Locker Room Sale 2011

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

B.C.FAN
Team Captain

SammyGreene wrote:Yes David, 9 till noon for STs.
. . . if you have receive an email invitation with your account number, print it out and bring it to the stadium.
smphantom
Legend

What a bloody waste of time! I got there at 9:30 and had to wait in line for half-hour to get in, only to join a long line I thought was browsing merchandise. I left the line to go to the middle of the room to look at stuff, then realized the line I left was also to pay at the 2 cashiers!!!!?????? :thdn:

Instead of once again going to the back of the line, I put my stuff down right in front of George Chayka who wondered why I wasn't buying anything. I told him the setup/layout was BS and I didn't have time to waste waiting another hour or so just to give them my money!

Rick (Sports and Stuff) - You my friend, will get my hard earned $$!! :beauty:
Last edited by smphantom on Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stay thirsty my friends.
notahomer
Hall of Famer

I grabbed a couple nice t's.... One Championship T. Got there real early so the line-up to pay/ get photos with the Cup were short. Sure things have changed now. Some people were picking up the Cup, raising it above their heads, pretending to drink out of it. Lots of great photos. I have a photo from the Lockerroom sale in 2006, so another Lockerroom sale photo was in order.

I was stunned too. They were actually checking to see if you were a season ticket holder this YEAR!!!! Every other year, anybody/everybody just waltzed right in. But this year they were actually checking and collecting the email invites!!!
The_Pauser
Legend

Well I was very happy with the sale this year. The lineup/setup was a little annoying, but nothing that would ruin it for me. I ended up getting to the lineup at around 9:10, and got in at about 9:30. Right away went to the jerseys and helmets and didn't see much left. I was lucky enough to find a Shawn Gore helmet, and quickly snatched that up. The other big names that I put back were Tad Kournegay, Anton MacKenzie and Khreem Smith. Later in the lineup some guy offered his Kory Banks helmet because he was thinking about putting it back, but I was happy with Gore!
Roar you Lions roar!
Ballistic Bob
Legend

smphantom wrote:What a bloody waste of time! I got there at 9:30 and had to wait in line for half-hour to get in, only to join a long line I thought was browsing merchandise. I left the line to go to the middle of the room to look at stuff, then realized the line I left was also to pay at the 2 cashiers!!!!?????? :thdn:

Instead of once again going to the back of the line, I put my stuff down right in front of George Chayka who wondered why I wasn't buying anything. I told him the setup/layout was BS and I didn't have time to waste waiting another hour or so just to give them my money!

Rick (Sports and Stuff) - You my friend, will get my hard earned $$!! :beauty:
11:00 No line ups except for getting a Grey Cup photo and plenty of merchandise left to sell. Left with a Gnome and T. BB
Wear orange or wear nothing
SammyGreene
Team Captain

Just got back from the sale as I was too lazy to go down during the early ST entry. No wait to get in but a good size crowd inside with each cashier line about 10 deep. Bought the Grey Cup ball and promptly got it signed by Wally who was just wondering through the crowd. It was kinda funny... people eventually figured out who it was and there was soon a line-up right in the middle of the sale. Also got it signed by Anton McKenzie and Marco Ianuzzi. Not much left of the helmets and jerseys. The bid for Lulay's jersey was at $900 when we left. Not much of a price break on the Lions gear compared to the Grey Cup stuff but no surprise when your a hot commodity.
The_Pauser
Legend

SammyGreene wrote:Just got back from the sale as I was too lazy to go down during the early ST entry. No wait to get in but a good size crowd inside with each cashier line about 10 deep. Bought the Grey Cup ball and promptly got it signed by Wally who was just wondering through the crowd. It was kinda funny... people eventually figured out who it was and there was soon a line-up right in the middle of the sale. Also got it signed by Anton McKenzie and Marco Ianuzzi. Not much left of the helmets and jerseys. The bid for Lulay's jersey was at $900 when we left. Not much of a prize break on the Lions gear compared to the Grey Cup stuff but no surprise when your a hot commodity.
The bid on the Lulay jersey was at $800 when I left which was around 10:30 this morning, so I guess the bidding has cooled a bit.
Roar you Lions roar!
Spud387
Champion

Did anyone notice that all of the BC Lions Champions hats at the locker room sale were defective? The Lions logo was crooked on all of them.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Spud387 wrote:Did anyone notice that all of the BC Lions Champions hats at the locker room sale were defective? The Lions logo was crooked on all of them.
Hope they were discounted.
David
Team Captain

I've been attending this event for a number of years and I have to think this locker room sale must have been something of a record haul. I got there at about 8:15am and there were already about 40 people in front (I stood in line with Woody). By 8:50am, the lineup snaked right around almost to Terry Fox Plaza.

Refurbished BC Place + recent Grey Cup win + Championship merchandise = $$$. Was disappointed that the only jerseys for sale were the away (whites). The blacks were all given away Sept. 10 (final game at Empire), then I heard they allowed each player to keep his orange jersey as a memento. :thup:

I went back at 2:30pm to purchase another T-shirt and there were still quite a few people shopping. It was a brilliant move (or blind luck?) to schedule this with the High School Football Championships happening at the same time. I think they were able to pick up more customers after the initial season ticket holder crush.

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

The_Pauser wrote:Well I was very happy with the sale this year. The lineup/setup was a little annoying, but nothing that would ruin it for me. I ended up getting to the lineup at around 9:10, and got in at about 9:30. Right away went to the jerseys and helmets and didn't see much left. I was lucky enough to find a Shawn Gore helmet, and quickly snatched that up. The other big names that I put back were Tad Kournegay, Anton MacKenzie and Khreem Smith. Later in the lineup some guy offered his Kory Banks helmet because he was thinking about putting it back, but I was happy with Gore!
How much were the helmets ?
Nard1
prospect

Helmets were $300. Does anyone know why they didnt have any orange jerseys for sale?
BC LIONS GREY CUP CHAMPIONS ~ 1964. 1985 . 1994. 2000 . 2006 . 2011 ~
David
Team Captain

Nard1 wrote:Helmets were $300. Does anyone know why they didnt have any orange jerseys for sale?
Per my post above, they gave them all away to the players as a keepsake.

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Nard1 wrote:
Helmets were $300. Does anyone know why they didnt have any orange jerseys for sale?
Someone posted that the players were permitted to keep the orange jerseys as a momento.

I paid $150.00 for a new helmet several years ago. My how prices have gone up.
notahomer
Hall of Famer

The Lockerroom sale was scheduled the same day as the high school championships the last time I attended it at BC Place (three years ago).

The fastest thing to dissappear, IMO, were the practice balls. Guy behind me in the cashier line scooped three of them. Likes to get them autographed. All the practice balls were gone before I even got in the door and I arrived around 8:15 to line up too!