Lions 50th Season Leather Jacket

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

whatadisgrace
prospect

Does anyone have a really good picture of Lions melton-leather black jacket from 2003 that celebrated 50th season?

All I can find is this:

firstandgoal
Rookie

I have one of those jackets hanging in my closet. Pics can be taken.

Let me know what shots you want... :good: :thup:
Lead, follow or get out of the way!
whatadisgrace
prospect

firstandgoal wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:22 pm
I have one of those jackets hanging in my closet. Pics can be taken.

Let me know what shots you want... :good: :thup:
Can you take a few pics of the sleeves and back that have all the old Lions logos and the patches with each Grey Cup winning year.

Many thanks if you could do that for me :beauty:
cromartie
Hall of Famer

I have one as well, but a couple of things...

That's not what that jacket was. Roots made those in 2002 for all the teams. I discovered it after Adam Rita wore one on the sidelines in a late season game. Roots, I think, only made and sold those in 2002 and 2003. They are fantastic and I wish they'd make them again.

They came with the Grey Cup patches, and Roots continued to make the patches for subsequent Grey Cups. I was able to order a 2006 patch when they won. I no longer wore the jacket in 2011 (weight loss means I'm too small for the jacket) so I don't know if they made the patch for 2011. I ordered mine through the retail store at the club directly.
cromartie
Hall of Famer

Pictures. The left sleeve has the current logo. The right has the Grey Cup Championship footballs.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by cromartie on Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
cromartie
Hall of Famer

The back.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CardiacKid
Legend

cromartie wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:18 am
I have one as well, but a couple of things...

That's not what that jacket was. Roots made those in 2002 for all the teams. I discovered it after Adam Rita wore one on the sidelines in a late season game. Roots, I think, only made and sold those in 2002 and 2003. They are fantastic and I wish they'd make them again.

They came with the Grey Cup patches, and Roots continued to make the patches for subsequent Grey Cups. I was able to order a 2006 patch when they won. I no longer wore the jacket in 2011 (weight loss means I'm too small for the jacket) so I don't know if they made the patch for 2011. I ordered mine through the retail store at the club directly.
So any chance you would be open to parting with it? :wink:

I am a svelte XL....well, XL anyways. Maybe not so svelte :roll:
David
Team Captain

Wow. I think I might be willing to GAIN weight for that jacket!!

:rotf:

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
firstandgoal
Rookie

Looks like Cromartie beat me to the punch! Who did you order the Grey Cup patches through? Lions or Roots? I would like to get the '06 and '11 patches for my jacket.

Cheers
Lead, follow or get out of the way!
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

David wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:55 am
Wow. I think I might be willing to GAIN weight for that jacket!!

:rotf:

DH :cool:
I'd probably have to shed some. :hmm:
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
cromartie
Hall of Famer

At this point, it has sat in my closet here since 2010, so I'd be open to finding it a home. It is, however, a 3XL so David you'd more or less have to eat like an American for at least a year or two to fit in it.

The patch was ordered directly through the BC Lions retail store. I honestly don't know if they ever made a 2011.