2014 Locker-room sale?

BC Lions History and Discussion, CFL and BC Lions Collectibles

Moderator: Team Captains

notahomer
Hall of Famer

This will probably happen this Saturday or Sunday right? There is always a locker-room sale the weekend after Grey Cup, IIRC. I'm expecting an email annoucing it soon. This will be better than other years simply because there is often left-over Grey Cup swag to sell too. For e.g. I wasn't at the Grey Cup but you can usually pick up a program for $5......
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

notahomer wrote:This will probably happen this Saturday or Sunday right? There is always a locker-room sale the weekend after Grey Cup, IIRC. I'm expecting an email annoucing it soon. This will be better than other years simply because there is often left-over Grey Cup swag to sell too. For e.g. I wasn't at the Grey Cup but you can usually pick up a program for $5......
I still have the emails re: last year's LRS. They first emailed about it on Thu Nov 21 (three days before GC), then again on Tue Nov 26, two days after, and it went ahead on Sat Nov 30:
Don't forget - we will be holding our highly anticipated and annual BC Lions Locker Room Sale on Saturday, November 30th, 2013 at BC Place from 11:00am to 3:00pm! As a season ticket holder you have access to an exclusive presale from 9:00am to 11:00am. Just print this email and present it upon entry at Gate H (access just off the Terry Fox Plaza) in order to gain access before the general public.

Adam Bighill, Solomon Elimimian and Emmanuel Arceneaux will be available for autographs from 10:00am to 12:00pm and Keron Williams and J.R Larose available from 12:00pm to 2:00pm.

We also currently have several signed items still available via auction HERE. This auction site will be live until tomorrow at 8:59pm.
I was actually thinking last week it was odd I hadn't heard anything about it but we'll prob get an email about it tomorrow (Tue).

There was also an email on Thu Dec 5 re: a second sale last year held on Thu Dec 12, about two weeks after the LRS. Not sure if they always do a 2nd sale every year but here's what the email said about it:
"LAST CHANCE" HOLIDAY SALE SET FOR NEXT THURSDAY

The BC Lions Football Club will hold a ‘Last Chance’ holiday sale on Thursday, December 12th from 4:00pm to 8:00pm at the team’s practice facility in Surrey, BC.

This will be fans’ final opportunity to purchase 2013 player-worn gear from the likes of Travis Lulay, Andrew Harris, Adam Bighill and Solomon Elimimian and a limited selection of home and away jerseys and helmets will be up for grabs.

In addition, fans can take advantage of special pricing on select 2013 BC Lions merchandise, including a ‘Buy 2, get 3rd Free’ deal.

With the holiday season upon us, the Last Chance sale is the purrfect place to pick up your official 2013 Lions gear for the fanatics on your list.

EVENT DETAILS
Thursday, December 12, 2013
BC Lions ‘Last Chance’ Holiday Sale
Where: Lions Practice Facility (10605 City Parkway, Surrey)
When: 4:00 – 8:00 pm PT
I suspect there might be a 2nd sale again this year if they have extra Grey Cup merch to clear out as you suggest.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
notahomer
Hall of Famer

Yes, you are probably right, sj-roc, I was hoping to get an email by now but tomorrow will do.....

I always get there fairly early but not too early. One thing I will give them (the Lions) a :thup: for is that they honour the STHolder thing now. The first few years I went they said the first two hours were season ticket holders only but anybody showed up. Now they do make you provide the email in order to get in.....

One drawback I have heard from other attendees is that they stagger some of the stuff now. For e.g. some helmets and/or jersies don't make it out right away. Not a big deal for me, I'm usuallly looking for deals on other stuff but it does mean for your serious collector, you gotta go back in case the guys you were looking for were not put out right away....
Spud387
Champion

Best comparison is 2011, BC Lions hosted a grey cup that year and had GC merchandise to sell. Grey Cup was on Nov. 27th, Sale was on Sat. Dec 3rd. The e-mail notification went out on Dec 1st, only 2 days before. Word of it was in the media before that, but the official e-mail to ST holders didn't go out until the Thursday.
Spud387
Champion

Info just posted

SAVE THE DATE!
Event: BC Lions Locker Room Sale
Date: Saturday, December 13th
Time: Season ticket holder exclusive window 10:00AM to 11:00AM, open to all until 2:00PM.
cromartie
Hall of Famer

So...will they be selling a lot of used coaches hoodies? Because some of the older ones MB used to wear were pretty awesome.
notahomer
Hall of Famer

Had it all set up to attend with the guy I have STickets with. He's busy on the 13th so the Lions are outta luck. He's got one thing I gotta pick up for him if I can find one (its a T-shirt, so no worries to you jersey/helmet collectors). His words when he found out the date was not the usual post-Grey Cup Saturday "oh well, the Lions just saved me $200".......
.G.
All Star

notahomer wrote:Had it all set up to attend with the guy I have STickets with. He's busy on the 13th so the Lions are outta luck. He's got one thing I gotta pick up for him if I can find one (its a T-shirt, so no worries to you jersey/helmet collectors). His words when he found out the date was not the usual post-Grey Cup Saturday "oh well, the Lions just saved me $200".......
The Whitecaps sale is on the 6th, so 13th was most logical.

If anyone with an early entry letter (or whatever they require) and are willing to pass it along to me, I would really appreciate it. Also, if you're allowed more than one entry with your letter I'm willing to get there at 5am to line up and you could meet me there :)
MABEY!
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

.G. wrote:
notahomer wrote:Had it all set up to attend with the guy I have STickets with. He's busy on the 13th so the Lions are outta luck. He's got one thing I gotta pick up for him if I can find one (its a T-shirt, so no worries to you jersey/helmet collectors). His words when he found out the date was not the usual post-Grey Cup Saturday "oh well, the Lions just saved me $200".......

If anyone with an early entry letter (or whatever they require) and are willing to pass it along to me, I would really appreciate it. Also, if you're allowed more than one entry with your letter I'm willing to get there at 5am to line up and you could meet me there :)
Whereabouts do you live ?
notahomer
Hall of Famer

.G. wrote:

Glad the Whitecaps were able to get the 6th but the 6th was the most logical for Canadian Football fans, IMO. The Subway Bowl is being held at BC Place that day too, guess they didn't want any parents or kids getting distracted by buying BC Lions stuff while watching Highschool football games. Well, at least they get to take in a Whitecaps sale instead :wink: .....

IIRC, the sales start time is a little later than usual too. Thats fine with me, I can always use some extra :sleep:
.G.
All Star

^ The Caps announced their sale back in mid November, maybe just a case of claiming the date first?

Also I have been offered an early entry LionKing, but thanks for reaching out.
MABEY!
Everlast75
prospect

Hello

If anyone does have a early access email or available to get me in I am interested..

Can supply Timmy's on the day of the sale

Thanks
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

What's your email address ?
notahomer
Hall of Famer

For me personally...... :thdn:

Limited Lions gear. Obvious, the usual game worn jerseys/helmets. Most of the stuff (75%, IMO) was Grey Cup stuff.

Bought one tshirt at about 60% off...... Got a free Grey Cup program with my purchase :thup:
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

As I suspected near the start of this thread there will be, as there was last year, a second "Last Chance Christmas Sale" next week. This is the email I got about an hour ago:
If you didn't have the chance to attend our BC Lions Locker Room sale today, we're pleased to let you know you have one more chance to get your hands on great deals on BC Lions merchandise at our Surrey facility on Tuesday, December 16th from 4:00PM until 7:00PM during our Last Chance Christmas Sale. This is your opportunity to get those last minute gifts taken care of for your family and friends, or even for yourself. We'll have some great deals available, with some items as low as 90% off regular retail price!

Please note that all sales at this event will be final with no returns, and no additional discounts may be applied to the prices shown.

Event: BC Lions Last Chance Christmas Sale
Date: Tuesday, December 16th
Time: 4:00PM to 7:00PM
Location: BC Lions Practice Facility at 10605 City Parkway in Surrey, BC (just a few blocks from the Gateway Skytrain station)

We hope to see you on Tuesday!

Serving you with PRIDE,

Your BC Lions Fan Customer Services Team
Tuesday also happens to be the deadline to get 2015 STs at reduced (2014) rates.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.