Ryan Phillips return?!?!

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

CardiacKid
Legend

A couple of people posted that they noticed Ryan Phillips on the Lion's sidelines during the Montreal game.
It didn't go unnoticed by a few other well-placed people as well, including Jason Aragki who posted the following on Twitter (complete with a reply from Phillips).
philips.png
I see he was wearing a Lions shirt and his Twitter profile is awash in Lions images....

Something afoot?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
David
Team Captain

Funny, I wondered aloud before the game whether we'd see RP21 at the game given he played for both teams and he lives so close by (Seattle WA). It was nice to see him again on the Leos' sidelines. :thup:

Not sure what position we'd have for him though. We already have a good DB coach in Stanley Franks. As previously stated, I would have loved to have seen Ryan play safety for us, but that ship has likely sailed as they will probably settle on Anthony Thompson at safety. Could we see him signed to back-up or challenge Anthony Gaitor for strong-side corner? It's possible, but when Wally moves on, there's usually no turning back.

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
Don Miller
Legend

Lions web site indicates RP is helping out the Scouting Dept for the Pacific Northwest. He said he wouldn't rule out putting #21 on again in a Lions Uniform. :thup:
Peanut Butter Joe/Willie Show
aklawitter
All Star

officially back as a regional scout
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

aklawitter wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:50 pm
officially back as a regional scout
That makes a lot more sense than some of the other rumours/suggestions. All due respect to Phillips but I couldn't fathom Wally bringing him back unless they ran into a sudden rash of injuries in the secondary. Right now Parker is the only one out and there are 3 other DBs on the PR including McDonald who has been here since the opening of training camp.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Welcome back, Ryan.

I remember him at his first TC. He was injured. Somehow he survived that situation, and played, and played and played. :thup:

https://www.bclions.com/2017/09/11/phil ... -new-role/

2017-09-11_2037.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

Jimmy Johnson's Game Keys: Protect the ball. Make plays.

Walter Payton's Advice to Kids: Play hard. Play fair. Have fun.
David
Team Captain

Great move. :thup: RP21 deserves a place in this organization.

The move makes sense too now that Geroy can't travel as much anymore, with the passing of his wife and two kids to look after. :bawl:

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

If Phillips can find another Ryan Phillips then he has done his job well.