Lions that will be selected as 2017 All Stars....

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

....NONE

No one on the Oline gets selected, that is for sure.

All of the receivers statistically are worse than last season, so no selections there.

JJ24 has been great at RB but the Bombers are doing a much better job of utilizing Harris than the Lions ever did, so Harris gets the nod for the Bombers as an All Star RB and is a possible MOP candidate.

Dline, some good players but other teams are far superior.

Elimimium has been a perennial All Star but Singleton has been outstanding for the Stamps and is playing for a first place team, while Solly plays for a last place team that leads the league in giving up the most big plays. So no All Star selection at MLB for the Lions and no Bighill or even Purifoy at the other LB spots.

The Lions DBs have given up the most big plays in the CFL, so no All Stars here.

Special Teams: There is no All Star ST selections, saving the Lions the embarrassment of another donut.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Elimimian and Singleton will be the West linebackers.

Steward is widely regarded as the Lions' best O-lineman, so he should be considered.

Yell is worthy of all-star consideration at corner.
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

I might give Burnham a nod. Some of his catches have been spectacular.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Sir Purrcival wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:34 am
Yes. Burnham sits fourth in the West in receiving yards, and should make it on that statistic alone. A 2017 highlight reel of his spectacular catches has just been uploaded to cfl.ca. He is fun to watch.

BEST OF BRYAN BURNHAM IN 2017…SO FAR
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

B.C.FAN wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:39 am
Sir Purrcival wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:34 am
Yes. Burnham sits fourth in the West in receiving yards, and should make it on that statistic alone. A 2017 highlight reel of his spectacular catches has just been uploaded to cfl.ca. He is fun to watch.

BEST OF BRYAN BURNHAM IN 2017…SO FAR
Oh yeah. I took some stills from that video. Incredible, except that we are almost becoming used to his amazing catches.

Thanks for posting that video, BCFAN. I was being a bit lazy about putting the stills on here, but you got me going.

Best in the league IMO.

I looked it up just because I was curious. He had a 4.4 in the 40 in his workout for the Lions (His times were not as good in NFL workouts). Plus his size, hands and elevation, getting after the ball. I don't think I have seen anything quite like Bryan Burnham. His style is unique and spectacular. :thup:
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

Jimmy Johnson's Game Keys: Protect the ball. Make plays.

Walter Payton's Advice to Kids: Play hard. Play fair. Have fun.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Hand-eye coordination. Extension. Body control. Textbook IMO.

2017-10-02_0801_002.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Elevation and timing.

2017-10-02_0802.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Concentration. Securing the ball. If his catches were in a training manual, guys would look, shake their head, and give up the idea of playing football. The standard is just too high. LOL

2017-10-02_0802_001.png

WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

About that elevation and timing, let alone awareness of the defender.

2017-10-02_0803.png

WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Under some pressure ...

2017-10-02_0803_001.png

WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

His size and athleticism are gifts. His skills show dedication.

2017-10-02_0804.png

WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

That is close cover. Burnham has complete awareness of the flight of the ball, and of the defender. He is about to "go up and get the ball." Much, much easier said than done.

2017-10-02_0805.png

WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Gotcha. And he ain't letting go, despite the overly close cover, which really amounted to pass interference IMO.

Credit to the defender. What the heck else could he do, aside from tackling Burnham before the ball got there?

2017-10-02_0805_001.png

WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

There is that elevation and timing. Magic.

2017-10-02_0805_002.png

WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

That is two guys hanging on him, in extremely close cover. I would have to say the defenders were all over him. Not enough, though.

2017-10-02_0806.png