Eskimos name Jason Maas their Head Coach ... cfl.ca

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

leo4life wrote:Funny dont see Hervey asking Bouno to talk to any of "his coaching staff" so far lmao.Any idea who will step in as OC? If Jones or Chapdelaine return i will email Mr.Skulsky to tell him why im not renewing.This club is going backwards if that were to happen.At least a change on ST is being forced on him finally.Wonder if Wally would look at Greg Marshall for new DC? Or promote Johnny Holland a former NFL LB?
That's not Hervey's call. It will be Maas' job to do and he can't do that until he's officially in the Eskimo igloo.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Madani ...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

Jimmy Johnson's Game Keys: Protect the ball. Make plays.

Walter Payton's Advice to Kids: Play hard. Play fair. Have fun.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Ottawa and Edmonton heading to mediation to settle issue of compensation

http://www.tsn.ca/talent/eskimos-redbla ... g-1.408987
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

http://www.cfl.ca/2015/12/14/eskimos-na ... ead-coach/

Bold move by Hervey. Maas has very little coaching experience.

Hervey has guts.
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

http://www.cfl.ca/2015/12/14/jason-maas ... ead-coach/

Hervey introduces Maas. Maas speaks to the press.

One year as receiver coach. One year as QB coach. One year as OC. Awfully green, but that is not to say he cannot succeed.

I wonder if Ed Hervey talked to Mike Benevides about the Head Coaching position.

Will Benny resurface this year as a coach in the CFL? DC somewhere. Edmonton?

Blitz
Team Captain

WestCoastJoe wrote:http://www.cfl.ca/2015/12/14/jason-maas ... ead-coach/

Hervey introduces Maas. Maas speaks to the press.

One year as receiver coach. One year as QB coach. One year as OC. Awfully green, but that is not to say he cannot succeed.

I wonder if Ed Hervey talked to Mike Benevides about the Head Coaching position.

Will Benny resurface this year as a coach in the CFL? DC somewhere. Edmonton?
I wouldnt' be surprised to see Benevedes become the DC in Edmonton. His style of defense does not match with Jones but his time off coaching and working the sidelines may have given him some new perspectives, away from Wally's influence. Edmonton will want to continue with an aggressive style of defense that worked so well for them under Jones.

Jaason Maas will bring his modified West Coast style of offence to Edmonton. That should make Edmonton's offence even better. It will be difficult for anyone, though, to replicate the work of Jones on the defensive side of the football.
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

It will be interesting to see what type of defence Benevides run, now that he's away from the influence of Buono.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

JohnnyMusso
Champion

If Thorpe is released, he is new DC in Eskimos. Likely Eskimos pay for him with a 33rd or 4th round draft pick. They can't hold Thorpe back, but they can make Esks pay and charge them for tampering. If Thorpe there, will Benevides end up there too. I doubt it. Special teams is not his speciality. He may end going to Montreal to replace Thorpe is he goes to Eskimos.
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

JohnnyMusso wrote:If Thorpe is released, he is new DC in Eskimos. Likely Eskimos pay for him with a 33rd or 4th round draft pick. They can't hold Thorpe back, but they can make Esks pay and charge them for tampering. If Thorpe there, will Benevides end up there too. I doubt it. Special teams is not his speciality. He may end going to Montreal to replace Thorpe is he goes to Eskimos.
Wasn't Benevides a Special Teams coach prior to becoming a DC? He might take a STC job just to get back into coaching but I think he should stick with TSN where he has done pretty well.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Benny to Edmonton? I don't think Benny will get a HC gig until he first returns to the ranks as a DC. Just IMO ...

Thorpe stays in Montreal.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.