Depth Chart vs the Eskimos - 20111120 WDF

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

joe kapp22 wrote:Well, Hodgson maybe broke his foot on Sunday, per LU, wonder who gets an invitation for the practice squad if it is true?

Carter maybe? He was the last cut.
Wally is not always in a hurry to get information to the media. Most of the other CFL clubs have made the announcements of their rosters, cuts, PR, all the way down to the list of 46 Active Players. Wally still has 49 players on his Active List. Must get that down to 46.

I still see Michael Carter on that Roster List, one of the 49. I expect 3 of those names to end up on an injured list.

Until Michael Carter is removed from the Active List, I expect he is still practicing with the team.

The Lions still have a total of 60 players available. Most of it the roster work is done. Just the 3 extras I would expect to be moved to an injury list now.

I'm guessing Stanley Franks is going to miss at least the first game of the season. David Hyland to the rescue?
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Depth Chart for the Alouettes game ... and 46 Man Roster ...
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Possible sitout players from the 46 Man Roster ...

Cauchy Muamba (or Hamid Mahmoudi), J.R. LaRose, Andrew Jones (or Jesse Newman), Kamau Peterson

Michael Carter finally removed from the Lions' Roster as on their website. He seems to be a good prospect, but it would have had to come down to him or Hamid Mahmoudi (who looks very good this year) or Cauchy Muamba (who must be considered a future safety for the team).

Rajon Henley has been removed from any of the lists.

58 players in total. IMO still a very conservative number in terms of how some teams approach roster management. I would have put Henley and Carter on an injured list.
joe kapp22
Legend

WestCoastJoe wrote:Possible sitout players from the 46 Man Roster ...

Cauchy Muamba (or Hamid Mahmoudi), J.R. LaRose, Andrew Jones (or Jesse Newman), Kamau Peterson

Michael Carter finally removed from the Lions' Roster as on their website. He seems to be a good prospect, but it would have had to come down to him or Hamid Mahmoudi (who looks very good this year) or Cauchy Muamba (who must be considered a future safety for the team).

Rajon Henley has been removed from any of the lists.

58 players in total. IMO still a very conservative number in terms of how some teams approach roster management. I would have put Henley and Carter on an injured list.
I believe Rajon Henley was the last of the "I just want to get some film" players they brought in this yr?
Know the smallest things and the biggest things, the shallowest things and the deepest things. As if it were a straight road mapped out on the ground ... These things cannot be explained in detail. From one thing, know ten thousand things. When you attain the Way of strategy there will not be one thing you cannot see. You must study hard.
Lionheart
Hall of Famer

What am I missing? Why can't Hyland start at short side half back and Reddick take care of safety? I'm nervous on that safety position.
Rammer
Team Captain

Lionheart wrote:What am I missing? Why can't Hyland start at short side half back and Reddick take care of safety? I'm nervous on that safety position.
That is why it is called the safety position, good luck to us on that front....errr backend.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Lions4ever
Hall of Famer

Lionheart wrote:What am I missing? Why can't Hyland start at short side half back and Reddick take care of safety? I'm nervous on that safety position.
Cheer up LH. At least we don't have to endure Tad "the Wizard of Whiff" Crawford back there now.
joe kapp22
Legend

Lions4ever wrote:
Cheer up LH. At least we don't have to endure Tad "the Wizard of Whiff" Crawford back there now.

Well..not some mystery who the Al's will test out in Gm #1.
Know the smallest things and the biggest things, the shallowest things and the deepest things. As if it were a straight road mapped out on the ground ... These things cannot be explained in detail. From one thing, know ten thousand things. When you attain the Way of strategy there will not be one thing you cannot see. You must study hard.
Rammer
Team Captain

joe kapp22 wrote:
Lions4ever wrote:

Well..not some mystery who the Al's will test out in Gm #1.
I bet the Lions rotate with Hyland sitting in at safety and Arakgi into cover. But the Lions biggest success against the Als over the years has been their ability to attack AC and make him get rid of the ball sooner than he wants to. Hope that can continue in a 3/4 D, and the Als may force the Lions to rethink that if any team does.
Entertainment value = an all time low
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

http://www.bclions.com/roster/index/team/1

#23. Michael Carter is back on the Lions' Roster List. He had been removed last week. Added to the TiCats. I expect this is just a clerical error.

He is still on the TiCats' Practice Roster list.
korey&dante4ever
Champion

Any word if Franks will be ready to go?.. Reddick at halfback is not the best fit for him IMO.
-Believes in building from the trenches outwards. A great O-Line and D-Line guarantees an above average team.
-A coach that has to give a motivational pregame speech is probably a coach that is insecure about his game plan.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Did the Lions bring in the 2 Non-Import defensive linemen ?
joe kapp22
Legend

TheLionKing wrote:Did the Lions bring in the 2 Non-Import defensive linemen ?

LU has not said anything as of yet, have to wonder if the performance of the Young Wr's has made Wally B think twice about moving a Peterson off of the roster?
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

One of the non-imports the Lions were interested in decided to remain in Saskatchewan, where he was on the practice roster. They've brought in one import and one non-import instead, according to LU.
FifthQtr Lowell Ullrich
New on view at Leos practice later today: Import DL Khreem Smith (Spokane, AFL) and as mentioned last week, North Delta DL Nuvraj Bassi
David
Team Captain

B.C.FAN wrote:
One of the non-imports the Lions were interested in decided to remain in Saskatchewan, where he was on the practice roster. They've brought in one import and one non-import instead, according to LU.
FifthQtr Lowell Ullrich
New on view at Leos practice later today: Import DL Khreem Smith (Spokane, AFL) and as mentioned last week, North Delta DL Nuvraj Bassi
Yes, interestingly, local product Ryan Lucas (DT) rejected the Lions' offer to leave the Riders PR (probably making too much money on it). :wink:

IIRC Bassi (also a local guy who played at Oregon) was drafted several years ago but they tried to turn him into an O-lineman and quit the team.

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar