Let's pack the dome for the WSF ! WSF ticket sales thread

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Ballistic Bob
Legend

Lions office open today 10 to 4 pm. BB
Wear orange or wear nothing
David
Team Captain

In-stadium communication continues to be a weakness. You wouldn't think it possible with a PA announcer and a giant scoreboard but the Lions still manage to squander opportunities. The time to get people to commit to the West Semi is when they're captive and emotions are high. Why would you not announce this several times in the 4th Qtr and have staff ready after the game to process ticket orders? I bought mine at the Surrey office when I was out there, so it's not like it can't be done. Heck, even announce "buy your tickets right after the game and receive a FREE Lions hat." Every little bit helps when you only have a week to sell this game, right?

And where was "Fan Appreciation" this year? They decided to have the Game Ball presentation on the field right after the game (good idea) but chose to keep it a secret until fans were already filing out of the stadium or had already left (bad idea). I was almost at the concourse when I heard....and I always stay 'til the bitter end. Try turning around then and getting past that sea of humanity back to your seat. Yea right! :dizzy: Again, this should have been liberally promoted in the 4th quarter while the beat down was on. Better yet, why not announce that one lucky fan was also going to be presented a game ball (drawn from a list of long time season ticket holder or fans that travel the farthest)?

At times there's an appalling lack of foresight and creativity in this organization.

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
Matt Baker
Rookie

dawg3648 wrote:Agreed Matty, but lets hope there's a planned full blown campaign this week (Family 4-Pack?). It's been 5 years since a home playoff game and its right there for the taking, with the Nux being so bad. It was great atmosphere on Sat with 26K plus in there.

On a side note. Do you know why the hell there are still Whitecaps banners all up and down Robson and Cambie Bridge?
No idea on the Whitecaps banners.
Matt Baker
Rookie

David wrote:In-stadium communication continues to be a weakness. You wouldn't think it possible with a PA announcer and a giant scoreboard but the Lions still manage to squander opportunities. The time to get people to commit to the West Semi is when they're captive and emotions are high. Why would you not announce this several times in the 4th Qtr and have staff ready after the game to process ticket orders? I bought mine at the Surrey office when I was out there, so it's not like it can't be done. Heck, even announce "buy your tickets right after the game and receive a FREE Lions hat." Every little bit helps when you only have a week to sell this game, right?

And where was "Fan Appreciation" this year? They decided to have the Game Ball presentation on the field right after the game (good idea) but chose to keep it a secret until fans were already filing out of the stadium or had already left (bad idea). I was almost at the concourse when I heard....and I always stay 'til the bitter end. Try turning around then and getting past that sea of humanity back to your seat. Yea right! :dizzy: Again, this should have been liberally promoted in the 4th quarter while the beat down was on. Better yet, why not announce that one lucky fan was also going to be presented a game ball (drawn from a list of long time season ticket holder or fans that travel the farthest)?

At times there's an appalling lack of foresight and creativity in this organization.

I understand your frustration.. But the fact of the matter is there is a specific script that must be followed, sponsored reads, in game contests, PSA's, special announcements etc... It's all arranged before the game.So there wouldn't have been room/time to simply announce it throughout the 4th quarter. I think a majority of the people inside know what's at stake. Win and we host. So what's the need? Honestly? Like I said earlier, we've been pumping the hell out of it on social media, for the last 2-3 weeks, and I think the initial response has been positive. I would expect a full lower bowl next week. Shouldn't matter that the hockey team is playing across the street IMO.
chwk_lionsfan
Rookie

They announced the game ball ceremony during the 3rd quarter as well. Not just at the end of the game.
David
Team Captain

Thanks Matt. The "need" as I see it, is to take patrons' money. There were a lot of non-season ticket holders at the game. Set up something on the concourse post-game to convert the emotion of the win into commitments for next Sunday - don't give them the chance to sleep on it and come up with excuses not to go. When you have the chance to close, you take it.

