Stupid Undisciplined Penalty could cost Bo his Career

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

tedbear
Starter

Bo Levi Mitchell was Injured tonight because of a stupid Undisciplined penalty by Hamiltons George Jr. with seconds left in the game.

I am appalled with Hamilton's undisciplined play which has been an issue with them all year, and it all falls on head coach Orlondo Steinauer. After the fake hand shake and push by Edwards a couple of games ago the league doled out a fine. Orlondo said this is not the way we play football but he had a chance to do something about it but declined saying the league took care of it.

Well tonight the CFL's most penalized team continued their embarrassing ways when Edwards took another stupid undisciplined penalty, this guy is a cancer and will never learn. Coach Steinauer had another chance to pull the guy out for a couple of plays to set the right example but did not.

Karma reared its ugly head after Hamilton stopped Ottawa with seconds left when Hamilton defensive back George Jr. couldn't keep his big mouth shut and went by the Ottawa bench and took an unsportsmanlike Penalty with seconds left in the game. This penalty backed Hamilton up to its 2 yard line causing Bo Levi Mitchell to run forward instead of just kneeling down to kill the clock. No Penalty no injury.

I feel bad for Bo, but not for Hamilton. Why head coach Steinauer didn't put short yardage QB Powell in when the play call was to dive forward we will never know.

Thankfully Coach Campbell set the example early in the season when he shipped Kongbo off to Hamilton when he did not conform to the team ways. It seems that Steinauer should have took notice as his undisciplined team will probably cost him his job at the end of the year.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Why even try to run the ball ? With 4 seconds left in the game, just kneel - game over.
tedbear
Starter

When you kneel the quarterback usually takes a step back or two in order to not get hit by the defence. Due to the penalty they scrimmaged from the 2. With change of possession Clock does not start until ball is snapped. I think they were worried about kneeling backwards and giving up a safety, leaving a second on the clock and then having to kick off. The stupid penalty put them in this position, but again if you were going to run forward put in your short yardage quarterback.
MacNews
Team Captain

I don't understand why the backup QB did not take that snap.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Orlondo Steinauer said he expected Mitchell to just take a knee and end the game.
tedbear
Starter

Hmmmmm :hmm: I expect my young son to wash his hands after he uses the bathroom, but it is up to me to make sure that he does. It all falls on Steinauer who seems to be passing the buck on this one.
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

So many 20/20 hindsight wrongs on that play. Simply going forward on a sneak when there is no risk of turning the ball over on downs should not carry on injury risk. But yes why not toss in the backup at that point. I read somewhere that the play call was a kneel down but Bo decided to sneak instead. Weren't the Argos in the same yardage situation today and managed to execute kneel down? If Bo was worried he didn't have room for that then throw it into the 3rd row in the stands. End of game. And finally why did the Ottawa defender find it necessary to dive over the top and pull him over backwards?
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

Coaching with Hamilton is the issue when it comes to these penalties irrespective of the HC's comments.

Shawn Lemon in the game last night went offside and took himself out in his first game with Montreal vs Calgary. To me that sent a message of seriousness on the part of Lemon.

With the way QBs who run are being tackled and twisted this season, Bo might have best watched that from the sidelines. If you're backup can't be trusted to take the snap, you best spend a few minutes after practice working on that.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy