Playoff predictions FWIW

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

Sask wins the east
Edmonton wins the west.

Sask beats ED in the cup.

most likely GC matches

ed - sask
cal - sask
ed - tor
cal - tor

wpg, zero chance. Ott not much more.
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

I like Edmonton in the West. I can’t see Winnipeg's secondary shutting the Eskimos down, and Calgary has lived all year on defence and special teams. That might not be enough to stop the Esks.

The East is wide open but I can’t see Saskatchewan upsetting the defending Grey Cup champs at home. Ottawa will advance but won’t be able to beat a healthy Ricky Ray and James Wilder Jr. in Toronto.

In the Grey Cup I’ll stick with my preseason prediction of B.C. over Montreal.

Oops. Scratch that. I don’t know who will win but I love the matchup of Ricky Ray’s Argos against his old teammate, Jason Maas. I’ll be rooting for Ray and against Maas.
JohnnyMusso
Champion

Eskimos beat Winnipeg - Eskimos on a roll. Bombers not that good and Nicols not completely healthy though I think will play. Eskimos win by 14 or more

Ottawa beats Rough Riders - Western teams just do not win in the East in the playoffs whether time change or something else. Think Ottawa will win in close game.

Stampeders beat Eskimos - tough call on this one for Calgary not playing well, but I think they will win this one in a close game.

Toronto beats Ottawa - I think Trestman will have a great game plan and Ray will rise up and be the difference.

Grey Cup:

Stampeders win. I cannot see them losing again in the playoffs after dominating 2 years in a row.
Matt Baker
Rookie

I'll go Edmonton over Toronto in the Grey Cup.

Every year people get high on the crossover team, but I think Saskatchewan is a year away from being a serious contender. Could see them getting past Ottawa, but I like the makeup of the Argos these days.

In the West, even a healthy Bombers team doesn't convince me. Never been a big Matt Nichols fan. I think Edmonton is playing the best right now, has the best quarterback these days and is built for playoff football on both sides of the line of scrimmage. They upset Winnipeg and Calgary.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

SSK over OTT. The Jones boy has his guys playing well. This fan is rooting for the underappreciated Kevin Glenn. Can they go to the Grey Cup? Just because of Glenn, I hope so.

EDM over WPG. I do not like the Eskimos. But I think the Bombers are too banged up, and do not have the talent level of the Schmos.

One week at a time for me.
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

Jimmy Johnson's Game Keys: Protect the ball. Make plays.

Walter Payton's Advice to Kids: Play hard. Play fair. Have fun.
The_Pauser
Legend

B.C.FAN wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:53 pm
I like Edmonton in the West. I can’t see Winnipeg's secondary shutting the Eskimos down, and Calgary has lived all year on defence and special teams. That might not be enough to stop the Esks.

The East is wide open but I can’t see Saskatchewan upsetting the defending Grey Cup champs at home. Ottawa will advance but won’t be able to beat a healthy Ricky Ray and James Wilder Jr. in Toronto.

In the Grey Cup I’ll stick with my preseason prediction of B.C. over Montreal.

Oops. Scratch that. I don’t know who will win but I love the matchup of Ricky Ray’s Argos against his old teammate, Jason Maas. I’ll be rooting for Ray and against Maas.
I'm with you. BC over Montreal. Well maybe not Montreal....BC over Ottawa. It'll be Ottawa vs. Edmonton matched up for the Grey Cup, BC will attack Edmonton in the dressing room and come out during the player intros and beat Ottawa for the Grey Cup Championship.
Roar you Lions roar!
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

I see a Stamps - Argo's tilt in the final. Defence tends to win championships. Edmonton been up and down. Peg, too thin and nicked IMO. Riders might get by the semi but I don't want to count on a Glenn to get them any farther than that. Red Blacks are hard to put a finger on but Harris can be up and down and with them missing one of their best receivers in Sinopoli, I think they are hampered too. They could surprise but they are unpredictable. In the East, I'm putting my money on Ray. Savvy Vet, good coaching once again. As for the Cup, don't think Stamps will be denied a second time if they get there.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
CardiacKid
Legend

My heart says RedBlacks and I think they will beat the GreenWhites. But James Wilder Jr. looks well nigh unstoppable and combine his play with Ricky Ray and Marc Trestman? I like the Argos to take it all.
ZLions
Rookie

I sincerely hope Saskatchewan wins the East this year - only because everyone will then fully realize how ridiculously better the West is than the East every single season, and that there desperately needs to be a change in the CFL playoff format.

If Calgary does not win the Grey Cup this year, it would be an epic choke on their part. With how good Calgary has been in the past decade; they should have won the Grey Cup much more times, they easily could have had 5 or 6 cups since 2008.. instead they always find ways to lose in the playoffs. I will laugh my arse off if Calgary blows it again this year. Don't get me wrong, I have great respect for the Stamps organization, just the amount of times they get upset in the playoffs is disheartening to watch.

Yeah, I can't see Calgary not winning it all this year.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Ottawa over the Greenies. They're champions for a reason.
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:30 pm
yeah, Burris.
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
ZLions
Rookie

TheLionKing wrote:
Honestly, Calgary choked more than Ottawa won.
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

ZLions wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:13 am
TheLionKing wrote:
Calgary may have been over confident but they didn't coke. They got beat by an Ottawa team that came up with a better game plan that included some new plays and formations that Calgary had not seen before from Ottawa.
ZLions
Rookie

DanoT wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:03 am
ZLions wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:13 am
TheLionKing wrote:
Calgary may have been over confident but they didn't coke. They got beat by an Ottawa team that came up with a better game plan that included some new plays and formations that Calgary had not seen before from Ottawa.
It was second and goal from the two yard line with like 30 seconds left, all Calgary had to do was give it to Messam to plow it in and they win (like they did on the previous play where Messam got six yards after a pass interference call against Ottawa that made it first and goal from the eight). Instead Calgary does some stupid play trying to get the quarterback outside to throw or run it in and Ottawa easily picks up on it. Calgary is forced to settle for a field goal and the game goes to OT.

I know Calgary was trying to catch Ottawa by suprise, but doing what was successful for them all season with Messam would’ve likely won them the game.