I understand the script that must be followed, but surely something like this could have been communicated. I guess I don't get the need for constant crowd shots on the Jumbotron (maybe fewer shots of the 200lb belly dancer??). It's a great tool, but it's not used as effectively as it could be, IMHO.

Roar, You Lions, Roar
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

David wrote:Thanks Matt. The "need" as I see it, is to take patrons' money. There were a lot of non-season ticket holders at the game. Set up something on the concourse post-game to convert the emotion of the win into commitments for next Sunday - don't give them the chance to sleep on it and come up with excuses not to go. When you have the chance to close, you take it.

I understand the script that must be followed, but surely something like this could have been communicated. I guess I don't get the need for constant crowd shots on the Jumbotron (maybe fewer shots of the 200lb belly dancer??). It's a great tool, but it's not used as effectively as it could be, IMHO.

Agree, they can easily slot in a few advertising for the WFC semi final by eliminating the Muscle Flex, Kiss Cams
J5V
Rookie

Anybody hear anything on how ticket sales for the WSF are going ?

Looking at TM it looks pretty decent. Between the goal lines there are higher bottom bowl seats around the goal line and various singles left. Still plenty of seats along the sides of the endzones and around the back of the endzones available.
malcolmm
prospect

J5V wrote:Anybody hear anything on how ticket sales for the WSF are going ?

Looking at TM it looks pretty decent. Between the goal lines there are higher bottom bowl seats around the goal line and various singles left. Still plenty of seats along the sides of the endzones and around the back of the endzones available.
Myself and a couple of friends are hoping to go to the game.

When I check on TM there are very few areas where we can get 3 seats together, none in areas that we would by interested in. Are there really so few seats available - if so why not open the upper deck?

If a lot of the seats are being held for season ticket holders why am I getting inundated with emails to buy tickets to the game when almost nothing is available at the moment. Three people primed to buy higher priced tickets and we will probably end up watching the game on TV. Most people aren't going to continue to go back to TM to check whether more seats will become available later in the week.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

The TM map should be more accurate after today. Seats are being held back for season ticket holders until 5 p.m. Monday.
VICIOUSCIRCLE
All Star

Gave the team permission to charge me as soon as the game was confirmed! Anyone predict that they would have finished 12 - 6? I didn't but
i like it, the future is bright with this bunch. It was a great season, exciting product, fun atmosphere. Looking forward to Sunday, one game at a time.

Go Lions Go!
malcolmm
prospect

B.C.FAN wrote:The TM map should be more accurate after today. Seats are being held back for season ticket holders until 5 p.m. Monday.
Thanks, I thought that might be the reason for the poor selection of seats.

I'm still puzzled as to why the Lions have blitzed myself and my friends over the last few days with emails about buying tickets for the game. Most people will check TM once, see there is nothing much available and give up. The email should have mentioned that seats are being held back until this evening, or the emails shouldn't have been sent out until tonight.
J5V
Rookie

A lot more available on TM tonight. Most of it behind the goal lines and a few fairly good seats available on the sidelines.

Plenty of the all-in $ 38, $47 and $57 tickets available. We'll see if people are willing to pay this. Not very family friendly at all, however, cheaper than a lot of other sporting events.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

J5V wrote:Anybody hear anything on how ticket sales for the WSF are going ?

Spoke to my Accounts Manager this afternoon. Said things are crazy at the Lions office with season ticket holders purchasing their playoff tickets. Have a feeling that it's going to be a big crowd this Sunday
Qman
Champion

J5V wrote:A lot more available on TM tonight. Most of it behind the goal lines and a few fairly good seats available on the sidelines.

Plenty of the all-in $ 38, $47 and $57 tickets available. We'll see if people are willing to pay this. Not very family friendly at all, however, cheaper than a lot of other sporting events.
your basically looking at all the non-season ticket holder seats.

most season ticketholders are on the sidelines ... only a few in the endzones