Eskimos @ Lions - Game Day Thread, September 30, 2011

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Opening night for BC Place.

Looking forward to it.

The stadium looks beautiful in the pictures. Getting excellent reviews.

I'm thinking Olympic fever allowed it to slip past all the budget guards. Very little protest against it.

The old mushroom top was full of stale air. This one has the best of real air, plus a roof, plus better seats, sound system, giant screen, top turf, et cetera.

Oh yeah, and there is a game too.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Looking forward to going "home" again after a 2 year absence. Nice to be sitting in a warm stadium with modern amenities such as washrooms.
Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

its gonna be really nice to be home! is it 600 yet? lol
2012 Season Ticket Holder
Spud387
Champion

I feel like a kid on Christmas eve. So excited that the hours are just crawling by.
No Ordinary Joe
Legend

I'm so excited for tonight. Can't wait for doors to open. :yahoo:
notahomer
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:Looking forward to going "home" again after a 2 year absence. Nice to be sitting in a warm stadium with modern amenities such as washrooms.
Definately. Sure hope the Lions don't get too excited. Their dressing room looks beautiful, IMO (watched the BC Lions.com clip). Keep playing the way you have for the last few games.....

I think the Esks do much better than our last set-to. The Lions are able to send us all home happy----- Lions 21 Esks 12
Rammer
Team Captain

notahomer wrote:
TheLionKing wrote:Looking forward to going "home" again after a 2 year absence. Nice to be sitting in a warm stadium with modern amenities such as washrooms.
Definately. Sure hope the Lions don't get too excited. Their dressing room looks beautiful, IMO (watched the BC Lions.com clip). Keep playing the way you have for the last few games.....

I think the Esks do much better than our last set-to. The Lions are able to send us all home happy----- Lions 21 Esks 12
Esks can't do worse, expect a much more difficult time tonight. Pus, they will have seen some of the new plays that the Lions have been running and will have had enough tape on them to prepare, where the Riders/Stamps must have been shocked by that. :cheer:
Entertainment value = an all time low
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

notahomer wrote: Definately. Sure hope the Lions don't get too excited. Their dressing room looks beautiful, IMO (watched the BC Lions.com clip). Keep playing the way you have for the last few games.....

Some reports said the dressing rooms were unchanged except for the Lions' logo on the floor. Glad to hear they don't look shabby compared to the rest of the stadium.

I can't ever bring myself to try to pick a score. I don't see how it can be done, logically. Logic goes out the door once the ball is kicked off.

We seem to have a defence that can make life miserable for Ricky Ray. Will that happen? Who knows?

Lulay seems more than capable of putting up big numbers. Will he? Who knows?

We could blow the Eskimos out. We could lose also. I'm just going to watch. Gonna dress fairly warm too.

Be nice to see Akeem break some deep ones. Johnson too. Bruce too. And of course Geroy.

Be nice to see Harris pound the rock.

Be nice to see Hunt and Mitchell collapse the pocket and get to Ricky Ray.
joe kapp22
Legend

I'm going to be interested to see if Crowd Noise plays a factor in this one, the new layout is new to the fans and staff as well.
Know the smallest things and the biggest things, the shallowest things and the deepest things. As if it were a straight road mapped out on the ground ... These things cannot be explained in detail. From one thing, know ten thousand things. When you attain the Way of strategy there will not be one thing you cannot see. You must study hard.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Two of my friends are casual fans at best bought 4 tickets to tonight's game.
KILLER
Legend

That stadium makes me even more proud to be from Vancouver.
DEATH AWAITS YOU ALL WITH NASTY BIG POINTY TEETH!
KILLER
Legend

Ray runs the shat out of us.
DEATH AWAITS YOU ALL WITH NASTY BIG POINTY TEETH!
Kamloops Lion
All Star

Ray is running like he did last year when the Esks beat us.
Not a good sign.
rareair
All Star

Not a great start. Finally stopped the but took a dumb penalty to extend drive. Need to handle the run better or Ray will feed us our lunch. Need a reply to keep pregame momentum and energy going!
Loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
joe kapp22
Legend

Showing me age, when they kicked the ball off I thought I'd see the flash of bulbs, but nowadays with digital cameras...not going to happen...
Know the smallest things and the biggest things, the shallowest things and the deepest things. As if it were a straight road mapped out on the ground ... These things cannot be explained in detail. From one thing, know ten thousand things. When you attain the Way of strategy there will not be one thing you cannot see. You must study hard.