old Lions joke....

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

David
Team Captain

To lighten the mood, I found this in an old copy of "Hashmarks," a BC Lions newspaper publication. This joke was probably spawned sometime during their years of futility (from 1965 through 1976, the club didn't have a single season with a record above :500, and only made the playoffs 3x in that 12 year span).

An American couple wandered by a practice field where the Lions were going through a series of drills. After a couple of minutes, the husband leans over to his wife and observes, "ya know, they're not a bad football team for a town this size."

Only problem was, they were at the team's training camp in Courtenay.

:wink:

(for those out-of-town fans, Courtenay is a little town of about 20,000 on east coast of Vancouver Island, where the club used to stage most of their training camps)

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

multipulti wrote:Всем приветик, прошу вашего внимания.
Лауреат конкурса домашних видео фильмов "Один день первоклашки"
Дайте свою оценку, пожалуйста.
:whs:
Real women wear orange!!
Lions4ever
Hall of Famer

Russian troll-spam now?

Hello Everyone , I beg your attention . Winner of the contest home video film " One Day in the first-graders , " Give your assessment , please
notahomer
Hall of Famer

Lions4ever wrote:Russian troll-spam now?

Hello Everyone , I beg your attention . Winner of the contest home video film " One Day in the first-graders , " Give your assessment , please
His/her friend 'Metropolis' is interested in the game day promotions/ giveaways in the Events room too!
David
Team Captain

multipulti wrote:Всем приветик, прошу вашего внимания. Лауреат конкурса домашних видео фильмов "Один день первоклашки" Дайте свою оценку, пожалуйста.

Turns out you're all wrong. Cyrillic translates to:

Mr. David, you are comic genius. Joke going over well in homeland. Cause many more laughter than Yakov Smirnoff. My comrades wish for you to book comedy club one month at "Один день первоклашки" (Yuk Yuks, Saint Petersburg). Payment received is 50 rubles per night.

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar