Some Sad News

Must be 18 to enter! Talk about anything but Football

Moderator: Team Captains

Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

My father recently passed away. March 6th

His memorial was Monday.

The reason I wanted to bring this up is that it was because of my father, that I developed a love for the CFL and the BC Lions. He took me to my first games at Empire when I was young. He talked in almost worshipful terms about some of the Lions early greats, Willie Flemming, Joe Kapp, Jim Young . Later on, we purchased seasons tickets together as father and son. We shared the triumph of 1994 together in the stands at BC Place, enjoyed getting blown out of that same stadium and even made a road trip to Edmonton a few years ago. It was a special thing for me and the BC Lions will always be a part of some of my most favourite memories of my father.

I wish more than anything that I could go to just one more game with him; give him a big hug and cheer with him as we score on an exciting play. Unfortunately, now that opportunity is gone.

So for all you good and wonderful people here at Lionbackers, be sure to cherish those who are dear to you. Capture each special moment and treasure it and the next time you are at a game, give a toast to all the fathers and sons (and daughters) who have laughed, cheered and cried together watching our BC Lions.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
Robbie
Hall of Famer

My deepest sympathies and condolences to you and your family, Sir Purrcival.

You're a great poster and among other things, you made some great postings on Robert Dziekański.
祝加拿大加式足球聯賽不列颠哥伦比亚卑詩雄獅隊今年贏格雷杯冠軍。此外祝溫哥華加人隊贏總統獎座·卡雲斯·甘保杯·史丹利盃。還每年祝溫哥華白頭浪隊贏美國足球大联盟杯。不要忘記每年祝溫哥華巨人贏西部冰球聯盟冠軍。
改建後的卑詩體育館於二十十一年九月三十日重新對外開放,首場體育活動為同日舉行的加拿大足球聯賽賽事,由主場的卑詩雄獅隊以三十三比二十四擊敗愛民頓愛斯基摩人隊。
祝你龍年行大運。
恭喜西雅图海鹰直到第四十八屆超級盃最終四十三比八大勝曾拿下兩次超級盃冠軍的丹佛野馬拿下隊史第一個超級盃冠軍。
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

My memory of your dad was when we were all at an Eskimos road game and those young punks were trying to muscle past us, and your dad stood up to them and put them in their place. Classic. Sorry for your loss. :(
Real women wear orange!!
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Heartfelt condolences to you and your family.
PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

I feel you your lost Sir Purrcy but there cannot many things more rewarding nor as wonderful than a deep-seated father-son relationship with your sire, mentor, role model, confident, and friend.

For me, and my Dad it was about flying, sailing, fishing, and hunting. I got the news of my Dad’s own departure when I was living in Saanich B.C. October 17, 1983. Ron and I had tickets to the 1st Western Final to play at B.C Place that season, where we beat Winnipeg 39-21, but I watched the game from my life-long friend’s home in Ontario after seeing my father to rest.

I acutely feel the lost you must be aching from as I lost my own little brother a little over two years ago in February 2009 and still have a tough time with it, as he was only 53 years old.

It is said time heals all scars, and so it is my wish that you may heal knowing that your Dad dropped his mortal coil, knowing he left behind a greater fan of his beloved team, and in his place.
"Just Win Baby" ~ Al Davis
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

It is never easy to lose a loved one and especially one with whom you obviously had a close and lasting bond.

The good memories though never leave you and if you can find solace and comfort in those I think it helps.

Our kids still talk today about going to sports events together and those memories are special for them and for us as parents.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

Lots of good words and feelings everybody.

Thanks

:beer:
mws
Starter

Dear Purrcival,

Just wanted to share my condolences. However, I'm happy to hear that you had such a great relationship with your Dad. You'll have many happy memories to look back on.

I too lost my Dad some years back and our connections were the Lions & fishing. My "Old Man" and I would hop the bus at Woodward's in New Westminster and head to Empire during the days of Fleming & Kapp. Every season brings back great memories.

Here's hoping that your sorrow soon passes and that the great times with your Dad bring you comfort.

My best wishes,

mws
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

:beer: