Simulated CFL Games

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

Is anyone else watching Rod Pederson doing live simulated CFL games? It's awesome!

I had to bust his ass a bit by sending him a comment that I can't wait until he calls a game at SIM BC Place because it will be the first time he was correct about fake crowd noise. He read it on the broadcast and replied with "I know what I heard". LOL

It's on Twitch (sorry, don't know the address) or The Rod Pederson Show on Facebook.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Yes. I’ve been watching his daily talk show and some of the simulated games. He does a good job. It’s nice to have a Canadian sports talk show that gives a lot of love to CFL football.

I mentioned in another thread that that all originally scheduled 2020 CFL games are being simulated on Twitch.tv by Nelson Hackewich (nhacker49). Pedersen does play by play for one or two of them each week. The virtual Lions are 1-3 heading into Saturday’s simulated home game against Ottawa.
Murdoch
All Star

Will second earlier comments that the play by play coverage makes the package more enjoyable and easier to follow. For that you have to go to the Rod Pederson show on Facebook.

Not sure about Brandon Rutley starting or Lamar Durant returning kicks but overall rosters are as current as could be expected. (Adam Konar playing MLB).

Trouble in Bomberland as well with an 0 - 2 start although the TO 2-0 kind of makes me wonder how seriously I should take it. None the less Hamilton, then Calgary would not have been easy games.

I would have expected more scoring from the Lions and Sask than a 15 - 11 final. Real life it would have been another tough game. Sask fans would be disappointed in losing.
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

I pretty much dismissed them as whimsical GIGO exercises when some Rider fan posted about the first one which was Bombers @ Riders in the Riders 2nd pre-season game. It was declared that the Riders who originally followed that game with the Week 1 bye rested Fajardo giving him effectively 3 weeks off between the 1st pre-season tilt and their season opener. On top of that it was the only pre-season in front of the Mosaic faithful which would be a no-brainer for the coach to give the team starter close to half of the reps. It had me wondering if whomever was doing the data load to set the game up knew anything about football. Of course despite their starting QB watching in civvies the Riders still prevailed.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Mike Reilly completed 27 of 52 passes for 392 yards on Twitch.tv Saturday as the virtual Lions won their second straight simulated game 16-11 over Ottawa at B.C. Place.
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

25 incomplete pass attempts. doesn't sound very realistic.
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

KnowItAll wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:04 pm
And minus-1 yard rushing at one point in the fourth quarter. It’s not realistic but take it for what it is. Adam Konar is a beast at virtual middle linebacker. I wish that were realistic.
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

B.C.FAN wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:15 pm
KnowItAll wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:04 pm
And minus-1 yard rushing at one point in the fourth quarter. It’s not realistic but take it for what it is. Adam Konar is a beast at virtual middle linebacker. I wish that were realistic.
at this point, I am enjoying watching live Aussie Rules Football instead :)
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
Murdoch
All Star

Nice to see Konar getting some recognition. Don't see a negative to that. Curious if he would be remunerated for his name being used.

Agree about the stats. Reilly is 66% career passing so it wouldn't have been hard to do better. Must be red zone issues though with the low point totals.

Mindless bemusement tied into sports withdrawl. Imagine if we lost the internet next. Might actually have to go do something.
Hambone
Hall of Famer

KnowItAll wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:07 am
at this point, I am enjoying watching live Aussie Rules Football instead :)
Footy! Great sport.
Murdoch
All Star

I'm guessing it would have been another heck of a game. Rick Campbell facing the Redblacks for the first time and all. Ottawa made some good moves in the off season with Lapo and Benevides imo. Lots of potential for an explosive offense. Would not have been a game to take lightly.

Must win for the Lions after the tough first four games. Would be nice to know that they were playing well and showing promise.

Almost like a Matt Nichols injury where you never really know how it would have really worked out. Same agent as Mike Reilly has paid off in spades with the three year deal in TO. Never would have happened if he had to play out the season imo. One of the guys that ended up with a ring despite not being in the lineup. We'll see how it goes in Toronto.
Dusty
Champion

I watched one of the earlier virtual games and it seemed like BC was still using Jackson's offence even though the player names are updated. Predictable, with lots of short pass attempts for little yardage.

It makes sense that the programming would be based on last years schemes, but I lost interest in following the games pretty soon.
Hambone
Hall of Famer

Dusty wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:11 am
I watched one of the earlier virtual games and it seemed like BC was still using Jackson's offence even though the player names are updated. Predictable, with lots of short pass attempts for little yardage.
Aha! Now we know who stole Jarious' laptop!
David
Team Captain

Hambone wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:32 pm
Aha! Now we know who stole Jarious' laptop!
:rotf: :rotf:

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

Lions Bombers SIM live now.