NEW JERSEYS UNVEILED...

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

cromartie
Hall of Famer

Well, at least they didn't Winnipeg us.
dtrain
Starter

http://twitter.com/#!/BCLions/media/sli ... Foea0qklpj

'new' uniforms? - the removal of the piping is the only change, hardly worth a press conference, they should have just released photos.

how many people will buy a new jersey with such a minor change?
Spud387
Champion

dtrain wrote:http://twitter.com/#!/BCLions/media/sli ... Foea0qklpj

'new' uniforms? - the removal of the piping is the only change, hardly worth a press conference, they should have just released photos.

how many people will buy a new jersey with such a minor change?
I'm kinda hoping I can old an old one at clearance. I was hoping for SOMETHING different.
squishy35
Legend

I like them.... way better without the p**ing....

I'll shell out the cash for a new one.
Lions4ever
Hall of Famer

Yes, good riddance to that dreadful piping, otherwise the roll-out is a total yawner.
No Ordinary Joe
Legend

That's it? Pretty anticlimactic. I actually prefer them WITH the piping, just a hint of color to compliment the orange. I'll look for an "old" one on clearance somewhere.
cromartie
Hall of Famer

No Ordinary Joe wrote:That's it? Pretty anticlimactic. I actually prefer them WITH the piping, just a hint of color to compliment the orange. I'll look for an "old" one on clearance somewhere.
Good luck on that. I've come up more or less empty online.
Lions4ever
Hall of Famer

My biggest nitpick with the piping was that it wasn't consistent. On some jerseys it was rounded at the shoulder, at some it was squared off. Looked silly and the complete antithesis of the concept of something being UNIform (other than name number and size, obviously). Ours wasn't quite as bad as the clown head look of the Stumps, but not that great either.
squishy35
Legend

The eskimos jersey is up now..... It looks pretty nice......
almo89
Legend

Some stripes on the sleeves would have been nice. Are they going with black numbers or white numbers. I prefer black numbers. I like that they stuck with orange as the primary color, but I don't like how it just looks like a plain orange Tshirt.
Ravi
Legend

Blue In BC wrote:The TiCats jerseys get a pass. The other 3 are horrible and as a Bomber fan think theirs are the worst of the lot. Totally uninspired designs.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder for sure. I can tell you that Argo fans, by and large, are thrilled with the new uniforms, especially the away ones. IMO, it is great to see both Toronto and Hamilton go to more classic looks.
Ravi
Legend

squishy35 wrote:The eskimos jersey is up now..... It looks pretty nice......
Edmonton's home ones are very nice but their away uniform is not my cup of tea.
Ravi
Legend

almo89 wrote:Some stripes on the sleeves would have been nice. Are they going with black numbers or white numbers. I prefer black numbers. I like that they stuck with orange as the primary color, but I don't like how it just looks like a plain orange Tshirt.
The Lions should have just gone with their 1970s retro jersey although these new ones are a slight improvement over their previous ones with the removal of that awful piping.
squishy35
Legend

Ravi wrote:
squishy35 wrote:The eskimos jersey is up now..... It looks pretty nice......
Edmonton's home ones are very nice but their away uniform is not my cup of tea.

Agreed.... I didn't see the away ones....... bleah!
almo89
Legend

Ravi wrote:
almo89 wrote:Some stripes on the sleeves would have been nice. Are they going with black numbers or white numbers. I prefer black numbers. I like that they stuck with orange as the primary color, but I don't like how it just looks like a plain orange Tshirt.
The Lions should have just gone with their 1970s retro jersey although these new ones are a slight improvement over their previous ones with the removal of that awful piping.
I agree. The 70s retro was one of the best jerseys because it was simple. The black helmet along with the orange cage gave them a meaner look too. The 70s retro also lets the club keep orange as a primary color. For road jerseys, they should have when with the 60s retros. It would have been a sick combo.