Preseason: Saskatchewan at B.C. June 3, 2022

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Qman
Champion

Arceneaux made the elks. We play them Friday.
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

DanoT wrote:
Sat Jun 04, 2022 10:10 am
I think they have Rhymes playing Shaq Johnson's former wide side WR spot and Hatcher is on the low cost 2nd year of a rookie contract, so Johnson's departure could be salary related, as in he wanted more than the Lions were willing to pay and perhaps were only interested in Johnson as a backup to Cottoy.
Hatcher has been in Johnson's old wide side WR spot with Rhymes working out of one of the 3 slot positions. In camp is seemed to be Lucky and Burnham on the shorter side with Hatcher, Rhymes and Cottoy on the wider side. It will probably take a few games for coaches and fans alike to sort out whether there's a true field and boundary side.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
Hambone
Hall of Famer

Qman wrote:
Sat Jun 04, 2022 7:14 pm
Arceneaux made the elks. We play them Friday.
It'll be interesting to see if Manny is any more effective as an Elks than Clermont and Simon were as Riders at the ends of their careers.
Qman
Champion

Hambone wrote:
Sat Jun 04, 2022 7:34 pm
DanoT wrote:
Sat Jun 04, 2022 10:10 am
I think they have Rhymes playing Shaq Johnson's former wide side WR spot and Hatcher is on the low cost 2nd year of a rookie contract, so Johnson's departure could be salary related, as in he wanted more than the Lions were willing to pay and perhaps were only interested in Johnson as a backup to Cottoy.
Hatcher has been in Johnson's old wide side WR spot with Rhymes working out of one of the 3 slot positions. In camp is seemed to be Lucky and Burnham on the shorter side with Hatcher, Rhymes and Cottoy on the wider side. It will probably take a few games for coaches and fans alike to sort out whether there's a true field and boundary side.
Quan bray released by Montreal. he has to be better than hatcher, plus is a returner
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Qman wrote:
Sat Jun 04, 2022 8:17 pm
Quan bray released by Montreal. he has to be better than hatcher, plus is a returner
Hatcher took every first-team rep in training camp and caught everything thrown to him, including some tough contested catches. I don’t know why Bray was released but I don’t think the Lions have any interest in another veteran receiver.
Hambone
Hall of Famer

B.C.FAN wrote:
Sat Jun 04, 2022 8:36 pm
Qman wrote:
Sat Jun 04, 2022 8:17 pm
Hatcher took every first-team rep in training camp and caught everything thrown to him, including some tough contested catches. I don’t know why Bray was released but I don’t think the Lions have any interest in another veteran receiver.
Bray's time in Montreal has been plagued by inconsistency. He can look really good at times then displays frying pan hands at others. While he did do some return work in Montreal the results were very average; 26 punt returns in 27 games for a 7.3 average and career long of 16 yards. He also has a bit of baggage from the 2020 pot bust (157#) he managed to get reduced to 1 charge that resulted in a fine. If Hatcher can't live up to expectations I'd much rather see BC turn to internal options like Pearson, Crockett or Way etc who have all shown well between camp and preseason reps.
David
Team Captain

Hambone wrote:
Sat Jun 04, 2022 9:03 pm
If Hatcher can't live up to expectations I'd much rather see BC turn to internal options like Pearson, Crockett or Way etc who have all shown well between camp and preseason reps.
I'm a Hatcher fan so I have faith that he will deliver.

Great that we have some rooks pushing(?) the vets a bit but I don't think Way will be in the mix for a while, judging by how gingerly he was holding his arm when he left the game on Friday.

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

So after looking at the depth chart for the last game, do we have no one to back up the left tackle position? I am assuming that perhaps someone would roll into that spot but is really listed as depth in another part of the line?
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
Qman
Champion

Sir Purrcival wrote:
Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:35 pm
So after looking at the depth chart for the last game, do we have no one to back up the left tackle position? I am assuming that perhaps someone would roll into that spot but is really listed as depth in another part of the line?
I was broxton … just error on depth chart
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

Qman wrote:
Mon Jun 06, 2022 10:27 pm
Sir Purrcival wrote:
Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:35 pm
I was broxton … just error on depth chart
In the last game Broxton wasn't just an error on the depth chart, he was an error on the field as he looked like he was trying to impersonate a turnstile at left tackle.