TiCats 40 - Lions 10, Post-Game Stats and Comments

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Blitz
Team Captain

Wally, post- game (He did a lot of Cheshire Cat smiling and quickly pointed out he was happy with our cover teams)

In terms of preparation:

"I don't believe our preparation was poor. There was nothing that Hamilton did that we didn't expect or practice. They made plays, we didn't".

(In other words, their players played better than our players, which is why we lost and coaching had nothing to do with the game. Same old Kool Aid)

In terms of the loss:

"Well, you know what? Guys, you're going to go through one of these games every year".

(Basically dismissing the loss, rather than being ACCOUNTABLE nor saying what he was going to do to fix it - cause he doesn't know how to fix things...he said he didn't have any ideas over a month ago and that if he did have ideas he would be implementing them). The Emperor has no clothes.
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)
aklawitter
All Star

Blitz wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:30 pm
Wally, post- game

In terms of preparation:

"I don't believe our preparation was poor. There was nothing that Hamilton did that we didn't expect or practice. They made plays, we didn't.

In terms of the loss:

"Well, you know what? You're going to go through one of these games every year".
gotta execute

lol
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

David wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:41 pm
Maybe I'm naive, but I don't think the players danced on the logo in a premeditated act to incite. To me, it was much ado about nothing. Apparently, it's something they make the rookies do every year. I think they had just gathered at centre field and it broke out. The logo just happened to be there. It's not like they were maliciously "stomping" on it. But if they knew it was going to piss off their opponent, they should have raised their game instead of coming out flat.

I concur. I don't think the Lion players are that stupid to disrespect their opponent.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Blitz wrote:
Wally, post- game (He did a lot of Cheshire Cat smiling and quickly pointed out he was happy with our cover teams)

In terms of preparation:

"I don't believe our preparation was poor. There was nothing that Hamilton did that we didn't expect or practice. They made plays, we didn't".

(In other words, their players played better than our players, which is why we lost and coaching had nothing to do with the game. Same old Kool Aid)

In terms of the loss:

"Well, you know what? Guys, you're going to go through one of these games every year".

(Basically dismissing the loss, rather than being ACCOUNTABLE nor saying what he was going to do to fix it - cause he doesn't know how to fix things...he said he didn't have any ideas over a month ago and that if he did have ideas he would be implementing them). The Emperor has no clothes.
Give us a break Buono. Do you actually believe the crap you're spewing ?
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

The other upside to Braley selling this team? No more team dinners at the Braleys! I don't know what those guys gorge on, but whatever it is it doesn't help them (I'm thinking it's turkey meat and double scotches, as they always play so damn sluggishly the next day).
Wouldn't surprise me in the least if Braley remains as the owner for next year or heaven forebids a few more years. Can't see anyone paying what Braley is asking for the club especially with a rapidly declining fan base.
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

Wouldn't Matt Baker be in charge of such videos? I'f so that's pretty irresponsible of him.
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:39 pm
Blitz wrote:

In terms of preparation:

In terms of the loss:

Give us a break Buono. Do you actually believe the crap you're spewing ?
Careful now or his daughter will get angry at you.
Don Miller
Legend

:dizzy: The Lions have been in far too many blowouts over the last few years. Braley needs to sell the Team. Totally unprepared you could see from Hamilton's opening drive they were the better Team today. Zero pass rush and poor tackling. Linebackers slow to react to White. Jennings cannot read defences. Throwing into double coverage Running game non existent Johnson once again not used. O line very soft today. Out coached and outplayed. We will need to win at least 3 more games to have even a chance at a crossover.
Peanut Butter Joe/Willie Show
David
Team Captain

Being "Family Day" next Saturday against the Argos, I naively thought we may come close to the 21,000 mark with a victory - given the miracle comeback last week, and (what would be) a 4-game winning streak.

Even if we lose to Hamilton, I said to myself, something like 26-23, we should be able to crack 20,000 next week or close to it.

I didn't expect a complete no-show performance and 40-10 blowout loss. We can probably expect the "same-old, same-old" next week. :sigh: Always one step forward, two steps back with this organization...

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
Don Miller
Legend

:shock: The game has passed Wally. Was a mistake bringing him back for a "cinderella" season (she lost her slipper) JJ has had to dumb down the Offensive calls as Jennings can't read defences properly. We need to run the ball effectively to make the passing game work. Don't know if Solly is able to come back soon. Our Linebackers are not doing the job. Pass rush was pretty well shut down today by Hamilton's O line. I have been a fan since 59 when Willie Fleming and Randy Duncan arrived. Next year I want to see a new head coach and not from within New owner and new direction before I consider renewing my season tickets..
Peanut Butter Joe/Willie Show
tedbear
Starter

As WCJ stated maybe Joe Kapp would have danced on the Logo. But one thing that I can assure you is that if he did, he certainly would have had the GUTS to walk out to centre field the next day and participate in the coin toss.

Not only did the Lions disrespect the Hamilton team and their fans by dancing on their logo, but they were too gutless to force their way back there for the coin toss. Hamilton stood around it and we retreated. If your going to throw the first punch you better be ready to respond. Hamilton responded and we put our tails between our legs and ran.

I knew right the we were going to get an old fashioned butt kicking and unfortunately IMO we deserved it.
BC 1988
Legend

Watching that was like a typical BC playoff game the last few years (except for the 2016 Western Semi win over WPG). A thorough ass-kicking. One thing though, both EDM and WPG have been going through similar inconsistent play as well this season.

Who were the two Lions depicted doing their logo dance-off? (They kept showing it but I didn't hear anyone identify them.)

BTW, the team hasn't done the Braley BBQ for the last couple of years. With his health issues, he hosts them at a restaurant instead. Wally mentions it early in this 1040 clip from the Donnie and the Moj show yesterday.
https://www.tsn.ca/radio/vancouver-1040 ... -1.1182639
I think this is the place he said (audio quality not very clear) they went to:
http://loprestisatmaxwells.com
At any rate, the resulting team performance was just as bad as after the BBQ was.
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

David wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:26 pm
Being "Family Day" next Saturday against the Argos, I naively thought we may come close to the 21,000 mark with a victory - given the miracle comeback last week, and (what would be) a 4-game winning streak.

Even if we lose to Hamilton, I said to myself, something like 26-23, we should be able to crack 20,000 next week or close to it.

I didn't expect a complete no-show performance and 40-10 blowout loss. We can probably expect the "same-old, same-old" next week. :sigh: Always one step forward, two steps back with this organization...

DH :cool:
Maas, Dickenson, Jones, O'Shea. Young. Innovative. Adaptable.

What have we got?
Rammer
Team Captain

I doubt Mass survives after this season, Esks aren't getting the results that they expected. In fact over at Esksfans, they are concerned Mike Reilly may be looking at returning to the Lions in the off season...
Entertainment value = an all time low
BC 1988
Legend

I see one of the Lions dancers was David Mackie followed by a rather half-hearted attempt by an unidentified rookie.
http://3downnation.com/2018/09/28/cfl-s ... eef-teams/
It's astonishing that this was done so casually. You can tell that the TiCats players were intent on getting maximum mileage out of it (and they did).