GDT -- The Playoffs Have Arrived - Leos vs Hamilton in East Semi-Final

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Blitz
Team Captain

The Kool Aid regarding Buono is 'pouring' out on TSN now.
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:56 pm
Lion Guy wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:53 pm
TheLionKing wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:50 pm
How many here really thought the Lions were going to win this afternoon ?
Nope. Was hoping for a blow out. Clean house.

Coaching staff will need some extra time in the pews today.
Neither did I. I thought the things that plagued the Lions like penalties, tackling, play calling will come back to haunt the Lions and they did
They have mediocre and extremely lacklustre all year. No pop. No pizazz. Just bland, boring football.
Blitz
Team Captain

Jennings getting pissed at his offensive line. Can't be quit!
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)
seamack3
prospect

Could it be the ugly creamsicle unis responsible for the pitiful road efforts?
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

The next move is up to David Braley and Ed Hervey. Your moves gentlemen.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

I'd not suggest total house cleaning as they are not all bad coaches.

It may go down more as a game where the starting QB is second guessed as clearly Jennings might have got more things going IF given an early chance to play like back in the 1st Quarter. I'm not knocking Lulay either.

I go back to the Riders last year. Kevin Glenn was no.1 but his HC hooked him early when things weren't working for the main reason that he knew he couldn't get his no. 1 QB hurt. Bridge seemed fine as he seemed like he was playing to be the heir apparent - clearly he wasn't in the HCs thinking there but it worked only to lose the East Final

I think Jarius is a good coach - but he might need to be in a situation without Dorazio as he's been here too long - or so it seems. I watched some practices early on and I liked how Jarius ran things.

Wally has definitely got from his owner what he never gave to a player and that's to not get tossed out before your Best Before Date. His last few years will put a bit of a stain on a legacy that might never get erased in my life time (and I'm planning a long life).
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
Blitz
Team Captain

Travis Lulay, 47.1% completion rate for 103 yds.

Jenings 61% completion rate for 172 yds.

43 yds. rushing. Sutton 6 carires for 24 yds. Jeremiah Johnson 1 carry for 17 yds.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:05 pm
Remember how Wally was ALLEGEDLY Ed Hervey's pick - remember he only came to BC if Wally was his HC so maybe Ed should be toast.

Kent Austin GM and HC lol....

I originally was giving Ed a pass on this year's HC but in the heat of the post game lol.... I'm getting the tar and feathers ready for the GM too.

We need levity.

TSN panel at the half were hilarious pumping up the Riders Bombers game as that last game was sucking.

Likely told to pump up that second game as the fans were tuning out this game and they know Riders have no starter at QB. Chris Jones should have kept Kevin Glenn who sat on the bench all year in Edmonton and 3 of them - at least until he knew Collaros head issues were over - which they weren't.

This game should be closer but if not, it's going down bad for TSN ratings lol
PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

Bring along your play book Walley!!!
"Just Win Baby" ~ Al Davis
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

Great win for HAM who could not have been better prepared for the East Final than laying a whupping on the Lions. It doesn't get better than that.

I'd be thinking CATs in the Grey Cup after today.
JohnnyMusso
Champion

Thank God the game is over. One of the worst playoff games I have watched in the history of the Lions, well since I started watching them in 71. Reminded me of Rapp's Lions losing to the Eskimos 40 to 1.

But this seemed worse. Team looked horrible. Hope Hervey now cleans house for cannot sell this team as it is now.

Also Braley needs to sell. Time to dump the team and move on David.
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:05 pm
And let's get it done before the GC silence period
PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

Saw David Braley in the stands grinning like the a**hole he is...relishing his ticat victory over our team...disgusting!
"Just Win Baby" ~ Al Davis
Blitz
Team Captain

We need to clean house with our coaching staff. The only ones deserving of returning are Melvin, Tormey and Reinebold.

Jarious Jackson also needs to go if he is going to be stuck with our RPO offence and he is stuck. The only way he should stay is if we bring in a new HC with a background on offence and he can get Jarious out of his doctrinaire offensive religion,

As for Reilly or someone else at quarterback, don't forget Reilly's stats were about the same as Jennings and Lulay's stats this season when Reilly played in McAdoo's offence when McAdoo was OC in Edmonton.

Reilly only emerged as a top flight quarterback once RPO ended in Edmton as McAdoo went to Regina to continue on with his mediocre scheme in Riderland.
The_Pauser
Legend

Blitz wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:10 pm
Travis Lulay, 47.1% completion rate for 103 yds.

Jenings 61% completion rate for 172 yds.

43 yds. rushing. Sutton 6 carires for 24 yds. Jeremiah Johnson 1 carry for 17 yds.
Not exactly fair, Jennings came in against a softer defense that was playing more not to get injured. The game was out of hand at 37-0 when he came in.

Having said that, the switch needed to be made earlier. I said when it was still in the 1st quarter that Lulay looked like a rookie out there. He needed to be sat down to start the 2nd quarter even if just for a couple drives. Wally letting Lulay stay in until the game was out of hand was a very poor coaching decision. This wasn't the reckless coach Buono said he would be...this was just stupidity. Reckless would have been going for it on 3rd down with 85 seconds left in the 2nd quarter to try to get some points, but instead conservative Wally appeared and we punted for some reason.
Roar you Lions roar!