Mike Benevides Show - TEAM1040

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

McLetchie
Rookie

Folks,

If you missed the Mike Benevides show from earlier tonight, here's the link:

http://www.teamradio.ca/podcast/mike_be ... Honda~.mp3

Iain
Luke
All Star

I heard tonight's show. I thought it was pretty good. I loved Benny's answer about training camp and preparation vs. evaluation in terms of getting ready for the season. His remark about having 26 practices and 10 two-a-days (I believe?) to evaluate seemed like one of those comments that seems like common sense after he said it, but it needed to be said for it to be the case. If that makes any sense.

OTOH, the Lions have such a veteran roster, and so few spots to fill, how much evaluation really needs to be done? Its not like Sask. where they're literally filling at least six or eight starting spots.

I'm really excited for this season. :beer: :roar:
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

McLetchie wrote:Folks,

If you missed the Mike Benevides show from earlier tonight, here's the link:

http://www.teamradio.ca/podcast/mike_be ... Honda~.mp3

Iain
Thanks for posting. IMO the Moj is just excellent. Another great show.

Benny gave credit to Roy Shivers for the depth we have now at receiver and the D Line, amongst others. These are areas where we used to have trouble finding top talent.

Later, in talking to Giulio, it was interesting to hear that Benny is giving so much time to vets in the preseason games. The rookies really only have a quarter or two to make an impression. And also it seems that the team is virtually already picked. And that the guys being let go are really good players too, guys like Beau Bell and Jeremy Geathers. A testament to the depth of the team.

Also some criticism of the Ricky Ray trade, giving up a marquee QB bad enough, but not having a top guy as his replacement. They got little or nothing back. Ricky Ray won them a lot of games, pretty much on his own.

Riders had too much change. 3 new LBs, et cetera. Too much turnover.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

I've always been a Moj fan as his shows are packed with guests and he doesn't just blather. Mike Benevides is a good interview always which is remarkable for a first year HC as they often lack the experience.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Refreshing to hear Moj talk sports instead of movies yadda, yadda yadda
Luke
All Star

Toppy Vann wrote:I've always been a Moj fan as his shows are packed with guests and he doesn't just blather. Mike Benevides is a good interview always which is remarkable for a first year HC as they often lack the experience.
I find Moj interesting when he's talking football, otherwise its "meh".
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Luke wrote:
Toppy Vann wrote:I've always been a Moj fan as his shows are packed with guests and he doesn't just blather. Mike Benevides is a good interview always which is remarkable for a first year HC as they often lack the experience.
Oh yeah. I really only listen to these Benny shows. Re the movies talk etc, I long ago stopped listening to Taylor and Pratt because of all the non football talk. Blather ...
cromartie
Hall of Famer

Once again, hoping someone from the station comes across this.

I can get game rebroadcasts on iTunes, which I appreciate, but can we get the coaches show as well?
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

WestCoastJoe wrote:I long ago stopped listening to Taylor and Pratt because of all the non football talk. Blather ...
X2
McLetchie
Rookie

Cromartie:

My understanding is that the Benevides show IS available on iTunes, but I'll certainly look into it.

Iain
Luke
All Star

WestCoastJoe wrote:
Luke wrote:
Oh yeah. I really only listen to these Benny shows. Re the movies talk etc, I long ago stopped listening to Taylor and Pratt because of all the non football talk. Blather ...
Agreed. BMac and Taylor is barely listenable most of the year because hockey season never ends. The Lions and even the Whitecaps deserve a lot more attention than they get. My father is a big fan of the show, and I argue with him all the time because it seems like its hockey, hockey, hockey, all the time.
cromartie
Hall of Famer

McLetchie wrote:Cromartie:

My understanding is that the Benevides show IS available on iTunes, but I'll certainly look into it.

Iain
Iain,

It's not available when I search iTunes on a mobile, under BC Lions podcasts. Only Lions games (which, again, I appreciate).
McLetchie
Rookie

I see what you're saying, Cromartie.

I've uploaded the first three episodes into the BC Lions folder, and will see about a specific podcast folder for them. But for now, this should work.

Iain
lbooper
prospect

Thanks 4 the link :rockin:
lbooper
prospect

Thanks 4 the link :rockin: