Between-Game Practice-Time Regulations

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

South Pender
Legend

Most of you probably already know this, but I don't and was wondering whether the number of days a team can practice between games is mandated by the league collective agreement. I'm curious about whether the Lions can have more practices in a week like the present one, with 9 days between games. Or are teams limited to a certain number of days that they can schedule practices?

As an aside, I hope the Lions can take advantage of the longer week right now--if for no other reason than to work on getting the running game going....
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

Lots of rules in the CBA. Most are related to the setting of times, number of hours allowed for practices and meetings. They are allowed only 1 contact practice. Even with the longer week they will lose 2 days of the 9 between game days for travel. Saturday would've been an off day especially given they were out east away from families for 9 days for the first 2 games out east. So they are already down to 5 days assuming they fly to Hamilton on Friday. Braley typically hosts the team for a BBQ when they go to Hamilton. If he still does that they may go on Thursday. A "long" week shortens up quickly.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Players are off until Tuesday. They usually have three practice days and a walkthru, so they should get those in this week. Last week I believe they had only two full practice days because of the short week.
CardiacKid
Legend

Here's a link to the current CBA...
https://cflpa.com/download/collective-b ... 2014-2018/

I believe it remains in effect until the day before training camp starts in 2019.