Lions 41 - Alouettes 18, Post-Game Stats and Comments

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Gridiron Ernie
Champion

Was taking a 'holiday' of sorts from the forum -- feeling somewhat tender I suppose -- with the tragic Lulay business and all... Emotional wallop.
But was drawn in to see these. Thanks for sharing these, Joe. You got the knack -- freezing the moment into miniature works of art. Love it. They are delightful. As are many of your captions. I appreciate the time and energy involved. And while I'm signed in let me echo one simple thing you said in the thread pertaining to Travis -- which pretty much summed it up for me as a direct communique to the battered man -- "You inspire me". Yes, indeed -- he's that kind of guy -- an inspirational fellow. A special one. And as we all know, that's true whether or not he plays.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

Gridiron Ernie wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:01 pm
Was taking a 'holiday' of sorts from the forum -- feeling somewhat tender I suppose -- with the tragic Lulay business and all... Emotional wallop.
But was drawn in to see these. Thanks for sharing these, Joe. You got the knack -- freezing the moment into miniature works of art. Love it. They are delightful. As are many of your captions. I appreciate the time and energy involved. And while I'm signed in let me echo one simple thing you said in the thread pertaining to Travis -- which pretty much summed it up for me as a direct communique to the battered man -- "You inspire me". Yes, indeed -- he's that kind of guy -- an inspirational fellow. A special one. And as we all know, that's true whether or not he plays.
:beauty:

I also think Lulay has really evolved - especially since his injury and loss of a starter's role.

I think it's clear that while he has a passion to play he knows he has a future in the CFL beyond playing. He has Mass and Dickensen as two QB role models at HC and O'Shea too.

Listening to how he talks suggests to me that he's a first rate leader to match his knowledge of the game. Unlike the others that Wally has mentored and brought along, somehow I see him more like Dickensen than some others. Willing to speak up but with the knowledge to back it up.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Gridiron Ernie wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:01 pm
Thanks, Ernie. As I said to BCFAN, one gets some satisfaction from doing stuff like that. And when it is appreciated, one gets even more satisfaction. :thup:

Travis is all heart, all courage. One can see it in full measure on his face as he is being helped off the field. And one can see the emotional pain. Yes, he does inspire. He may have saved our season once. And he may have saved it again, in helping Jonathon Jennings, who looked like a rejuvenated man, liberated from doubt and lack of confidence. Travis came in and led the team, when Jonathon got hurt. And just like that, so did #10 when Lulay got hurt.

Toppy, I think Lulay came back better than ever. IMO he could play again. His call. Even if he does not play again, his legacy is in place. And he should make a fine coach, when it is time. As Ernie and I were discussing, courage does inspire others, even fans.
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

Jimmy Johnson's Game Keys: Protect the ball. Make plays.

Walter Payton's Advice to Kids: Play hard. Play fair. Have fun.