Grey Cup Champions!
USC Trojans - 2007 Rose Bowl Champions!
Team Canada - 2007 World Junior Hockey Champions!
Vancouver Giants - 2007 Memorial Cup Champions!
Lions_Fan_4_Life
Legend

smphantom wrote:
Lions_Fan_4_Life wrote:Too many things bunched up together, an improvement yes, but they could make it more well, less bunched....
It's the same items from the old site bunched up on the new site. Not that much of an improvement?
Dont' get me wrong but as others have said it is everything bunched up, fav addition is bclions tv! :thup:
"I hope he enjoys Stornoway and I hope he's happy there for a long time"

-Prime Minister Harper on new Liberal Leader St?phane Dion