I'm taking time off from the site -- WestCoastJoe

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

pennw wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:20 pm
So long Joe , count me as one of those who enjoyed and appreciated your contributions . You put a lot of time into this and were passionate about it . I completely understand you needing a break from this . Internet forums can take a lot out of a guy . Best wishes Joe
Thanks, pennw.

Rest is good. Change is good. Freedom is good.
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

Jimmy Johnson's Game Keys: Protect the ball. Make plays.

Walter Payton's Advice to Kids: Play hard. Play fair. Have fun.
Ballistic Bob
Legend

First thing I did when I got home was look up the game stats. You spoiled us. Thnx BB
Wear orange or wear nothing
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Ballistic Bob wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:35 pm
First thing I did when I got home was look up the game stats. You spoiled us. Thnx BB
Thanks, Bob.
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

They say the hardest part of leaving is..........leaving.

Do yourself a favour and cold turkey it. You will rejuvenate and come back stronger.

Site needs good hard analysis. You contribute that. So start the process.

Cheers
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Lion Guy wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:21 pm
They say the hardest part of leaving is..........leaving.

Do yourself a favour and cold turkey it. You will rejuvenate and come back stronger.

Site needs good hard analysis. You contribute that. So start the process.

Cheers
Oh yes. Agreed. As stated in the post, it is cold turkey. The comments in this thread are friendly, and I am responding in the same way. Other than that, I am AFK, away from keyboard.

My self discipline is good, and my decisions tend to run deep. No doubts. No withdrawal symptoms. ''Feelin' good,'' as Willie ''Dr. Feelgood'' Davis of the Green Bay Packers used to respond.

Thanks.

Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

Where did Blitz go. Between him and WCJ that's a lot of contributions off the board and it's far less fun without them.

The football knowledge component is significantly reduced here as a result of these guys not posting. Fortunately there is still good football knowledge here versus rants and craziness
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

Toppy Vann wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:58 am
Where did Blitz go. Between him and WCJ that's a lot of contributions off the board and it's far less fun without them.

The football knowledge component is significantly reduced here as a result of these guys not posting. Fortunately there is still good football knowledge here versus rants and craziness
Good question. According to his profile his last post was on July 31st earlier in this thread.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Toppy Vann wrote:

Thanks, Toppy.

I do not presume to speak for Blitz, but I will say a few things. He and I have been communicating, although it has been a few days since the last. He posted in the Captain's Forum about his decision to take time off from the site.

His situation is somewhat similar to mine. We have posted a lot, expressing our views on players, coaches, systems, football philosophy, management, et cetera, in a serious vein, with both praise and criticism. That brings reaction, both in agreement and opposition. It can be tiresome and burdensome, especially when things get personal, unpleasant, provoking, or even hostile, as we all know. For most, it is supposed to be fun talking football. Many on here take time off. It is to be expected.

For myself, as a new poster at the time, Blitz was an early inspiration, talking about football. Very inspirational to me. I knew it was time to dust off some old playbooks and practice plans, and look at systems. Time to focus more deeply once again, on different aspects of the game, on the game in the trenches, the O Line, the D Line, the overall defence, and not just the QB, the receivers and the running backs, in following the ball. Time to be more than a spectator. When I started posting, he reached out to me right away, with support and praise for my comments. He has provided detailed analysis about all aspects of football. He posted his own well-researched material, not as opposition to anyone else's views. He was always polite. I always waited for his well-considered views to be posted.

As he indicated in the Captain's Forum, he is taking time off.

Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

WCJ, Thanks for that. We're all poorer for you guys not adding your thoughts and experience in the game.
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Hambone wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:07 pm
Toppy Vann wrote:

Good question. According to his profile his last post was on July 31st earlier in this thread.
Several other frequent posters have taken some time off as well. The last post for these three are:

Rammer: July 6, 2019
sj-roc: November 5, 2017
Solar Max: February 3, 2016
祝加拿大加式足球聯賽不列颠哥伦比亚卑詩雄獅隊今年贏格雷杯冠軍。此外祝溫哥華加人隊贏總統獎座·卡雲斯·甘保杯·史丹利盃。還每年祝溫哥華白頭浪隊贏美國足球大联盟杯。不要忘記每年祝溫哥華巨人贏西部冰球聯盟冠軍。
改建後的卑詩體育館於二十十一年九月三十日重新對外開放,首場體育活動為同日舉行的加拿大足球聯賽賽事,由主場的卑詩雄獅隊以三十三比二十四擊敗愛民頓愛斯基摩人隊。
祝你龍年行大運。
恭喜西雅图海鹰直到第四十八屆超級盃最終四十三比八大勝曾拿下兩次超級盃冠軍的丹佛野馬拿下隊史第一個超級盃冠軍。
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

Didn't Solar move? I don't know why but I had the idea he was in Ottawa or some such. It is true, that there have been several that have left over the years. It is amazing the chunk of experience, knowledge and so on that has gone with them. Hopefully their absence isn't a forever absence but if it is, then perhaps new voices will take up the challenge. Does illustrate clearly why new young fans are constantly needed to be added to the ranks. Lean spells like the Lions have experienced in the last few years make it tougher. I don't know 1 fan under the age of 30 which I find to be very sad.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

Solar Max as I recall is in Ottawa. Not sure if moved, or always lived there.
The_Pauser
Legend

Sir Purrcival wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:09 pm
Didn't Solar move? I don't know why but I had the idea he was in Ottawa or some such. It is true, that there have been several that have left over the years. It is amazing the chunk of experience, knowledge and so on that has gone with them. Hopefully their absence isn't a forever absence but if it is, then perhaps new voices will take up the challenge. Does illustrate clearly why new young fans are constantly needed to be added to the ranks. Lean spells like the Lions have experienced in the last few years make it tougher. I don't know 1 fan under the age of 30 which I find to be very sad.
Well I am 33, is that close enough?

I hear what you’re saying though. This market really needs to be rejuvenated. I do think there are young fans that exist. But Vancouver is such a bandwagon town that most likely won’t come out until the Lions have put together a few divisional first place finishes.
Roar you Lions roar!
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

Toppy Vann wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:19 pm
I think you are correct Toppy. Can't remember when I last saw Lawrence but think it was at BC Place around the time the REDBLACKS were about to enter the league. He is originally from Ottawa IIRC and was either already back there or in the process of going back. I think he mentioned having or getting REDBLACKS season tickets. While he became a Lions fan while out this way he was first and foremost a Rough Rider fan and looking forward to the CFL returning to Ottawa.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Hambone wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:27 am
Toppy Vann wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:19 pm
I think you are correct Toppy. Can't remember when I last saw Lawrence but think it was at BC Place around the time the REDBLACKS were about to enter the league. He is originally from Ottawa IIRC and was either already back there or in the process of going back. I think he mentioned having or getting REDBLACKS season tickets. While he became a Lions fan while out this way he was first and foremost a Rough Rider fan and looking forward to the CFL returning to Ottawa.
I know Solar Max is from Ottawa, but don't know if he's physically living there now.
Mrs. Solar Max is CatsEyes, who last posted on Oct 28, 2018.
祝加拿大加式足球聯賽不列颠哥伦比亚卑詩雄獅隊今年贏格雷杯冠軍。此外祝溫哥華加人隊贏總統獎座·卡雲斯·甘保杯·史丹利盃。還每年祝溫哥華白頭浪隊贏美國足球大联盟杯。不要忘記每年祝溫哥華巨人贏西部冰球聯盟冠軍。
改建後的卑詩體育館於二十十一年九月三十日重新對外開放,首場體育活動為同日舉行的加拿大足球聯賽賽事,由主場的卑詩雄獅隊以三十三比二十四擊敗愛民頓愛斯基摩人隊。
祝你龍年行大運。
恭喜西雅图海鹰直到第四十八屆超級盃最終四十三比八大勝曾拿下兩次超級盃冠軍的丹佛野馬拿下隊史第一個超級盃冠軍。