Uniform Preference

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

What is your favourite look for the Leos this year?

Monochrome or all black (home)
20%
Black home jerseys with grey pants (home)
33%
Fog grey (away)
47%

Total votes: 15
David
Team Captain

On Sunday, the Leos took the field wearing their 'away' pants with their home black jerseys (likely because it was a hot sunny day and all-black uniforms would have made the players really hot, just my guess).

What is your favourite look this year? The monochrome blacks (home), black jerseys with grey pants? Or the fog grey aways?

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
yukonlion
All Star

LIked the grey paints, not a fan of monochrome... favourite look is still the mid 70s, black helmet, orange jersey grey pants..
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

I honestly don't have an opinion or clear preference. If I did it would probably be the fog grey roads. I wasn't sold on them sitting on the rack at Fanfest in Kamloops but warmed up to them quickly when I saw the full package when watching from the McMahon stands in the season opener. Sunday's outfit looked good although with the untucked undershirts there wasn't much for pants showing on some players. It actually took me a minute to realize they were wearing the road pants. I'm thinking at some point they will be sporting the fog grey tops with black pants for a road game at which point you'll need to edit your poll @david. :wink:
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
Clash Dance
Rookie

Agree Hambone, I wonder if our best look is still to come with Black pants with the fog Grey tops.

Also, has football hone away from multi colored socks? Would think an orange thick stripe at the top of the socks would look great!
Hambone
Hall of Famer

Clash Dance wrote:
Tue Jul 11, 2023 4:39 pm
Agree Hambone, I wonder if our best look is still to come with Black pants with the fog Grey tops.

Also, has football hone away from multi colored socks? Would think an orange thick stripe at the top of the socks would look great!
I don't know if multi colored socks would look all that good these days. Back in the day all players wore their pants down to below their knee caps. Now most cut them off above the knee leaving the socks to run from cleat up and over the knee to the lower thigh. The one colour sock probably looks best.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

I erred and hit all black while I actually preferred the jerseys and pants vs. Montreal.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
Hambone
Hall of Famer

One thing we do know after the gum metal blacks is that the players absolutely LOVE a black monochrome look.
Hambone
Hall of Famer

Toppy Vann wrote:
Tue Jul 11, 2023 5:22 pm
I erred and hit all black while I actually preferred the jerseys and pants vs. Montreal.
That's OK Toppy. New Zealand rugby team appreciates your error. :wink:
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

None of the above, but I voted for fog grey because it’s easier to see the numbers. The Lions don’t seem to care about the legibility of putting dark numbers on a dark jersey, without a white outline. I want to know which player is which at a glance. I wasn’t at the game Sunday and tried to watch on a TV in a bar. I didn’t notice the pants, and don’t care.
cromartie
Hall of Famer

Black monochrome, please.
Hambone
Hall of Famer

B.C.FAN wrote:
Tue Jul 11, 2023 11:23 pm
None of the above, but I voted for fog grey because it’s easier to see the numbers. The Lions don’t seem to care about the legibility of putting dark numbers on a dark jersey, without a white outline. I want to know which player is which at a glance. I wasn’t at the game Sunday and tried to watch on a TV in a bar. I didn’t notice the pants, and don’t care.
They aren't so hard to read from the 45 BCF. :wink:

What I don't like is the way the numbers on the jerseys "scrunch" up so a 6 can look like an 8. But last year's jerseys did the same thing.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Hambone wrote:
Wed Jul 12, 2023 6:24 pm
B.C.FAN wrote:

What I don't like is the way the numbers on the jerseys "scrunch" up so a 6 can look like an 8. But last year's jerseys did the same thing.
Yes, that’s a large part of the problem. Numbers 6, 8 and 9 all look the same. There’s also not enough contrast between the numbers and the background colour to make the numbers legible during live action on TV.
squishy35
Legend

B.C.FAN wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2023 12:35 am
Hambone wrote:
Wed Jul 12, 2023 6:24 pm
B.C.FAN wrote:

Yes, that’s a large part of the problem. Numbers 6, 8 and 9 all look the same. There’s also not enough contrast between the numbers and the background colour to make the numbers legible during live action on TV.
IMO, the home unis have the number too bulky in the print. They should make the #'s smaller like last years grey jerseys with an outline.