Lions 37 - TiCats 17 Post Game Stats and Comments

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Stats up next ...

We finally caught a team not quite bringing its A game.

I guess Lulay was OK.

But he missed some reads.

Some passes were wobbly.

Maybe he needs to be more intense. :wink:

And where has this been all year? Kind of mediocre ...

Kidding, kidding ...
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

PASSING CP/AT YDS TD INT
T. LULAY 27/34 343 2 0
M. REILLY 3/4 30 0 0

RECEIVING REC YDS TD LG
S. GORE 8 85 0 16
C. TAYLOR 6 93 1 21
N. MOORE 5 75 0 22
A. HARRIS 5 53 1 26
M. IANNUZZI 2 30 0 24
A. FOSTER 2 25 0 18
E. JACKSON 1 9 0 9
T. BROWN 1 3 0 3

RUSHING ATT YDS TD LG
A. HARRIS 15 59 1 9
T. BROWN 3 12 0 7
T. LULAY 1 10 0 10
E. JACKSON 1 8 0 8
M. REILLY 1 1 1 1

FUMBLES NO LST REC YDS
K. WILLIAMS 0 0 1 0
FIELD GOALS FG LG XP PTS
P. MCCALLUM
3/3 40 4/4 13
PUNTING NO AVG NET LG
P. MCCALLUM 2 39.5 53 50
PUNT RETURNS NO YDS AVG LG TD
T. BROWN 4 38 9.5 16 0
KICKOFFS NO YDS LG SG
P. MCCALLUM 8 456 62 0
KICK RETURNS NO YDS AVG LG TD
T. BROWN 3 104 34.7 77 0

DEFENCE TKL SK INT FF
B. PARKER 5 0 0 0
A. MCKENZIE 3 0 0 0
K. SMITH 3 0 0 0
A. BIGHILL 2 1 0 1
K. WILLIAMS 2 1 0 0
R. PHILLIPS 2 0 0 1
B. JORDAN 2 0 0 0
D. MARSH 2 0 0 0
C. MUAMBA 2 0 0 0
A. REDDICK 2 0 0 0
K. BANKS 1 0 0 0
S. ELIMIMIAN 1 0 0 0
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

PASSING CP/AT YDS TD INT
H. BURRIS 22/31 228 1 0

RECEIVING REC YDS TD LG
S. GIGUERE 5 47 0 17
C. WILLIAMS 5 30 0 15
A. FANTUZ 4 55 0 26
D. STALA 3 56 0 25
B. GRANT 3 30 1 13
A. COBOURNE 1 6 0 6
D. STEPHENSON 1 4 0 4

RUSHING ATT YDS TD LG
A. COBOURNE 7 56 1 20
H. BURRIS 1 2 0 2
C. WALKER 1 1 0 1

FUMBLES NO LST REC YDS
H. BURRIS 1 1 0 0
D. STALA 1 0 0 0
FIELD GOALS FG LG XP PTS
L. CONGI
1/2 35 0/0 3
PUNTING NO AVG NET LG
J. BARTEL 5 37.4 149 43
PUNT RETURNS NO YDS AVG LG TD
C. WILLIAMS 1 26 26.0 26 0
KICKOFFS NO YDS LG SG
L. CONGI 3 164 56 0
KICK RETURNS NO YDS AVG LG TD
O. JONES 6 176 29.3 62 0
C. WALKER 1 21 21.0 21 0

DEFENCE TKL SK INT FF
B. CAMPBELL 6 1 0 0
D. WEBB 6 0 0 0
R. WILLIAMS 6 0 0 0
A. MURILLO 5 0 0 0
M. YOUNG 5 0 0 0
T. MOORE 4 0 0 0
K. EIBEN 4 0 0 0
J. MCELVEEN 3 0 0 0
C. RWABUKAMBA 3 0 0 0
G. PEACH 2 0 0 0
R. COLCLOUGH 2 0 0 0
M. DILE 1 0 0 0
J. SMITH 1 0 0 0
G. TISDALE 1 0 0 0
MikeAK
All Star

Congrats to Harris and the Lions. Great game. Beer buzz left intact. ;)
Upper Bowl
Starter

Thoughts:

-Lulay's best game of the season, bar none; he was just so strong, and so accurate, maybe the game that wins him MOP

-it's just a shame Gore won't get much consideration for best Canadian (because Harris has been so great) but is there a better/more reliable receiver in the league than Gore right now?

-I thought there were some stronger signs of life from Sol this game

-McKenzie seems livelier and more effective in the 3-4

-earlier in the season I felt bad for Hamilton, believing they were unlucky to have such a bad record, but now they're just not worthy of the playoffs

-maybe the only weak spot for the Lions was kick coverage, but that's obviously a strength of the Cats

-felt bad for Parker after he had another pick wiped out by a bogus call (just like in Toronto)

-another strong performance by Courtney Taylor; how can he not stay in the line-up??
Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

Harris!! Congrats! Imagine just his second year as a major player! About the only negative I can find is that the Lions have given Edmonton some motivation LOL :yahoo:
Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

Amd how about how Lulay bounced off that out of bounds run in with the cart?? Buck or DD would have been out for 3 games after something like that. Lulay's durability is amazing!
SammyGreene
Team Captain

Nice and a great relief to see a game unfold the way it should between 10-4 and 5-9 teams.

Statement game for Lulay on why he should be seriously considered as a repeat MOP winner. Brilliant performance.

Statement game of why Chapdelaine should be a solid candidate for the HC job in Ottawa and bring #13 with him. Brilliant game plan.
notahomer
Hall of Famer

Enjoyable game to watch for the most part......

Start with the negs (there weren't many so I may as well get them outta the way)

McCallum has spoiled me the past couple seasons. The aging vet was proving himself. Now I wonder if he may need a possible replacement to push him. I realize we got someone in the wings but I wonder if McCallum is missing the competition he had for his job? Booted a kickoff out of bounds that helped the Ticats on their first drive. Ugly punt that went out of bounds, then again he probably had to take some off of that one hoping to get it out of bounds inside the 20.

Foster got a catch (actually 2)!!! Considering how things were going I had forgotten he was suiting up for the Lions.

That hit on Iannuzzi was tough to watch. I'm not slagging the calls or the Ticats involved with the play. I know what its like to have a concussion and that hit looked awful. Okay, technically not the hit but the way Iannuzzi's head bounced off the turf. Hope he's okay, he looked better when he returned to the sideline later.

Onto the good.

Sure was fun to watch a nice dominating opening drive that ended the 'is Lulay going to pass for a td chatter' early.

Harris was amazing to watch, like the stumbling he managed to turn into another 6 yards. Nice to see him break a CFL record for Canadians too on one of the final plays of the game....

Really love the culture of this team. The defence was smashmouth late in the game. Just seem to have a good combo of vets, youngsters plus a culture that just wants you to do your job so that the winning can take care of itself.

Fun way to end a work week. No character win tonight. Reilly taking snaps with lots of time left to go. Can't wait until seeing those Esks strap on the pads next Friday...
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

How about that TOP; it was virtually a 2-to-1 edge.

BC, 39:59
Ham, 20:01

Lulay's grandmother passed away yesterday; he had to be playing with a heavy heart tonight.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
agent2
All Star

I think that first half was about the best half I've ever seen a Lions QB play, and I've seen a few! Harris... :cheer:
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Must be hard on Lulay knowing his grandmother passed away yesterday. He was absolutely brilliant, completing the 1st 14 passes. He had an answer to what Hamilton was trying to do.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

That was the best game of the year for the offence. It's great to open the game with a TD for the second straight week. Lulay was in MOP form.

Congratulations to Andrew Harris for picking up 121 yards from scrimmage and two TDs on 21 offensive touches to break Terry Evanshen's 45-year-old CFL season record for yards by a Canadian. Harris needs 17 yards rushing next week to reach 1,000 for the season.

Courtney Taylor and Nick Moore were solid in place of Bruce and Simon. It could be an interesting offseason. Shawn Gore also made a lot of clutch catches. Ernest Jackson didn't do anything to earn a spot in the lineup next week. In a game where receivers were open all over the field. Jackson had just one catch for 9 yards and one rush for 8 yards.

Hamilton's defence is a joke, and the offence was flat tonight, with a lot of dropped passes and two-and-outs. Avon Cobourne is their best weapon but he had only 8 touches.

Each team had a long kickoff return in the fourth quarter to set up a TD but the Lions neutralized Chris Williams on special teams by only punting twice, one of which went out of bounds at the 12-yard line, and by going a purrfect 3 for 3 on field goals. Any time you can hold your own on special teams against Hamilton, you give yourself a good chance to win the game.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Some impressions ...

Keron Williams. :thup:

Khreem Smith :thup:

Jabar Westerman :thup:

Anton McKenzie :thup: Byron Parker The Gambler :thup:

Jacques Chapdelaine :thup: Ottawa should make him Head Coach

Rich Stubler :thup:

Tim Brown :thup:

Andrew Harris :thup:

Travis Lulay :thup: And condolences on your Grandma's passing.

Gore :thup:

Moore :thup:

Taylor :thup:

Great game plans by JC and Stubes.

Benny had the team in a great frame of mind.

Burris wadn't bad, but couldn't keep up with Lulay.

Nice to control a game from start to finish.

Hamilton was intense but Lulay's amazing sharpness dimmed the TiCats' fire.

Hard hitting.

I am disgusted that coaches teach head shots. And Webb goes for head shots. There is no place in the game for head shots.

So many defenders stick their helmet into the chin, into the back of the head, into the chest. I look forward to the time when helmet hits are out of the game, and that time will come. Concussion avoidance will make it happen.
274always
All Star

MikeAK wrote:Congrats to Harris and the Lions. Great game. Beer buzz left intact. ;)
I second that. :beauty:
Grey Cup 103. Graduation day.