BC Lions Finalists for 2021 CFL Awards

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

David
Team Captain

Player: Lucky Whitehead
Defensive: Bo Lokombo
Canadian: Bo Lokombo
Offensive Lineman: Kent Perkins
Special Teams: Stefan Flintoft
Rookie: Jordan Williams* (unanimous)

No real surprises here, but interesting to note Kent Perkins was a player that wasn't even supposed to play RT this year but stepped in for concussed Ryker Mathews and becomes our best offensive lineman (a sad indictment of our standard of line play this year).

Particularly galling to see David Menard turn out to be Montreal's top Defensive and Canadian player. I knew we should have tried harder to keep that guy!

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
SammyGreene
Team Captain

Menard’s season really hurts given what our defensive line has delivered. Always has been a good rotational player. Great to see him thriving in that role with the Als.

At least we got Lokombo back. Had his best season here in 2018 and Hervey didn’t want to pay the market price for a national starting LB and went a different direction by overpaying Chungh and Durant. We know how that has turned out but Bo has been terrific back home.

Clock ticking on Jordan Williams. A steal for what he has delivered on his rookie contract. But likely just 1 more year of that then we have to buck up for 2 very good national linebackers. Lokombo was paid $120,000 this season.

Perkins and Williams great examples of why you need to draft and recruit well to have impact entry level salary players to balance your high priced talent in a salary cap era.

How about Perkins and Jarell Broxton as starting tackles next season and re-route Mathews and Figueroa’s salaries (top 10 in league) to the defensive line?
Coast Mountain Lion
Legend

Of the six on-field player awards, two Lions, three Bombers and one Redblack. No surprises and all are deserving, but interesting to see half the awards go to players on non-playoff teams.
Reg18
Starter

Jordan Williams? I wonder if he would even make the roster but for his mother's birth certificate? I am not convinced that he is that good !sybe with more experience he willexcell but I dontthinkhes very good now.
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

Reg18 wrote:
Tue Dec 14, 2021 8:35 pm
Jordan Williams? I wonder if he would even make the roster but for his mother's birth certificate? I am not convinced that he is that good !sybe with more experience he willexcell but I dontthinkhes very good now.
Jordan Williams had a great rookie season and his award was well earned. He has great range and with the wide CFL field that is a real asset for a MLB. I anticipate a terrific CFL career for Williams.