2022 Free Agents - BC Targets - Top 5

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Dusty
Champion

Assuming that the stories of the Lawler offer of $250K is accurate, I wonder, for the Bombers, if it will come down to a choice between Andrew Harris and Lawler. If the Bombers match the offer for Lawler, I'd guess that Harris will hit free agency and wonder if the Lions are interested in putting a single year contract to him.
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

Dusty wrote:
Sat Feb 05, 2022 3:36 pm
Assuming that the stories of the Lawler offer of $250K is accurate, I wonder, for the Bombers, if it will come down to a choice between Andrew Harris and Lawler. If the Bombers match the offer for Lawler, I'd guess that Harris will hit free agency and wonder if the Lions are interested in putting a single year contract to him.
^^^ I was thinking the same thing and if Bombers have to choose between a big contract for Lawler or a big contract for an aging Andrew Harris, I think they go with Lawler and their 2 young RBs who filled in when Harris was injured last season.
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

Dusty wrote:
Sat Feb 05, 2022 3:36 pm
To turn that around no way will Winnipeg consider Harris at Lawler money. $150K maybe. $250K no way. Rider fans blame BC for throwing the receiver market all out of whack with Lucky's contract then the Lawler offer, if true. Now that they've given Duke $260K will that change Winnipeg's thinking on Lawler? There's one other thing for consideration. As unlikely as I think it will turn into anything Lawler has been getting some NFL workouts. It's entirely possible that he gets an offer there and nobody in the CFL gets him.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
Gridiron Ernie
Champion

According to Purifoy himself, he's back with the Leos: https://3downnation.com/2022/02/05/back ... b-c-lions/
He's a talented fellow. Gets a little too hot under the collar sometimes though. But he's become a consistent presence in secondaries. And solid at kick returns.
SammyGreene
Team Captain

Gridiron Ernie wrote:
Sat Feb 05, 2022 5:53 pm
According to Purifoy himself, he's back with the Leos: https://3downnation.com/2022/02/05/back ... b-c-lions/
He's a talented fellow. Gets a little too hot under the collar sometimes though. But he's become a consistent presence in secondaries. And solid at kick returns.
Our new starting safety? Interesting in that all 5 of our 2021 starters are under contract including Cooper-Edwards and Hardin on salary cap friendly deals. Both played safety at some point last season, as did Sayles.
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

SammyGreene wrote:
Sat Feb 05, 2022 6:27 pm
Gridiron Ernie wrote:
Sat Feb 05, 2022 5:53 pm
Our new starting safety? Interesting in that all 5 of our 2021 starters are under contract including Cooper-Edwards and Hardin on salary cap friendly deals. Both played safety at some point last season, as did Sayles.
Don't forget Joyner who finished the season at SAM LB and didn't look out of place and is on the 2nd year of a rookie deal...and Hakeem Johnson who did ok at CB.
Hambone
Hall of Famer

Purifoy is pretty much plug and play in any of.the secondary positions as well as SAM. All kinds of options for Campbell.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

One potential FA who has been linked to the Lions is Edmonton DE Mathieu Betts. The former third overall draft pick from Laval hasn’t yet established himself as a CFL pass rusher but he’s just 26 and plays at full speed, much like ex-Lion and fellow FA target David Menard. The two of them could make a nice ratio-breaking rotation on the DL, giving the Lions further options to add an American receiver and offensive lineman.
David
Team Captain

I was hoping the club could sign Boateng and Menard, but I would be happy with Betts and Menard rotating at one end spot and having Gwatcham and Bonner (as well as other camp hopefuls) battle it out at the other end spot. I believe the interior needs to completely be re-vamped to have more disruption. Richardson would sure be a nice addition. :thup:

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
Reg18
Starter

Getting Whytepurifoy and Harris will be all hGood moves not sure about Lawler. But we are moving forward
Reg18
Starter

Trevor Harris purifoy and Whyte all good moves.not sure about Lawller though.lotsbof American receivers out there and would come a lot cheaper.i hope
This deal doesn't happen
Reg18
Starter

I hope they announce Whytes signing soon. We need him
Hambone
Hall of Famer

Reg18 wrote:
Sun Feb 06, 2022 12:35 pm
I hope they announce Whytes signing soon. We need him
Patience young Grasshopper. You'll get your wish around 9:00am Tuesday morning.
Hambone
Hall of Famer

Looks like my top 5 honourable mention Ucambre Williams is heading to Ottawa.
https://3downnation.com/2022/02/06/redb ... -williams/

There have been other rumours linking Hunter Steward to Ottawa too.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Hambone wrote:
Sun Feb 06, 2022 1:09 pm
Looks like my top 5 honourable mention Ucambre Williams is heading to Ottawa.
https://3downnation.com/2022/02/06/redb ... -williams/

There have been other rumours linking Hunter Steward to Ottawa too.
The Redblacks are winning free agency if all the report are true: Jeremiah Masoli, Darius Ciraco and possibly Jaelon Acklin from Hamilton, Kwaku Boateng from Edmonton, William Powell from Saskatchewan, Ucambre Williams from Calgary, Hunter Steward from B.C. and Llevi Noel from Toronto.