Elks vs. Lions Aug. 19, 2021

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

And with the aforementioned Tackles hobbled, a quick play strategy is even more crucial. The heat that is going to be put on our QB because of a weak o-line isn't going to allow Reilly to wait on long developing pass plays. He will be lucky if he gets 3 steamboats. With no credible rushing threat to keep the D wary, they will be sending Lbackers, Dbacks etc. etc. I hope the play calling is adjusted to recognize this and that Reilly reigns in his preference for long pass plays.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
BC 1988
Legend

Sir Purrcival wrote:
Sat Aug 28, 2021 11:00 am
And with the aforementioned Tackles hobbled, a quick play strategy is even more crucial. The heat that is going to be put on our QB because of a weak o-line isn't going to allow Reilly to wait on long developing pass plays. He will be lucky if he gets 3 steamboats. With no credible rushing threat to keep the D wary, they will be sending Lbackers, Dbacks etc. etc. I hope the play calling is adjusted to recognize this and that Reilly reigns in his preference for long pass plays.
Hopefully, Kelly Bates will be able to prevent this porous o-line situation from degenerating into the sack fest that was the first half of the 2019 season (before Chiu was let go). If he can't, they better make use of the more mobile QB option.