Grey Cup - Game Day Thread, November 27, 2011

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Tighthead
Legend

Coast Mountain Lion wrote:
Tighthead wrote:That was a terrible half for the Lions. Lulay sailed some easy throws, Gore flinched on the deep one, offence did not flow. Don't like the momentum shift right now.
I'm not sure I'd call a 14-6 lead "terrible" but we're leaving a lot of points on the board, going to back to Chapball after a fast start, pushing the passing game too hard, and letting the Bombers back in the game.
For what we had available to us, and how the half finished, I think it was pretty much terrible. I love having the points, but I bet the Bombers have better energy in their locker room than the Lions do.
Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

Aye Chappy, don't forget the run. :bang: Lulay was a few fingertips away from this being 28-6 at the half. If he settles down a bit, and Chap doesn't regress back to, um, The Chap, we will be in fine shape. If not, we're in for a close one.
joe kapp22
Legend

Changes I'd like to see:

Run at Willis more, right at him, with power, and take advantage with screens over his side.

Blitz Buck a bit less, I suspect they will try to run him more in the 2nd half, right now he is hitting mostly underneath stuff
Know the smallest things and the biggest things, the shallowest things and the deepest things. As if it were a straight road mapped out on the ground ... These things cannot be explained in detail. From one thing, know ten thousand things. When you attain the Way of strategy there will not be one thing you cannot see. You must study hard.
PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

Remember what I said about half-time adjustments, and what would happen if we were to fail to adjust?
"Just Win Baby" ~ Al Davis
cromartie
Hall of Famer

Tighthead wrote:
For what we had available to us, and how the half finished, I think it was pretty much terrible. I love having the points, but I bet the Bombers have better energy in their locker room than the Lions do.
I'm not going to go with terrible either, but it finished much worse than it started and that means they're finding things that work.
Tighthead
Legend

cromartie wrote:
Tighthead wrote:
I'm not going to go with terrible either, but it finished much worse than it started and that means they're finding things that work.
You seconded my first terrible, now you flip-flop? Are you Mitt Romney by chance ...
1greatmysticbushape
Champion

PigSkin_53 wrote:Remember what I said about half-time adjustments, and what would happen if we were to fail to adjust?
we'd totally fool them because they'll assume we were going to adjust - its the old double bluff
Larry Key
Hall of Famer

Man, listening to Bryan Hall makes me ill.
joe kapp22
Legend

PigSkin_53 wrote:Remember what I said about half-time adjustments, and what would happen if we were to fail to adjust?

Well, we are up by 8, Wpg has the opening kickoff, we moved the ball well on our last drive as well.

ST needs to tighten up, JJ is getting long returns and Arakgi had the dumb dumb.
Know the smallest things and the biggest things, the shallowest things and the deepest things. As if it were a straight road mapped out on the ground ... These things cannot be explained in detail. From one thing, know ten thousand things. When you attain the Way of strategy there will not be one thing you cannot see. You must study hard.
Tighthead
Legend

Larry Key wrote:Man, listening to Bryan Hall makes me ill.
Bryan Hall or Nickelback. Serenity now.
No Ordinary Joe
Legend

Not liking the inability to capitalize on our field position thus far. We are not getting in bucks face either. WR have to get a better pass rush established this half and we have to get a stop with this first possession, don't give them any life at all and respond with a good drive of our own. Get it done boys!!
joe kapp22
Legend

1greatmysticbushape wrote:
we'd totally fool them because they'll assume we were going to adjust - its the old double bluff

1greatmysticbushape
Champion

stop that rhyming and I mean it
joe kapp22
Legend

Aaannd here we go!!!
1greatmysticbushape
Champion

holy cleavage