Coming to the Game Aug 13

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

LFITQ
Team Captain

Ok so I have broken the bank and bought some tix for the game on Aug 13. (hard to believe at one point tickets at the 20 yrd line cost me roughly $20 each at one point, now it is $90).

But we are driving (from Richmond probably), so the million dollar question is where is parking and where do people congregate before the game?
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
woody
Champion

I'm not 100% sure because i never drive to Empire,but i heard before that the parking lot across from the PNE on the corner of hastings and renfrew is cheaper than the lots on the pne grounds.I think its cheaper because its owned by the city.

I see alot of people tailgating in lot 9 behind empire field on the PNE grounds,I go there if im early and hang around with the guys in my section,they always have a tailgate going.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

LFITQ wrote:Ok so I have broken the bank and bought some tix for the game on Aug 13. (hard to believe at one point tickets at the 20 yrd line cost me roughly $20 each at one point, now it is $90).

But we are driving (from Richmond probably), so the million dollar question is where is parking and where do people congregate before the game?
Lot 9, immediately north of the stadium off Bridgeway, is where most people congregate. It's $20 (as are most PNE lots) but fills up quickly and might be sold out well before the game. It has also taken me almost an hour to get out of there after the last two games, thanks to backups from police roadblocks on the Cassiar on-ramp to Highway 1.
Rammer
Team Captain

Ahhh, typical bandwagon fan, jumping onboard when the team wins a game, not before. :tease:

Seriously, have fun and you should have asked for some kids coupons on here before purchasing, as they are good with an adult, reducing that stratospheric ticket price in half for you. Always come to LB'ers and ask when you are buying tickets first. :2cents:
Entertainment value = an all time low
LFITQ
Team Captain

Ended up going to Ticketexchange from the website to get decent tix. Don't think the coupons would have worked there.

As for not going to games ... i was told an interesting tale about your attendance, Rammer at the tailgate ... :wink:
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
Rammer
Team Captain

LFITQ wrote:Ended up going to Ticketexchange from the website to get decent tix. Don't think the coupons would have worked there.

As for not going to games ... i was told an interesting tale about your attendance, Rammer at the tailgate ... :wink:
Non existent if the tale is correct, but I am pretty sure that the Lions would exchange any tickets that you did purchase for seats beside each other utilizing the two for one tickets. I hope that you received your monies worth at any rate, or perhaps not.....

Truth be told, I haven't bought ST since the last BC Place season and in reflection wish I hadn't purchased them in that season either. The game is easier to remove yourself from as you get use to it, even easier knowing that I am saving myself a couple of hundred each home game. The problem with the Lions situation currently is that there are becoming more and more fans like myself, finding other things to do and can wait to watch the game on our agenda. I call that apathy, but waiting for the hook to be dangled, which in my case may just be BC Place again. I really didn't feel like bringing the kids to games that I was sitting outside in the rain, as I do enough of that watching 4 kids playing soccer, I don't need to pay for that.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

LFITQ wrote:Ok so I have broken the bank and bought some tix for the game on Aug 13. (hard to believe at one point tickets at the 20 yrd line cost me roughly $20 each at one point, now it is $90).

This is exactly why I didn't buy into the silly mania about being outside again and in a smaller venue.

Smaller venue has to mean higher ticket prices. Canucks are a good example. It could be a decent priced product in a 50,000 seat stadium.

I have many memories of Empire and most of them about rain and cold. Just like I did watching the WHL Vancouver Canucks at Exhibition Gardens. It was brutally cold in there as it had to be in those days.

Downtown while longer to get to from Coquitlam is a better venue and atmosphere for games.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy