My new jerseys!

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

woody
Champion

:beer: My Lions jerseys finally arrived!

I like the way they feel way better than the old jerseys.
Last edited by woody on Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
notahomer
Hall of Famer

They look AWESOME!!!!

BTW, could you expand on the 'feel' of the jersey? I'm not being sarcastic here. I'm curious as to what you mean? The fit, the fabric etc...

I've never bought a jersey, probably should. Me and white fabric don't seem to get along too well......
woody
Champion

The old jerseys felt lighter to many little holes in the mesh part.The new jersey feels thicker more solid,and the material is not as shiney as the old jersey.I also like that the lions logo on the shoulder is now a patch and not printed on .
David
Team Captain

I just ordered a #33 Harris from Sports & Stuff and look forward to picking it up next week. I hope it's a slightly darker orange like the players wear. The ones they sell on the concourse at BC Place seem to be a brighter orange.

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

David wrote:I just ordered a #33 Harris from Sports & Stuff and look forward to picking it up next week. I hope it's a slightly darker orange like the players wear. The ones they sell on the concourse at BC Place seem to be a brighter orange.

Aren't all the retail jerseys the same jersey whether you get one from Sports n Stuff or at BC Place? I think the prices are the same.
dtrain
Starter

Yes they're all the same jerseys, but I agree the new fabric is a slightly paler orange, I noticed that first time I saw them. I prefer the previous orange, slightly darker. Hopefully they can improve on this in the future. Another small detail: I wish they would have got rid of that oval style stitch pattern around the chest, and gone back to a more traditional stitch style like all other teams did. (ok, I'm picky! :)
MikeAK
All Star

Congrats on your new jersey! I'm not buying anymore Lions jersey's until they stop using woman's yoga colors as the base. haha
Heathcliff
Rookie

dtrain wrote: Another small detail: I wish they would have got rid of that oval style stitch pattern around the chest, and gone back to a more traditional stitch style like all other teams did. (ok, I'm picky! :)
Call me picky too, because I hate that oval style stitch. At least the piping that used to go with it is gone. I would prefer a darker orange color for the Lions uniforms (think that gorgeous burnt orange from the retro jerseys with the orange sleeves and black numbers). I think it would look more intimidating. But even for all my pickyness I would have to say the Lions have the best looking uniforms in the league by far. Nice additions to your wardrobe, woody :beauty:
almo89
Legend

Do they sell authentic jerseys at their practice facility?
David
Team Captain

One change to the away jersey this year that I like, is the wider orange/black collar. :thup:

I still much prefer the '60s away uniform, but this is a slight improvement.

Roar, You Lions, Roar
woody
Champion

Does anyone know if the Lions are coming out with a new 3rd jersey?If they do i hope its a retro 80s style lions jersey.I would love to get #9
Zarquon
Champion

woody wrote:Does anyone know if the Lions are coming out with a new 3rd jersey?If they do i hope its a retro 80s style lions jersey.I would love to get #9
Not this year. Confirmed by Dennis Skulsky.
Meus occupatio est ut calcitro vestri clunis.
David
Team Captain

woody wrote:Does anyone know if the Lions are coming out with a new 3rd jersey?If they do i hope its a retro 80s style lions jersey.I would love to get #9

But isn't the '80s look pretty much what they play in now? I mean, if you replace the black trim with brown and add some stripes around the socks, they're practically the same uniform.

Roar, You Lions, Roar
sports & stuff----ric
Champion

David wrote:I just ordered a #33 Harris from Sports & Stuff and look forward to picking it up next week. I hope it's a slightly darker orange like the players wear. The ones they sell on the concourse at BC Place seem to be a brighter orange.

thanks david for supporting us who sponsor this website! :rockin:

are jerseys are stitched name and numbers and lionbackers get a better price.
dtrain
Starter

Heathcliff wrote:
dtrain wrote: Another small detail: I wish they would have got rid of that oval style stitch pattern around the chest, and gone back to a more traditional stitch style like all other teams did. (ok, I'm picky! :)
Call me picky too, because I hate that oval style stitch. At least the piping that used to go with it is gone. I would prefer a darker orange color for the Lions uniforms (think that gorgeous burnt orange from the retro jerseys with the orange sleeves and black numbers). I think it would look more intimidating. But even for all my pickyness I would have to say the Lions have the best looking uniforms in the league by far. Nice additions to your wardrobe, woody :beauty:

One more thing: not a fan of the new style collars - too large, they tend to stand up more and be a bit too wide, the previous style fit better all around. That said, I sure hope they don't ever go to some of the hideous 2 tone styles we're seeing on some of the new NFL jerseys (Saints, Vikings, Bengals).