Canucks 2011 Playoff Run

Discuss the NHL, NFL, CIS, NCAA, Lacrosse, Soccer, Baseball, Basketball, Motorsports, Golf, Rugby, Amateur Sport, Curling, Wrestling ... Whatever Sport or Leisure activity you like!

Moderator: Team Captains

1greatmysticbushape
Champion

not that circle jerks arn't fun.
notahomer
Hall of Famer

Oh it will be a strange weekend. Canucks/Bruins friday, UFC Saturday and game six doesn't happen until Monday! Sure hope hockey is the highlight of the weekend. I don't think the UFC is used to being the sporting event afterthought in a city. I am personally happy with the outcome of the NBA finals too. Both the NBA and NHL finals are not going to what many people thought, just more proof thats why they play the games. Wonder what EA Sports had for the NBA, since they seemed to have nailed the Stanley Cup ( :cr: lets hope they get EVERYTHING RIGHT- Nucks in seven).
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

1greatmysticbushape wrote:not that circle jerks arn't fun.
do tell us about it.
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
1greatmysticbushape
Champion

how about those Canucks
notahomer
Hall of Famer

Saw first little bit of Off the Record (TSN) and Landsberg had Pat Quinn on. Nice to know he's been following the Nucks and wants them to win! I hope tonights game is more like one of the first two. Hope everyone has a blast wherever you're taking the game in.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

What a game tonight ! I hope the Canucks end it on Monday because my ticker can't take anymore of this drama.
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

:whs:
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
notahomer
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:What a game tonight ! I hope the Canucks end it on Monday because my ticker can't take anymore of this drama.
I like defensive hockey (and football for that matter). Sure goals are great but when they aren't happening often the ones that do are that much bigger. I can't believe it, five games and three have been shutouts. I was chatting with one friend and he blames the bad Boston ice for the Canucks bad showings in Boston. I understand where he is coming from but both teams play on the same ice. Certainly would make sense that better ice would benefit the faster team but all three games in Vancouver could have easily been Boston wins, IMO. Vancouver deserved every win, I'm just saying a bounce here, a break there Boston wins.
Rammer
Team Captain

notahomer wrote:
TheLionKing wrote:What a game tonight ! I hope the Canucks end it on Monday because my ticker can't take anymore of this drama.
I like defensive hockey (and football for that matter). Sure goals are great but when they aren't happening often the ones that do are that much bigger. I can't believe it, five games and three have been shutouts. I was chatting with one friend and he blames the bad Boston ice for the Canucks bad showings in Boston. I understand where he is coming from but both teams play on the same ice. Certainly would make sense that better ice would benefit the faster team but all three games in Vancouver could have easily been Boston wins, IMO. Vancouver deserved every win, I'm just saying a bounce here, a break there Boston wins.
You are pretty much bang on, but there didn't seem to be the extra between whistle stuff going on, which IMO is to the benefit of the Canucks.
Entertainment value = an all time low
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

man, those two goals were ridiculous. Its like Luongo didnt even try. I would say pull him already but it wouldnt matter as no way the canucks are going to put 3 past thomas in any game, let alone in boston.

I knew the canucks were going to lose as soon as I saw the back page of todays province.
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

I don't usually repeat myself that often but I have gone from being Luongo neutral to a Luongo hater. This is bloody ridiculous. Gillis do yourself a favour and find a way to ditch Luongo. He isn't worth the coin he is getting paid.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

If Gillis keeps luongo and loses schnieder next season, it will be the worse decision since the loss of Cam Neely
Rammer
Team Captain

KnowItAll wrote:If Gillis keeps luongo and loses schnieder next season, it will be the worse decision since the loss of Cam Neely
Luongo is and alright choice as long as the Bruins aren't in the finals with the Canucks and have home ice advantage next SC..... :shock:

However, it comes down to trade value, who wants a $6M dollar goaltender who has concentration distractions when he gets down by a goal on the road.
Entertainment value = an all time low
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

I know that thomas is good, but the canucks trying to score look like keystone cops on skates.
notahomer
Hall of Famer

When Luongo gets interviewed after a win, he's willing to take credit "I saw the puck well". If/when he's interviewed after a loss suddenly his team-mate side comes out and "we gotta play better". I feel the Sedins are the opposite. They want to be self-centred when it comes to talking about how they as individuals need to play better but when it comes to getting credit it "WE not me". Maybe it was the attempt at captain that got Luongo into the habit. This is a team. Luongo didn't win the game Friday, the Vancouver Canucks (of which Luongo is a member, obviously) did. Luongo isn't going to be the reason why the Vancouver Canucks win/lose the seventh game either. At the same time, you need your goalie to make saves on those first two goals tonight. Hopefully the teams that played Friday in Vancouver are the ones suiting up for game seven... Many media get upset at the Luongo-haters that seem to appear but we wouldn't have reason to pull our hair out if he didn't have the kind of games he had IN ALL THREE GAMES IN BOSTON! Its kinda like Blackhawks 2010 without the chelsea dagger. Oh well, I hope game seven will be a dandy.