Alouettes vs. Lions Game Day Thread

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

Special teams stellar!
"Just Win Baby" ~ Al Davis
Blitz
Team Captain

Suitor says that we are beating the Montreal blitz with quick passing, throwing over the middle and better pass blocking, as well as Lulay retreating in the pocket rather than scrambling and getting the football to our receivers.
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)
Blitz
Team Captain

YES, very quick pass to Harris and importantly on the left side.

Aarrrg...Lulay should not have thrown it downfield so far without an open receiver. Not wise...but of course that play must have been the scheme. :wink:
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)
Blitz
Team Captain

The play was set up by a missed block by Harris...but Lulay managed to escape....but threw the interception.

Fumble cause by our defense....caused by LaRose...can you believe it..and Parks recovered it.
Coast Mountain Lion
Legend

Questionable number calls on those URs. BC 68 maybe though he probably meant 54, but Montreal 23 is completely wrong.
Blitz
Team Captain

Lulay hits Harris but he was so wide open earlier...we tried a fake on second and one...good call but not successful. Crap...Harris fumbled..another problem with our scheme.
Blitz
Team Captain

We've had 3 turnovers this half...26 for the season. Last year we had 23 turnovers all season. We should be walking away from this game. Defense has been excellent and special teams good. But mistakes on offence, not scheme problems, have allowed Montreal to still be in this game.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Good to see the Lions use a Harris as a RUNNING back instead of a blocking back
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Blitz wrote:We've had 3 turnovers this half...26 for the season. Last year we had 23 turnovers all season. We should be walking away from this game. Defense has been excellent and special teams good. But mistakes on offence, not scheme problems, have allowed Montreal to still be in this game.
X2 The Als are only 15 points down. They are not out of it by any stretch
LadnerLion
Rookie

TheLionKing wrote:
Blitz wrote:We've had 3 turnovers this half...26 for the season. Last year we had 23 turnovers all season. We should be walking away from this game. Defense has been excellent and special teams good. But mistakes on offence, not scheme problems, have allowed Montreal to still be in this game.
X2 The Als are only 15 points down. They are not out of it by any stretch
Especially after what happened last time we played them...
Blitz
Team Captain

I like that we used Harris more this first half..and he played well..not being behind in the game helps. However, he also has to block better on the occasions we use him that way...and all tailbacks are used to block at times...too bad about the fumble by Harris.

Harris just interviewed and pointed out the offensive line is doing a 'heck of a job right now' and he is right. The blocking was very good in the first half...Montreal has the best defense in the CFL...best against the run and 3th against the pass. Without a couple of mistakes on offence we could be up two more touchdowns.
Blitz
Team Captain

Haidara looking good on special teams as he has all season so far.
Blitz
Team Captain

Sure looks like a much more motivated defensive line today..I think they got the message...they have had good pressure all game.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Montreal had a total of 3 first downs in the 1st half Guess the defence is doing it's job
Blitz
Team Captain

Quick pass by Lulay on first down completely overthrown to an open receiver.....Emerty makes a great play to tip a pass that looked like a completion on second down and its two and out. We need to get yardage on first down against a blitzing defense and not second and 10.